Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Blackwater Lunchbreak, The Anonymous, /MSG/, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, Niche Political Commentor, canceled.2021.2, J Craft, MAGA MAN, Darth Omar, CFM, DBCooper, chink, Superfreak, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, excommunicated, AnnieOakley, Tommatthews, Q-Tip, volsrock, Grugore, Rob Larrikin, BodyDouble, ptif219, Loving91390, fandango, United76America, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, gfm7175, Enlightened One, Anarchon, Proud Boy, Earl and Nate Higgers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 99.9999% chance humans are causing global warming

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    Who said it was humor? You fuckers have got to go. You're a menace to everyone.

And climate denier? There is no climate denial, because it's all nonsensical bullshit.

So tell me about Beijing and Mexico City. If the ozone is depleting at such dangerous levels, how in the fuck haven't these two abusers punched a hole right through the ozone? By your stupid estimations, both cities should be baked to a crisp.
    You appear to be uninformed.

Ozone was being depleted in large part by CFCs, which were banned years ago by international convention. That was when Republicans respected science, because my recollection is that noted flower child tree-hugger Ronald Reagan signed and advocated for the international treaty banning CFCs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-23-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Ozone was being depleted in large part by CFCs, which were banned years ago by international convention. That was when Republicans respected science, because my recollection is that noted flower child tree-hugger Ronald Reagan signed and advocated for the international treaty banning CFCs.
    And you're full of shit. Or these guys are:

https://qz.com/1323519/china-is-the-...ing-emissions/

And here, you're trying to tell me that since Mexico City is finally getting onboard, that the Earth will be OK, but prior to 2017, the Earth was patient because it knew Mexico City would pull its head out of its ass in 2017.

https://www.unido.org/stories/mexico...ing-substances

So what you're really trying to tell me is that as long as there are steps being made to kill CFC output, the Earth will be cool with that, because it knows you pricks are working hand in hand with it. lol
    Last edited by Granule; 04-23-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,393 Times in 53,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    But, do you hold an annual Earf Day Tire Fire and Weenie Roast Extravaganza? You need to step up your game, we're freezing our patooties off ovah here.

BTW, wood may be carbon neutral, but it's not particulate neutral. I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta revoke your liberal card. Hand it over sweetie.
    Um what now?

Particulates are definitely a problem in urban/suburban areas. However, where we live on the very windy shores of Lake Superior, in a township that has 3.2 people per square mile, it's not an issue. The alternative heat source we have is propane. *Not* carbon-neutral.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,022 Times in 6,219 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's hard work heating with wood, we went through more wood this year than we have in a few years. So if global warming is heating up, pun intended, I sure as heck ain't noticing it. But if the scientific consensus is 99.999999% then hey, it must be true. LOL.
    You live in California, and you don't notice it? Did all the smoke, dust, and drought make it so you couldn't see? I was there in 09, and was kind of sickened by how drought ridden things were. All the fires, caused air quality to plummet, even as far East as me in Michigan, just recently. The effects it had was matched only by my cat allergies.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Um what now?

Particulates are definitely a problem in urban/suburban areas. However, where we live on the very windy shores of Lake Superior, in a township that has 3.2 people per square mile, it's not an issue. The alternative heat source we have is propane. *Not* carbon-neutral.
    Good grief, can't you people ever just come down off your soapbox and kid around? Careful, you might break an ankle.
    Every life matters

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    You live in California, and you don't notice it? Did all the smoke, dust, and drought make it so you couldn't see? I was there in 09, and was kind of sickened by how drought ridden things were. All the fires, caused air quality to plummet, even as far East as me in Michigan, just recently. The effects it had was matched only by my cat allergies.
    I live in NE Ohio. I grew up in San Diego, and lived in NorCal in the mid 90's for a couple of years, but I've been back here in Ohio since 1996. But I occasionally visit San Diego, and it seems the same as it always was to me.

