Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Dukkha is more than suffering.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    You're also possessed by the Demon of Irrelevancy.
    That crosses my mind when I see youth dressing like hippies and growing "Hip"beards and playing gutars in a band ---thinking they are doing something new.

OshKosh Overalls
    Flappers,
    Jazz,
    Dappers,
    Zoot Suits,
    Big Band,
    swing dance bobby soxers,
    Doo-wop,
    Berets & goatees,
    Blues,
    Bell bottoms Mop tops,
    Flower power granny dresses
    R&B,
    R&R,
    Soul,
    Glam,
    Punk,
    Grunge,
    Disco,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap,
    Rap........................................

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Religion isn't about proving what happens when we are dead.
    Religion is about how to die correctly.

Religion is about avoiding the death of a fool.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bhaktajan For This Post:

dukkha (04-30-2019)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Astral projection is a term used in esotericism to describe a willful out-of-body experience that assumes the existence of a soul or consciousness called an "astral body" that is separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it throughout the universe. Wikipedia

The Human body is made of 8 elements:

Earth
    water
    fire
    air
    either
    mind
    intelligence
    ego

The 1st five are the gross body.
    The last 3 are the subtle body.

The example is:
    When sudden death kills the body [I refer to instantaneous death ie car crash, explosion etc]
    the subtle body remains and can witness. The mechanism of how it can discern gross
    activity is a specific mystery to me. But it is explained in the Sanskrit texts that Ghosts
    are example of the subtle body existing and waiting for its natural karma to run out
    [after which it will take an new birth etc].

So if sudden death occurs the subtle body remains and can "somehow" witness the environs...
    nut it cannot "act".

Furthermore, a subtle body [aka ghost] that lingers too long will yearn to "act" ---weak willed people,
    or impaired/intoxicated people can become possessed by a roaming ghost that will then "act-out".

FYI: the recitation of the Lord's name usually is enough to send an astra-body on it way somewhere else.

PS:
    Beyond the 8 elements of the body [which is the same for all living creatures up to the point of their own station in life]
    exists:

Time,
    Space,
    Soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Wow. You're really quite fucking stupid.
    Chapter 7 TEXT 4
    TRANSLATION

Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego—altogether these eight comprise My separated material energies.

PURPORT
    The science of God analyzes the constitutional position of God and His diverse energies.
    Material nature is called prakrti, or the energy of the Lord...
    This material world is a temporary manifestation of one of the energies of the Lord.
    Generally one who does not know the science of God (Krishna) assumes that this material
    world is for the enjoyment of the living entities and that the living entities are the causes,
    controllers and enjoyers of the material energy. According to Bhagavad-gita this atheistic
    conclusion is false. In the verse under discussion it is stated that Krishna is the original
    cause of the material manifestation. The ingredients of the material manifestation
    are separated energies of the Lord.

Even the brahmajyoti effulgence, which is the ultimate goal of the impersonalists,
    is a spiritual energy manifested in the spiritual sky. There are no spiritual diversities
    in brahmajyoti effulgence as there are in the Vaikuntha-lokas, and the impersonalist
    accepts this brahmajyoti effulgence as the ultimate eternal goal.

In the material energy, the principal manifestations are eight, as above mentioned.
    Out of these, the first five manifestations, namely earth, water, fire, air and sky, are
    called the five gigantic creations or the gross creations, within which the five sense
    objects are included. They are the manifestations of physical sound, touch, form,
    taste and smell. Material science comprises these ten items and nothing more.
    But the other three items, namely mind, intelligence and false ego, are neglected
    by the materialists. Philosophers who deal with mental activities are also not perfect
    in knowledge because they do not know the ultimate source, Krishna .
    The false ego-"I am," and "It is mine," which constitute the basic principle of
    material existence-includes ten sense organs for material activities.

