Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Truth Detector, MAGA MAN and CFM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gynecologist advises women to stop putting garlic in their vaginas. Wait.... WHAT???

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Default Gynecologist advises women to stop putting garlic in their vaginas. Wait.... WHAT???

From the comments section of the article:

Garlic in the vagina is a bad idea for a number of reasons. It might even inspire your partner to come to bed with a cruet of olive oil and a bit if Parmigiano Reggiano in an attempt to make some sort of weird pudenda aglio e olio and we can’t have that.

Gynecologist can’t believe she has to tell women not to put garlic in their vaginas

https://thetakeout.com/doctor-tells-...1834301079/amp

Thank god Canadian gynecologist Dr. Jen Gunter exists. Without the author of The Vagina Bible: The Vulva And The Vagina: Separating The Myth From The Medicine, who else would be out there telling women to keep certain items out of their vaginas? (Certainly not Gwyneth Paltrow, whose Goop site pushes vaginal jade eggs to “do everything from fix your hormone levels to help with bladder control” and was subsequently fined by the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, says Vox.)

Every once in a while, some new vaginal trend will spike, and Gunter has to weigh in. A few years ago, hand to god, it was ground-up wasp nests. This week, Gunter has had to take a stand against using garlic in your vagina to cure yeast infections. She adds, “I SHOULDN’T HAVE TO TWEET THAT IN 2019, BUT HERE WE ARE” (all-caps rightfully hers).

Garlic-clove proponents tout allicin’s antifungal properties, which Gunter acknowledges. But the allicin is only released if the clove is chopped or crushed. Which you definitely don’t want to use, then, for fear that you would now have an errant piece of garlic lost in your vagina. Also, Gunter points out, “Garlic could have bacteria from the soil,” also a bad thing to have up there, especially if you’re fighting a yeast infection.

As Gunter pointed out in her 2018 article for The New York Times, “Here Are Things Not to Put in Your Vagina,” “it’s possible that remedies like yogurt, garlic and so on were tried centuries ago as medicine, spermicide or sexual custom… [But] all these so-called ‘ancient’ sexual remedies were retired for a reason.”

We here at The Takeout are far from medical professionals, which is why we defer to the opinions of actual doctors like Gunter. So listen to her (and also, follow her on Twitter, she’s great): Keep garlic out of your vagina. Words to live by. Where’s my bumper sticker?
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-25-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Garlic in the vagina is a bad idea for a number of reasons. It might even inspire your partner to come to bed with a cruet of olive oil and a bit if Parmigiano Reggiano in an attempt to make some sort of weird pudenda aglio e olio and we can’t have that.
    I always assumed it was Omega fish oil that was in the Douche bottles. Hummmmmmmmmmmm!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,560 Times in 52,766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Geeze. I know a certain individual, who used to post on the old Amazon forum, who puts herself out as some sort of women's health guru. She has a h.s. education, six kids that she home-schools, is an anti-vax fundie -- and believes that you can self-treat infections at home using stuff like garlic, charcoal, and other substances shoved into various orifices. She has a blog (Pantry Pharmacy) and a Facebook page where women describe in gruesome graphic detail their various gyn and urological problems, and she advises them to insert various things in there to cure it. More than once she advised ppl on the forum to stop taking antibiotics for things like ear infections and to use garlic and other "natural" things. That's fine if you're an adult, but some of the idiots who follow this bimbo are risking their children's health -- and perhaps lives -- by treating them the same way. Not too long ago one woman posted frantically about her four-year-old's massive ear infection, complete with extreme pain so bad that she couldn't even touch the child's ear without her screaming in agony. She was advised to put garlic drops in the ear, press various cut vegetables against the ear, and so on. A week later she posted that the kid was a little better. I imagine that the child has probably lost the hearing permanently in that ear, if she hasn't already developed mastoiditis or encephalitis from an untreated infection. Some of the women are obsessed with their daughters' pee and urethras, and are constantly using pH dipsticks (on the advice of Rebekah the Fruitcake), and shoving various herbal shit in them to "cure" something that likely does not exist. Those kids are going to grow up with some serious complexes, eh?

There are some crazy ass ppl out there.

5. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-26-2019)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Nomad (04-25-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's supposed to be eaten, you fucking imbeciles. How did people get this stupid? Topical application only works for some things. Garlic has more in it then the good stuff, and it's quite acidic. Shouldn't take more then a few years of grade school education, to figure out why that is bad in sensitive areas.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    It's supposed to be eaten, you fucking imbeciles. How did people get this stupid? Topical application only works for some things. Garlic has more in it then the good stuff, and it's quite acidic. Shouldn't take more then a few years of grade school education, to figure out why that is bad in sensitive areas.
    Hear hear! Too bad "Brunette" aka Rebekah isn't here so you can tell the idiot that to her face. It is truly sad that 21st century ppl -- some of us -- have so little faith in the medical profession that they'll embrace this crazy rather than educating themselves.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well that, and as mentioned in the article, in order for the allicin to be released, the garlic has to be crushed or finely chopped (something I had read elsewhere relative to something else), which would vastly increase the level of difficulty vis-a-vis insertion into the orifice in question.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,787 Times in 33,645 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well that, and as mentioned in the article, in order for the allicin to be released, the garlic has to be crushed or finely chopped (something I had read elsewhere relative to something else), which would vastly increase the level of difficulty vis-a-vis insertion into the orifice in question.
    I could understand a garlic douche before inserting garlic bulbs! Yikes

