Thread: Judge rips top Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx for Jussie Smollett special treatment

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,653 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 89 Posts

Default Judge rips top Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx for Jussie Smollett special treatment

A judge thinks Chicago State’s Attorney Kim Foxx is a hypocrite for prosecuting an ordinary citizen for filing a false police report — while letting “movie star” Jussie Smollett walk away scot-free for committing the same crime, a report said.

Cook County Judge Marc Martin slammed Foxx at a court hearing on April 11 over her handling of 21-year-old Candace Clark’s felony disorderly conduct case where she requested Clark get a deferred prosecution, FOX 32 reported.

“I’d like to know why Ms. Clark is being treated differently than Jussie Smollett. It’s a disorderly conduct case. A lot less egregious than Mr. Smollett’s case. I have a problem with it,” the judge said to prosecutors during the hearing, according to a transcript obtained by the outlet.

Foxx has come under fire in the weeks since her office unexpectedly dropped 16 felony disorderly conduct charges against Smollett because of a few hours of community service he did after he was arrested and the non-violent nature of his crime. Her office is now undergoing an independent inspector general investigation of how she handled the case as three members of her team, including her chief ethics officer and chief spokeswoman, have left.

Clark is accused of providing an acquaintance with access to her bank account and then telling cops she’d been robbed, which she denies, the outlet stated.

Smollett, on the other hand, created an international firestorm over his alleged hate crime hoax that cost Chicago at least $130,000 in lost resources, which they are now suing him for.

“Ms. Clark is not a movie star, she doesn’t have a high-priced lawyer,” Martin railed.

“And this smells big time. Your office created this mess. There’s no publicity on this case. Press gets ahold of this; it’ll be the newspaper.”

A spokesperson for Kim Foxx declined to comment on the case to the outlet.

Meanwhile, Clark told the station it’s tough to look Lady Justice in the eye as a regular citizen.

“I’m not Jussie Smollett,” Clark said.

“I wish I was, but it’s OK. I’ll get my justice.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/25/judge...ium=SocialFlow

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is Kim Foxx a Negro? Could be some kind of reverse racism?