Therefore from the eight separated energies of the Lord are manifest the
    material world, which are the subject matter of sankhya atheistic philosophy;
    they are originally offshoots from Krishna's energies and are separated from Him,
    but atheistic sankhya philosophers with a poor fund of knowledge do not know
    Krishna as the cause of all causes. The subject matter for discussion in the
    sankhya philosophy is only the manifestation of the external energy of Krishna,
    as it is described in the Bhagavad-gita.

{edited for brevity by Bhaktajan for assassins on the go}

https://asitis.com/7/4.html

NOTE: sankhya is the intellectual study of the physics in Hindu scriptures.
    Last edited by bhaktajan; 04-30-2019 at 04:45 PM.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Chinese took urine and poured it on a pile of hay repeatedly and later collected the crud at the bottom of the heap and got gun powder.

Your bile is backed up in your gall bladder..dredge it out.
    And yet there is no gunpowder or anything flammable in the human body.

yUo = taRd

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That crosses my mind when I see what gays say when they are upset with straight folks.
    So you get upset with straight folks a lot? Why?

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Chapter 7 TEXT 4
    TRANSLATION

Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego—altogether these eight comprise My separated material energies.

PURPORT
    The science of God analyzes the constitutional position of God and His diverse energies.
    Material nature is called prakrti, or the energy of the Lord...
    This material world is a temporary manifestation of one of the energies of the Lord.
    Generally one who does not know the science of God (Krishna) assumes that this material
    world is for the enjoyment of the living entities and that the living entities are the causes,
    controllers and enjoyers of the material energy. According to Bhagavad-gita this atheistic
    conclusion is false. In the verse under discussion it is stated that Krishna is the original
    cause of the material manifestation. The ingredients of the material manifestation
    are separated energies of the Lord.

Even the brahmajyoti effulgence, which is the ultimate goal of the impersonalists,
    is a spiritual energy manifested in the spiritual sky. There are no spiritual diversities
    in brahmajyoti effulgence as there are in the Vaikuntha-lokas, and the impersonalist
    accepts this brahmajyoti effulgence as the ultimate eternal goal.

In the material energy, the principal manifestations are eight, as above mentioned.
    Out of these, the first five manifestations, namely earth, water, fire, air and sky, are
    called the five gigantic creations or the gross creations, within which the five sense
    objects are included. They are the manifestations of physical sound, touch, form,
    taste and smell. Material science comprises these ten items and nothing more.
    But the other three items, namely mind, intelligence and false ego, are neglected
    by the materialists. Philosophers who deal with mental activities are also not perfect
    in knowledge because they do not know the ultimate source, Krishna .
    The false ego-"I am," and "It is mine," which constitute the basic principle of
    material existence-includes ten sense organs for material activities.

Therefore from the eight separated energies of the Lord are manifest the
    material world, which are the subject matter of sankhya atheistic philosophy;
    they are originally offshoots from Krishna's energies and are separated from Him,
    but atheistic sankhya philosophers with a poor fund of knowledge do not know
    Krishna as the cause of all causes. The subject matter for discussion in the
    sankhya philosophy is only the manifestation of the external energy of Krishna,
    as it is described in the Bhagavad-gita.

{edited for brevity by Bhaktajan for assassins on the go}

https://asitis.com/7/4.html

NOTE: sankhya is the intellectual study of the physics in Hindu scriptures.
    Thanks for admitting that there is no fire or ether in the human body, Arjuna boy.

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    LOL A thread topic in which never the twain shall meet. Kinda funny how all this imaginary stuff comes to seem important. It is estimated there are 4200 religions in the world today, and probably even more have gone to their grave and yet people debate and believe and follow. In a sense one can believe anything at all, just don't hurt other people who believe or don't believe some other magical explanation for existence.

"To sum up: 1. The cosmos is a gigantic fly-wheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute. 2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it. 3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him the ride." H. L. Mencken
    Some spend MORE time worrying about the NEXT Life, rather than being concerned about THIS Life.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jack: "Can YOU prove 'Life After Death' ?"
    Bhaktajan: "Life and death is the same as Death and life."