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I could understand a garlic douche before inserting garlic bulbs! Yikes
    I have never understood douches. Very few physicians recommend them, and haven't for 2-3 decades unless medically-prescribed. The vagina comes with a carefully calibrated pH, a happy assortment of beneficial organisms, a lining that secretes protective substances that nourish the beneficial organisms and discourage the bad guys. Douching disrupts all that and allows the proliferation of bad organisms. My mom's generation believed that douching was absolutely necessary, esp. after having sex. I guess maybe this arose as a result of absence of effective birth control in those days. Remember how we were told that shaking up a Coke and then stick the bottle up our hoo-haw and letting it foam in there would stop us from getting pregnant? Seriously, that was a 1960s/70s h.s. girl birth control recommendation. Too bad that it led to bad results.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-25-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hear hear! Too bad "Brunette" aka Rebekah isn't here so you can tell the idiot that to her face. It is truly sad that 21st century ppl -- some of us -- have so little faith in the medical profession that they'll embrace this crazy rather than educating themselves.
    Supplements work great, but only if you know what the hell you're doing. I had to stop taking one, because of possible issues with my liver.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have never understood douches. Very few physicians recommend them, and haven't for 2-3 decades unless medically-prescribed. The vagina comes with a carefully calibrated pH, a happy assortment of beneficial organisms, a lining that secretes protective substances that nourish the beneficial organisms and discourage the bad guys. Douching disrupts all that and allows the proliferation of bad organisms. My mom's generation believed that douching was absolutely necessary, esp. after having sex. I guess maybe this arose as a result of absence of effective birth control in those days. Remember how we were told that shaking up a Coke and then stick the bottle up our hoo-haw and letting it foam in there would stop us from getting pregnant?Seriously, that was a 1960s/70s h.s. girl birth control recommendation. Too bad that it led to bad results.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Supplements work great, but only if you know what the hell you're doing. I had to stop taking one, because of possible issues with my liver.
    I agree... if by "supplements" you are referring to natural substances that are plant-based or otherwise not regulated by govt. For instance, if you get a minor wound that starts to swell up, get pus-filled and painful, you can often treat it with 4x/daily hot soaks in water with either Epsom salts or ordinary dish soap added. You can treat an acid stomach with wintergreen tea. You can treat minor head and body aches with willow-bark tea with honey. Honey is also a handy minor wound remedy for its protective antibacterial properties. Notice how I keep saying "minor."

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have never understood douches.
    Me neither. I could name a few of them here at JPP, though.

Remember how we were told that shaking up a Coke and then stick the bottle up our hoo-haw and letting it foam in there would stop us from getting pregnant? Seriously, that was a 1960s/70s h.s. girl birth control recommendation. Too bad that it led to bad results.
    Hmmmmmm...... y'know, that could very well be what's behind the soft drink addiction that is so prevalent nowadays....
    C'MON MAN!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-26-2019)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Geeze. I know a certain individual, who used to post on the old Amazon forum, who puts herself out as some sort of women's health guru. She has a h.s. education, six kids that she home-schools, is an anti-vax fundie -- and believes that you can self-treat infections at home using stuff like garlic, charcoal, and other substances shoved into various orifices. She has a blog (Pantry Pharmacy) and a Facebook page where women describe in gruesome graphic detail their various gyn and urological problems, and she advises them to insert various things in there to cure it. More than once she advised ppl on the forum to stop taking antibiotics for things like ear infections and to use garlic and other "natural" things. That's fine if you're an adult, but some of the idiots who follow this bimbo are risking their children's health -- and perhaps lives -- by treating them the same way. Not too long ago one woman posted frantically about her four-year-old's massive ear infection, complete with extreme pain so bad that she couldn't even touch the child's ear without her screaming in agony. She was advised to put garlic drops in the ear, press various cut vegetables against the ear, and so on. A week later she posted that the kid was a little better. I imagine that the child has probably lost the hearing permanently in that ear, if she hasn't already developed mastoiditis or encephalitis from an untreated infection. Some of the women are obsessed with their daughters' pee and urethras, and are constantly using pH dipsticks (on the advice of Rebekah the Fruitcake), and shoving various herbal shit in them to "cure" something that likely does not exist. Those kids are going to grow up with some serious complexes, eh?

There are some crazy ass ppl out there.
    paragraphs. use them.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-26-2019)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

What the F is even this thread?

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,424 Times in 16,412 Posts
    Groans