Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What do homosexuals, LGBT, pedophiles, incest abusers, animal rapists all have in com

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Pfft. Gay ppl start out that way; they're not turned. The cop in the story told them that it was a woman on the other side of the hole, did you catch that bit?
    No one starts out gaye. There's no gaye gene.

And women turn lesbo because they can't find a guy who's not a pervert.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post

And women turn lesbo because they can't find a guy who's not a pervert.
    A lot of times,women later in life,prefer a woman companion,for the friendship and less drama then from men
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,452 Times in 53,308 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Why do you spell it that way? We don't know jack about what all our DNA codes for, although we're working on it. Sorry to disappoint you, but nearly all adults who self-identify as gay report that they had that orientation even as a young child. These are ppl who come from diverse family backgrounds so we can't blame "poor parenting," "domineering mother and weak father," "gang rape by males," etc. Homosexuality is also found in the animal kingdom as well. It's an aberration (used in the scientific sense) that affects a very small percentage of a given species' population. Sorry you have issues with your fellow citizens who are gay. As a straight person, I do not... just like most straight ppl do not. Why does this bother you?

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    A lot of times,women later in life,prefer a woman companion,for the friendship and less drama then from men
    Agreed.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why do you spell it that way? We don't know jack about what all our DNA codes for, although we're working on it. Sorry to disappoint you, but nearly all adults who self-identify as gay report that they had that orientation even as a young child. These are ppl who come from diverse family backgrounds so we can't blame "poor parenting," "domineering mother and weak father," "gang rape by males," etc. Homosexuality is also found in the animal kingdom as well. It's an aberration (used in the scientific sense) that affects a very small percentage of a given species' population. Sorry you have issues with your fellow citizens who are gay. As a straight person, I do not... just like most straight ppl do not. Why does this bother you?
    You constantly resort to that logical fallacy "why does it bother you", to distract from your weak argument. Lol

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

to be fair, anecdotal accounts are not evidence of a gay gene.

A lot of indians like indian food. I hate indian food. If I ate indian food my whole life, maybe i'd like it. Yet even without a genetic reason, different sets of people are different depending on their environment.

Now I am not saying there isn't something linking people being gay genetically either, I am simply saying we don't really know yet. It could be an environmental thing.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,452 Times in 53,308 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myxomatosis View Post
    to be fair, anecdotal accounts are not evidence of a gay gene.

A lot of indians like indian food. I hate indian food. If I ate indian food my whole life, maybe i'd like it. Yet even without a genetic reason, different sets of people are different depending on their environment.

Now I am not saying there isn't something linking people being gay genetically either, I am simply saying we don't really know yet. It could be an environmental thing.
    If I had to make a semi-educated guess, I would say that it is a combination of factors, with genetics most likely being the chief driver. Our phenotypes are almost all the result of several genes working together. For instance, if you are tall and thin, more than one gene has coded for that. If you have Type II diabetes, ditto. If you've ever done one of those Ancestry or 23-and-Me gene tests, you can plug your data into Promethease.com and it will give you a very detailed breakdown including health factors and phenotype. There are even a few results indicating personality things like optimism/pessimism, thrill-seeking behaviors, risk avoidance, and so on. It's really cool.