Members banned from this thread: Minister of Truth, cawacko, midcan5, iolo, Flash, PoliTalker, Poor Richard Saunders and StoneByStone

Thread: Trump has the character that matters

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Trump has the character that matters

In all of the discussions about Trumps “character”, TransRighty NeverTrumpers and leftists have pushed this narrative that Trump supporters don’t believe in “character” anymore. The NeverTrumpers never tire of utilizing left wing arguments bringing up Bill Clinton’s moral failings and trying to equate them with Trump.

I will explain for all where the differences are and why President Trump has more character than Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush and all of the other RINO NeverTrump TransRightys combined

Trump antagonists tell us that Trump has zero character because he cheated on his wives and has been accused of questionable business practices. Since the TransRightys want to talk about character all the time, Reagan was the only President to have been divorced, 43 had a long history of drug and alcohol abuse, McCain cheated on his wife. I could go on. The point of this is not to try to tear down these other men, but to point out the hypocrisy of NeverTrumper TransRightys who don’t mind overlooking McCains flaws.

But, Trump has character where it matters and in ways Mitt, McCain and 43 would never understand. Trump doesn’t run from the fight with leftists. He hasn’t “evolved” on the issues that got him elected like these other men of supposed character the Trans Rightys hold up in esteem. He hasn’t pushed issues the Republican bass loathes like “comprehensive immigration reform” like all of the above did. He hasn’t foisted a brand new big government welfare program like Bush and Romney did. He hasn’t turned his back in grand fashion the way McCain in the most consequential vote this decade in voting to keep Obamacare.

There isn’t one Republican in the GOP primary that ou,d have withstood the blistering attacks that Trump has endured since inauguration. Not one of them could have made it through the other side during the Mueller witch hunt. And most importantly EVERY single one of them would have bailed on Brett Kavanaugh was being dragged through the mud. But not Trump. He stood up and fought for Kavanaugh and by proxy he stood up and fought for us.

In short, Trump is a flawed man in many ways, but I am not looking for a moral Puritan I am looking to have the policies I support moved forward. The bottom line is that as of this point, Trumphas not betrayed his supporters in grand fashion the way that all of the aforementioned gentleman and on that score, Trump has character in spades and that is the character that matters to his supporters right now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (04-24-2019)