Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Dukkha is more than suffering.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

But....to each his own, I can only defend MY FAITH.
    OMG.. STFU already... start your own thread instead of sermonizing all over this one..
    dang holy rollers have no tolerance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-29-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    OMG.. STFU already... start your own thread instead of sermonizing all over this one.. damn holy rollers have no tolerance
    There it is......SOCK, exposed. Not much accolade in being exposed as a fraud...no? Its just a matter of ringing the right bell. The "ID" knows all and exposes all. I am still wondering why a thread on religion was started on a site called JPP? You can look at all the threads that I have started promoting religion. It will surprise you. Me thinks....the entire fraud was to make discourse for CHRISTIANS. Just an opinion. You appear not be ready to move on to the next life...with all that repressed anger. Karma is a hell of a thing no? This is what happens when you Question All THINGS.....PROVE ALL THINGS....it rings some people's bell. No where in all of Christianity is there a command to be POLITICALLY CORRECT...or tolerant of fallacies.

What we are taught is a simple lesson, "Preach the word; be prepared in season, out of season.....correct, rebuke and encourage (through truth implied) with great patience and careful instruction." -- 2 Tim. 4:2
    Last edited by Ralph; 04-29-2019 at 07:34 AM.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think Ralph has pretty much admitted to being a Cult Follower.
    I don'r consider christianity a "cult" it's a major world religion with a message of love unlike Islam for ex,
    the Evangelical preaching though is annoying when trying to talk about stuff not Xtian related

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Jack (04-29-2019)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    There it is......
    fucking sanctimonious asshat.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I don't think I've heard that "everything disappears" bit. Are you talking about the soul/spirit, rather than material, physical matter? Thanks for the info regarding nirvana and the history of Buddhism.

As for me, I don't know one way or the other after the nature of an afterlife, or if there is one. I also don't understand the anger and fear that various believers have towards others' beliefs regarding that. I kind of figure that whatever happens after death (If anything other than lights out) happens to us all regardless of what we believe, or don't believe. What do you think?
    bhaktajan is a Hare Krisna sage. Hindu believe in the self reincarnating, Buddhists do not,
    The reason for reincarnation is any imperfected karma is not Nirvanna release, but the life energy is then recycled
    as samasara

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the Law of Karma
    https://www.google.com/search?client...karma+buddhism
    The six realms of rebirth include Deva (heavenly), Asura (demigod), Manusya (human), Tiryak (animals), Preta (ghosts), and Naraka (resident of hell).
    rebirth, state Buddhism traditions, is determined by karma, with good realms favored by Kushala (good karma), while a rebirth in evil realms is a consequence of Akushala (bad karma).
    While Nirvana is the ultimate goal of Buddhist teaching, much of traditional Buddhist practice has been
    centered on gaining merit and merit transfer, whereby one gains rebirth in the good realms and avoids rebirth in the evil realms.

and

https://www.britannica.com/topic/paticca-samuppada
    the chain, or law, of dependent arising (paṭicca-samuppāda), or the chain of causation—a fundamental concept of Buddhism describing the causes of suffering (dukkha) and the course of events that lead a being through rebirth, old age, and death.
    karma refers to the idea that intentional actions have consequences for the agent, in this life and in future lives; in fact, it is karma that leads to rebirth. Buddhists understand the law of karma as another manifestation of dependent arising (paṭicca-samuppāda), the law of cause and effect, whereby everything that exists arises due to specific conditions. In this sense, the law of karma is a sort of natural law, so that actions are naturally followed by consequences, not as the result of divine judgement. But they will follow: the Buddha emphasised that actions lead inevitably to appropriate consequences:
    (important -dont want it missed under all that other stuff)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,411 Times in 53,283 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

bhaktajan is a Hare Krisna sage. Hindu believe in the self reincarnating, Buddhists do not,
    The reason for reincarnation is any imperfected karma is not Nirvanna release, but the life energy is then recycled
    as samasara
    The recycling of "life energy" seems logical to me. After all, everything in meat space is recycled. The problem then becomes proving that there is "life energy/spiriti/soul."

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The recycling of "life energy" seems logical to me. After all, everything in meat space is recycled. The problem then becomes proving that there is "life energy/spiriti/soul."
    the karma is that energy
    https://hackspirit.com/truth-karma-c...-force-life-1/
    The word “karma” means “action,” not “fate.” In Buddhism, karma is an energy created by willful action, through thoughts, words and deeds. We are all creating karma every minute, and the karma we create affects us every minute.It’s common to think of “my karma” as something you did in your last life that seals your fate in this life, but this is not Buddhist understanding. Karma is an action, not a result. The future is not set in stone. You can change the course of your life right now by changing your volitional (intentional) acts and self-destructive patterns

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

as samasara
    Oy Oy Oy. At best I am a good clerk and "Well, occasionally I like to help the humans"

aka a Good Neighbor [...God's knows what happening to this neighborhood!...]

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is the Earth still the Center of the Universe.
    Do you worship 'graven images'? (Like Christ on a Cross)
    Do you take Sunday off? (One of the Big Ten)
    Still believe that a Dead Person (Jesus) has the ability to become alive after 3 days and walk among us?
    Then, ... floats off into outer space and lands ...?
    ...and lands at the right hand of the father.

That's what "Avataras" do.

