Thread: Dukkha is more than suffering.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    If you are into Idolatry...….
    Buddha is not a god. Buddha was a wise sage -a teacher a man. The enlightenment is what we all can do
    it is the end of Saṃsāra (rebirth of imperfected karma) ..

Hinduism thinks you are reincarnated as a same self. Buddhism has no self -just left over karma that amalgamates back into a different new life - most times not human

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

the teachings of "buddha" give a quantum leap to antichristism in the last 50 years. it is good. right on schedule. these things must be. repent. even so, come, Lord Jesus
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

This sounds a little like "The Last shall be First, and the First shall be Last". Trying to sooth the Unfortunates into accepting their Fate. Or the one about the Rich Man going to Heaven would be like a Camel going through the Eye of a Needle.
    Was the Period that the Buddha became revered (promoted) a time of Rebellion?

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    It;s not nihilism. It's a clear eyed understanding that no matter who you are, and what your station in life you will experience dukka.
    The 4 Noble Truths lay that out - the Eightfold Noble path is an answer.

So when the suffering of age. death, poverty, disease or just loss of attachments like love and money -you can put into a perspective. The Buddhist maxim is "everything is impermanent" even the moon and the stars will end.
    So when you lose your attachments, you won't suffer by trying to cling to impermanent things.
    The clinging to attachments is what causes the suffering - you want it back, or you want what you don't have

The moral sphere of the Path leads to Enlightenment, enlightenment is like the flame above the candle
    not tied to anything physical - pure reason . It's hard to do an overview, but the more you study the more you learn every aspect of the human condition .knowledge of what you are going thru helps you cope with it

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This sounds a little like "The Last shall be First, and the First shall be Last". Trying to sooth the Unfortunates into accepting their Fate. Or the one about the Rich Man going to Heaven would be like a Camel going through the Eye of a Needle.
    Was the Period that the Buddha became revered (promoted) a time of Rebellion?
    "the last shall be first and the first shall be last" is pertinent to election. the teachings of "buddha" and all other antichrists obfuscate the life giving truth of scripture and cause the death of billions of souls. there shall be extra special rewards for the professors of the synagogue of satan. you do have the right to remain silent.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The reason for my question is that (in my opinion) Christianity is a Slave Religion. I think it was promoted by Rome and later all the Kings of Europe as a way to Subjugate the Peasant Class.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gomer View Post
    "the last shall be first and the first shall be last" is pertinent to election. the teachings of "buddha" and all other antichrists obfuscate the life giving truth of scripture and cause the death of billions of souls. there shall be extra special rewards for the professors of the synagogue of satan. you do have the right to remain silent.
    You should probably stay out of this. You have nothing to add. All you are doing is being pious.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The reason for my question is that (in my opinion) Christianity is a Slave Religion. I think it was promoted by Rome and later all the Kings of Europe as a way to Subjugate the Peasant Class.
    being born again of The Holy Spirit frees the spirit of man. your pseudo intellectual faithlessness enslaves all who adhere to your worship of your own self. scriptures have been affected by man, however; The Holy Spirit does teach from the well preserved scriptures and comfort the redeemed which earnestly seek the knowledge, wisdom and will of The Lord. it is good.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You should probably stay out of this. You have nothing to add. All you are doing is being pious.
    it is my job to testify ; especially when the synagogue of satan is running amok unopposed. there are innocents which are influenced by false teachings/ apostasy/ antichristism, and I must interject a little truth. carry on. I am done now.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

being born again of The Holy Spirit frees the spirit of man. your pseudo intellectual faithlessness enslaves all who adhere to your worship of your own self. scriptures have been affected by man, however; The Holy Spirit does teach from the well preserved scriptures and comfort the redeemed which earnestly seek the knowledge, wisdom and will of The Lord. it is good.
    Modern People accept that you are Born, ... you Live, ... you Die. Period.
    YOU ... are being controlled by others because they promise you Eternal Life ... somewhere.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