You're like my wife, she imagines all kinds of stuff, lol. It's just weather man. I have bad allergies too, I just started my half a Zyrtec pill daily the other day, and am using my asthma maintenance inhaler now too. But I've had allergies since I was a kid, long before "global warming". Climate on this planet changes in eons of time, not decades. I think it's rather silly to think this has all come upon us within our fleeting lifetimes. But that's just me.
    Every life matters

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would say the goal is reducing one's carbon footprint. There may be reasonable need to burn wood (I had a wood burning stove at one time), but those carbon emissions can be offset in other ways. I am sure all of us, including myself, could reduce our carbon footprint. I think Al Gore should stop taking airplanes to European meetings, and consider the carbon neutral row boat!
    Hahaha! On this we agree.

Owl says burning wood is carbon neutral. I'm going with that, lol.

My neighbor gave me a bunch of White Pine starts. If I plant those, will that count?
    Every life matters

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,491 Times in 7,582 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Post the methodology of how this supposed 99.99999999999999% degree of certainty was derived. I looked and couldn't find it.
    Otherwise I don't believe it just like I don't believe Putin receives 97% of the vote in every election he runs in. It's not believable, and absolutely reeks of b.s. to the point of being a joke. Sounds a lot like some of
    the scientist Al Gore's vaunted research... you know, the guy that managed a 'D' in general science in college

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-24-2019)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,393 Times in 53,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good grief, can't you people ever just come down off your soapbox and kid around? Careful, you might break an ankle.
    At my age it's more likely to be a hip. lol

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wait, this tepid mediocrity, this flaccid attempt at conservative humour, this perfunctory attempt at stale caricature was really the best you could come up with?

It is almost as if life-long climate deniers are just mailing it in now.
    The science is basically settled, and we are down to mediocre attempts at trolling and nearly comatose efforts at feeble caricature.
    This. It’s whats left after the refutations are complete.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Reagan is a statist, n word loving rino. Didn’t you read the memo? There is a new sheriff in town and his name is Steve bannon.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Reagan is a statist, n word loving rino. Didn’t you read the memo? There is a new sheriff in town and his name is Steve bannon.
    You ain't right.
    Every life matters

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

"contributing" maybe to global warming. If there even is such a thing
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    "contributing" maybe to global warming.

If there even is such a thing
    "contributing" is massive progressive. For many years, the Deniers claimed there was no global warming, scientists were faking the data, or that the warming was completely due to natural causes.

I have to admit, there is still some comedy value in the last remaining teabaggers, the dead enders who continue to cling to the premise that global warming is a hoax, cooked up by a vast international conspiracy of scientists who faked the data with the intent of duping world governments and citizens of the planet.

17. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-24-2019)

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,022 Times in 6,219 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

I live in NE Ohio. I grew up in San Diego, and lived in NorCal in the mid 90's for a couple of years, but I've been back here in Ohio since 1996. But I occasionally visit San Diego, and it seems the same as it always was to me.

You're like my wife, she imagines all kinds of stuff, lol. It's just weather man. I have bad allergies too, I just started my half a Zyrtec pill daily the other day, and am using my asthma maintenance inhaler now too. But I've had allergies since I was a kid, long before "global warming". Climate on this planet changes in eons of time, not decades. I think it's rather silly to think this has all come upon us within our fleeting lifetimes. But that's just me.
    I normally don't have allergies to anything, besides a few antibiotics, and rubbing up against a cat too much. There's a reason the effects on nature happen now, rather then back in the non industrial years. The industrial years are just a blip of humans existence. Some things were getting really bad, until they started wising up. I'm sure you must have heard how bad Lake Erie was getting, back when. Nature has great defenses for a lot of the nonsense we often cause, but we keep destroying them at a faster pace, then the world can recover from. That's the biggest issue of all. If we want to continue with all or activity, we need to restore those checks, and balances of nature, and stop destroying them so unforgivingly.