Hmmmm ... in that case, kill yourself and continue posting.

What makes you so cock-sure there is death after life?

What assures you that you will die?

Because you are at one end of the spectrum now?

Like what goes up must come down?

So once down...you're cock-sure...there ain't no gettin up again?

It's polar opposites in a world composed of polar opposites.

Once your rich, you can't be poor again? They live side by side inseparably.

Life and death is the same as Death and life.

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Jack: "Can YOU prove 'Life After Death' ?"
    Bhaktajan: "Life and death is the same as Death and life."

Hmmmm ... in that case, kill yourself and continue posting.

The Soul keeps the body animated. [Anima = the Italian word for soul].

The body is a machine, it is animated by the soul's presence in the machine's CPU.

It is exactly like a Car ---the parts may wear down and the car dies--- the driver gets out and gets a new car.

FOOTNOTES:
    § Bg 2.22
    "As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, similarly, the soul accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones."
    PURPORT
    Change of body by the atomic individual soul is an accepted fact. Even some of the modern scientists who do not believe in the existence of the soul, but at the same time cannot explain the source of energy from the heart, have to accept continuous changes of body which appear from childhood to boyhood and from boyhood to youth and again from youth to old age. From old age, the change is transferred to another body. This has already been explained in the previous verse.

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,039 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

This sounds a little like "The Last shall be First, and the First shall be Last". Trying to sooth the Unfortunates into accepting their Fate. Or the one about the Rich Man going to Heaven would be like a Camel going through the Eye of a Needle.
    Was the Period that the Buddha became revered (promoted) a time of Rebellion?
    This

The clinging to attachments is what causes the suffering - you want it back, or you want what you don't have
    From a guy parading as a Buddhist, who sells 'as seen on t.v' crap to those who cling to attachments. He frequented pill mills because his knees hurt, until his governor shut them down.

Suffering/impermanence indeed.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Jack (05-01-2019)

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Modern People accept that you are Born, ... you Live, ... you Die. Period.
    YOU ... are being controlled by others because they promise you Eternal Life ... somewhere.
    Correct. Death scares the shit out of him.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Jack (05-01-2019)

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Please explain how you see "morality/moral sphere." I see it as intrinsically linked to behavior, rather than a philosophy of mind. IOW, to me "morality" is how I think of and treat other living beings. As for the impermanence of things, to consider this is uplifting and freeing, to me. I'll only be here for but a brief blip of time; better make something of that time. I'm a grain of star dust in the universe; there are untold exponents of 10 billions more sharing this realm. This is freeing. Everything dies. New life arises. So I think it's good to love hard, love long, don't be afraid to express how you feel to a friend or loved one. Honor and cherish your own life and all life that connects you with this planet. Fight hard against that which dishonors and hates life. I don't know what "philosophy" this fits under, it just is how I see and it and live it. Seems maybe that it's similar to what you are saying?
    I've done quite a bit of work at meditation ashrams. Far and away, there are more thieves parading as enlightened ones at these places, than any place I've worked.

Further, the devotees are some of the most uptight people I've ever been around. I guess the journey is tougher for some, than others.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-01-2019)

17. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    As for me, I don't know one way or the other after the nature of an afterlife, or if there is one. I also don't understand the anger and fear that various believers have towards others' beliefs regarding that. I kind of figure that whatever happens after death (If anything other than lights out) happens to us all regardless of what we believe, or don't believe. What do you think?
    Acceptance is important. Those who fight the thought of passing, tend to be restless souls in the afterlife. Those who doubt in this life, will certainly be a little more enlightened in the next one.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-01-2019)

19. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Correct. Death scares the shit out of him.
    Isn't this what the Terrorist think?

Correct me if I am being presuptuous

20. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Acceptance is important. Those who fight the thought of passing, tend to be restless souls in the afterlife. Those who doubt in this life, will certainly be a little more enlightened in the next one.
    Like when the Police shoot first and get sued later cases?