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Still believe that a Dead Person (Jesus) has the ability to become alive after 3 days and walk among us?
    Then, ... floats off into outer space .... .... ...?
    Now I intend to be very sincere in the following statements:

When entering "Ashram" life [aka enter monastic life +/-] the FIRST thing that is to be taught and the first thing to learn is:

I AM NOT THIS MATERIAL BODY, I AM SPIRIT SOUL.
    [the First Rule of Spiritual Knowledge]

Yada yada yada.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Predicated upon the above maxim of yore...IMO...Christ's "Pastimes" on Earth
    [as an Avatara ---that advents, and, teaches Dharma. Note: Only enough
    Dharma "as per Time and place/Audience"] was to "Take away the sins of the world"
    ---The Sins in question [aka lots of varied bad karma enmass] was the lack of knowledge
    that "WE ARE NOT THIS MATERIAL BODIES, WE ARE SPIRIT SOULS"

I have learnt via documentaries that in Roman times the emperor was the divine being on earth--- not the peons. No never the peons.
    They were the subjects and the common person's existence was deigned to be fleeting by definition. Only the Autocrat was divine.
    The common person in western antiquity made oblations to the temple etc etc for the good of their "Sovereign"
    ---this is how is was in pagan days--- it was NOT every-man for himself.

BUT...when...Jesus came and went...
    word spread...
    and in every distant point in the "known World" that the event was heard...

Fellows like these understood immediately the meaning...
    And every other bloke the world over understood from the get-go
    Oi I AM NOT THIS MATERIAL BODY, I AM SPIRIT SOUL !

So if you come to the point where you realise

That's called self-realisation.
    That comes after much pious prayer and erasure of bad-karma...
    Jesus's Pastimes accomplished imbibing the First Rule of Spiritual Knowledge

It takes lifetimes of bad-karma to conceal the First maxim of Spiritual Knowledge:

Jesus enacted a pastimes where this maxim got embedded in everyone's heart.

PS: the Soul [jiva-atma] is located in the heart. Yada yada yada.

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't think I've heard that "everything disappears" bit.
    Black holes are spoken of by Guru and *Pandits.
    The holes are hidden in space far away and can
    only be seen in High Mathematics [which you can
    self-teach your self or for a fee learn from bonefide
    true real Nerds incarnata].

*Pundita, Pundit from the Sanskrit word for scholar, teacher, professor.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bhaktajan For This Post:

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you talking about the soul/spirit, rather than material, physical matter?
    Nirvana is the state sought by the meditating [yogi].

Nirvana in Sanskrit means "without-qualities" [nir-vana]
    It will be in full upon death.

If such a state is experienced during one's life time...the Sanskrit term is "Samadhi" [serene equanimity].

When the individual stops creating both Good & Bad Karma and will not take another birth in future, Nirvana is achieved.

But death is the final exam. If the exam is failed samsara occurs...and piety must be resumed to continue progress on the path toward nirvana.

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As for the afterlife, who knows? Different religions teach different outcomes.
    There are three World Scripture from which all other so-called scripture branch out from:
    Judeo-Christian Bible;
    Muslim Koran;
    Sanskrit Vedas.

So there are 3 teachings.

Karma is Action and re-action.
    An object moves through empty space
    and bumps into another object and
    a chain re-action occurs.

The world is composed of the "periodical Table of Elements" [the 10 thousand things]
    and the laws of Duality [yin & yang] swirls around the 10 thousand elements
    into a phantasmagoria of re-actions.

The Sanskrit texts say there's really a 3-part ying & yang force that fluxes the
    10 thousand things, name the 3-Modes of Nature [the 3-gunas: sattva, raja and tama guna(s)]

So that the 10 thousand things and the interplay of the 3-gunas produces three sorts of re-actions:
    Good-Re-action, Complex-Re-action, Bad-Re-action.

The funny thing is that the 3-gunas [sattva-guna, raja-guna & tama-guna]
    when translated into English literally spell out personality traits/disposition
    [rather then a mechanical name reference ie he's a "tool']:

sattva-guna = mode of Goodness
    raja-guna = mode of passion
    tama-guna = mode of ignorance

In Taoism it's a ying-mode or yang-mode or different degrees of both modes.

In the Vedas it's parts of Goodness mixed with passion mixed with ignorance of different degrees

Have you heard anyone say "You are carrying around too much ying. You need some more yang"?

We are in a world of duality: light/dark; fat/skinny; near/far; left/right; up/down; Small Shining Stars/Wide open dark space;
    male/female; happy/sad; birth/death.

Each opposite is paired-up and in-separable from the other. You can't find one without the other!

If you are born, you will die...if you die, you will live again.

law of conservation of energy definition
    In physics and chemistry, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy
    of an isolated system remains constant; it is said to be conserved over time.
    This law means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be
    transformed or transferred from one form to another. Wikipedia

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    There it is......SOCK, exposed. Not much accolade in being exposed as a fraud...no? Its just a matter of ringing the right bell. The "ID" knows all and exposes all. I am still wondering why a thread on religion was started on a site called JPP? You can look at all the threads that I have started promoting religion. It will surprise you. Me thinks....the entire fraud was to make discourse for CHRISTIANS. Just an opinion. You appear not be ready to move on to the next life...with all that repressed anger. Karma is a hell of a thing no? This is what happens when you Question All THINGS.....PROVE ALL THINGS....it rings some people's bell. No where in all of Christianity is there a command to be POLITICALLY CORRECT...or tolerant of fallacies.

What we are taught is a simple lesson, "Preach the word; be prepared in season, out of season.....correct, rebuke and encourage (through truth implied) with great patience and careful instruction." -- 2 Tim. 4:2
    They why don't you actually ever preach the word, you silly Christ-hating, biblically illiterate whore?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CharacterAssassin For This Post: