Thanks
    Thanked 4,965 Times in 3,190 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 996 Times in 893 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Chamber of Commerce running from stench of GOP, big time

Chamber wants to disentangle its brand from the GOP

Source: Washington Post

THE BIG IDEA: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, navigating dramatic cultural change thatís transforming the worlds of politics and business, plans to become less aligned with the Republican Party than it has been for decades.

The largest and most powerful corporate lobbying group in Washington is changing the way it evaluates lawmakers for the first time in 40 years, launching a $250 million capital campaign to remodel its headquarters and even rethinking its approach to regulation.

Several dues-paying companies have balked as the Chamber endorsed fewer and fewer Democrats over the past several election cycles. The GOPís drift toward protectionism, nativism and isolationism since Donald Trump took over the party in 2016 is also at odds with the Chamberís longtime support for expanding free trade, growing legal immigration and investing in infrastructure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...aily202&wpmm=1

sign of the times!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (04-25-2019), ThatOwlWoman (04-25-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 2,195 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 456 Posts

Trump is toxic gotta run
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Flame on me, mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you go on my PERMANENT Ignore List. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I won't participate in your threads, you will be banned from mine. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: if you like my PIP, feel free to use it. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,348 Times in 8,295 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 905 Times in 863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post

THE BIG IDEA: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, navigating dramatic cultural change that’s transforming the worlds of politics and business, plans to become less aligned with the Republican Party than it has been for decades.

The largest and most powerful corporate lobbying group in Washington is changing the way it evaluates lawmakers for the first time in 40 years, launching a $250 million capital campaign to remodel its headquarters and even rethinking its approach to regulation.

Several dues-paying companies have balked as the Chamber endorsed fewer and fewer Democrats over the past several election cycles. The GOP’s drift toward protectionism, nativism and isolationism since Donald Trump took over the party in 2016 is also at odds with the Chamber’s longtime support for expanding free trade, growing legal immigration and investing in infrastructure.

sign of the times!!
    Good news for the rest of us.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

reagansghost (04-25-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,119 Times in 3,871 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 664 Times in 625 Posts

THE BIG IDEA: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, navigating dramatic cultural change that’s transforming the worlds of politics and business, plans to become less aligned with the Republican Party than it has been for decades.

Several dues-paying companies have balked as the Chamber endorsed fewer and fewer Democrats over the past several election cycles. The GOP’s drift toward protectionism, nativism and isolationism since Donald Trump took over the party in 2016 is also at odds with the Chamber’s longtime support for expanding free trade, growing legal immigration and investing in infrastructure.

sign of the times!!
    This like the GOP Senators who express dismay ever time Trump does something asinine, which is often, and when the chips fall, they support Trump

Just attempting to portray that they are playing it both ways to cover their bases, if Trump looks good going into the election, they'll jump on his bandwagon quicker than a hot knife thru butter

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,361 Times in 3,162 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 281 Times in 266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

winning.jpg
    I VOTED FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

WHERES RUTH

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,604 Times in 15,621 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,994 Times in 1,874 Posts
    Blog Entries

sign of the times!!
    Gracious, this is big news, in that same vein, whatever happened to ALEC? Are they still around, don’t hear of them as you did at one time. Did they go the way of the Moral Majority?
    Thatís why Iím so screwed up, because I had a father who pushed me so hard,Ē Trump acknowledged in 2007, in a brief and rare moment of self-awareness.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

reagansghost (04-25-2019), ThatOwlWoman (04-25-2019)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    This like the GOP Senators who express dismay ever time Trump does something asinine, which is often, and when the chips fall, they support Trump

Just attempting to portray that they are playing it both ways to cover their bases, if Trump looks good going into the election, they'll jump on his bandwagon quicker than a hot knife thru butter
    It's inevitable Trump takes down the entire GOP as the entire GOP blindly follows him over a cliff

many of us predicted it 2 yrs ago, fuckin idiots

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,124 Times in 8,767 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,823 Times in 2,565 Posts
    Blog Entries

sign of the times!!
    So the Chamber of Commerce is now going to embrace Marxist dumb fucks on the left???

Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump is toxic gotta run
    Marxist Morons think the Party of the Jackass is winning.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.

Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Loves FAKE news.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

So we don't need to go out an vote in 2020? The Party of the Jackass is a shoo-in?

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 803 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 219 Times in 208 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    twump.jpg

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Gracious, this is big news, in that same vein, whatever happened to ALEC? Are they still around, don’t hear of them as you did at one time. Did they go the way of the Moral Majority?
    BLUE WAVE!! IT's HUUUUUGGGEEEE NEWS! Really BIG!!!

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's inevitable Trump takes down the entire GOP as the entire GOP blindly follows him over a cliff

many of us predicted it 2 yrs ago, fuckin idiots
    So the GOP is done; no need for elections in 2020. It is a slam dunk for whoever the Party of the Jackass puts up?

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

next La Pierre will register as a Democrat in attempt to avoid prison

the GOP's so fucked