it is my job to testify ; especially when the synagogue of satan is running amok unopposed. there are innocents which are influenced by false teachings/ apostasy/ antichristism, and I must interject a little truth.
    OK. That's actually funny.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Modern People accept that you are Born, ... you Live, ... you Die. Period.
    YOU ... are being controlled by others because they promise you Eternal Life ... somewhere.
    salvation is real and tangible to me.The Creator has saved me from the way of destruction. I am Free and Living. no man can pluck me out of The Lord's hand...https://www.biblehub.com/kjv/romans/8.htm HALLELUJAH ! it is good. I will let you be.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

salvation is real and tangible to me.The Creator has saved me from the way of destruction. I am Free and Living. no man can pluck me out of The Lord's hand...https://www.biblehub.com/kjv/romans/8.htm HALLELUJAH ! it is good. I will let you be.
    Peace Be Upon You.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    It;s not nihilism. It's a clear eyed understanding that no matter who you are, and what your station in life you will experience dukka.
    The 4 Noble Truths lay that out - the Eightfold Noble path is an answer.

So when the suffering of age. death, poverty, disease or just loss of attachments like love and money -you can put into a perspective. The Buddhist maxim is "everything is impermanent" even the moon and the stars will end.
    So when you lose your attachments, you won't suffer by trying to cling to impermanent things.
    The clinging to attachments is what causes the suffering - you want it back, or you want what you don't have

The moral sphere of the Path leads to Enlightenment, enlightenment is like the flame above the candle
    not tied to anything physical - pure reason . It's hard to do an overview, but the more you study the more you learn every aspect of the human condition .knowledge of what you are going thru helps you cope with it
    Please explain how you see "morality/moral sphere." I see it as intrinsically linked to behavior, rather than a philosophy of mind. IOW, to me "morality" is how I think of and treat other living beings. As for the impermanence of things, to consider this is uplifting and freeing, to me. I'll only be here for but a brief blip of time; better make something of that time. I'm a grain of star dust in the universe; there are untold exponents of 10 billions more sharing this realm. This is freeing. Everything dies. New life arises. So I think it's good to love hard, love long, don't be afraid to express how you feel to a friend or loved one. Honor and cherish your own life and all life that connects you with this planet. Fight hard against that which dishonors and hates life. I don't know what "philosophy" this fits under, it just is how I see and it and live it. Seems maybe that it's similar to what you are saying?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Aimée (04-29-2019), Althea (04-30-2019)

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

it is my job to testify ; especially when the synagogue of satan is running amok unopposed. there are innocents which are influenced by false teachings/ apostasy/ antichristism, and I must interject a little truth. carry on. I am done now.
    You might want to find a venue where you can preach to unsophisticated simpletons who will accept your beliefs. Have you checked the fish tanks at the back of your local Walmart?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Althea (04-30-2019)

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I'll only be here for but a brief blip of time
    WAIT A SECOND!

As per Buddhist teaching[1], we will take endless
    repeated births and deaths[2] until nirvana[3] is achieved.
    The teaching is NOT a revelation at the time.
    Buddhism was a breakaway from Hindu Caste system
    declaring a more democratic availability for the common man.
    A esoteric meaning behind Buddha avatar-ship appearance
    was to stop the common pseudo religious act of animal sacrifice
    ---thus Buddha denounced the then prevalent practice by denying
    the Devas'[4] existence. By the time of Buddha's "scheduled"
    avatara appearance/pastimes ---the Brahminical Caste was virtually
    decimated by the influence of the epoch known as Kali-yuga,
    which began approx 3100 BC coinciding with the time when Vishnu Incarnate
    [aka Krishna] appeared within the ruling world's emperor Yudhasthira [Yadu Dynasty]
    centered in its capital Hastipinapuri [Old Delhi India] ---for when Krishna's
    pastimes ended, 99% of the Brahmin class retired to living out their lives
    in renunciation and unerring yogic perfections so as to expedite their following
    Krishna back to his own transcendent spiritual abode, which is outside the
    material universe. Thus, the planet was virtually without a Brahmin.

BTW, at each change of the Yuga-epochs there is an inundation.

[1. Buddhism was a reformation movement away from the exclusivity of Brahminical Hinduism of Buddha's time]
    [2. aka Samsara]
    [3. cessation of samsara]
    [4. the demigods per the Vedas and/or otherwise other deities]

So it is funny when folks say "At death everything disappears and I exist no more" ---where is there a place where things disappear?
    Is there a Guru who says there is such a place?

<just saying>