Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, USFREEDOM911, Legion, Truth Detector, CFM, Tomcat, Yurt and Doc Dutch

Page 226 of 251 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3761

Thread: Amazon Tavern

1. #3376 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    We went to a Mother's day dinner in her tiny home town 700 population,when we first met,they all stared at me like I was the gangster she brought home from Toledo.
    & they soon new all about you & the whispering & rumors fly..

I talked to an 80 year old lady that is related to me some how.

I was working on my ancestry & she was from the same dot on the map as my father was & she knew all the gossip, as if it was yesterday... & was very eager to volunteer gossip about everyone in town as well as those that left..

I doubt that shithole has ever had more than a couple hundred ppl living there, not even a store-only enterprise is a bar........lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #3377 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    When we're out snowshoeing we hate them. The noise & smell kinda ruins it..
    Same here. Thankfully we have miles of Nordic ski trails to snowshoe on where the redneck-killers (as Mr. Owl says the WSJ called them lol) can't go. The x-country ski ppl don't care if you snowshoe on their trails as long as you're careful not to step on the tracks. Have you ever done Nordic skiing?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #3378 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Same here. Thankfully we have miles of Nordic ski trails to snowshoe on where the redneck-killers (as Mr. Owl says the WSJ called them lol) can't go. The x-country ski ppl don't care if you snowshoe on their trails as long as you're careful not to step on the tracks. Have you ever done Nordic skiing?
    No, not done it yet, but many times I do go w/ them... I can cross country about as fast as they can, faster going up & they are going down..

The terrain in the Mt's is different than there perhaps but almost every time I end up helping one of them, pulling them out of a hole, ice in the mounts etc...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #3379 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was working on my ancestry & she was from the same dot on the map as my father was & she knew all the gossip, as if it was yesterday... & was very eager to volunteer gossip about everyone in town as well as those that left..

I doubt that shithole has ever had more than a couple hundred ppl living there, not even a store-only enterprise is a bar........lol
    Isn't that hilarious? Where was that at?

It's kind of like that here too. The first thing you're asked when you move here is if you plan to stay the winters. Our house is known by the name of the former owners -- "Oh, I know where that is, that's the old ___ place." lol If you meet someone new there's a very good chance you know someone in common.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #3380 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, not done it yet, but many times I do go w/ them... I can cross country about as fast as they can, faster going up & they are going down..

The terrain in the Mt's is different than there perhaps but almost every time I end up helping one of them, pulling them out of a hole, ice in the mounts etc...
    That's awesome!

6. #3381 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

They had heard about before we went,that was just their first eyewitness look,at the Toledo gangster!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-10-2020)

8. #3382 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Isn't that hilarious? Where was that at?

It's kind of like that here too. The first thing you're asked when you move here is if you plan to stay the winters. Our house is known by the name of the former owners -- "Oh, I know where that is, that's the old ___ place." lol If you meet someone new there's a very good chance you know someone in common.
    Tiny dot on the map in Illinois, along the Mississippi, about 15 miles down & across the river from Burlington, Iowa...

I lived @ a place like that on a small lake... SO the CC&R's stated no back fences & when I moved in I would paddle around the lake & lots of old guys were out fishing etc.. When they asked were I lived I would tell them the big oak tree & many of them would say, "oh, you know they didn't have any blinds".

She was a very beautiful lady and the master bedroom had two windows facing the lake & they had a jacuzzi out on the deck & I guess w/ the lights facing up into the tree lighting it they noticed it was clothing optional @ times as well..

9. #3383 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tiny dot on the map in Illinois, along the Mississippi, about 15 miles down & across the river from Burlington, Iowa...

I lived @ a place like that on a small lake... SO the CC&R's stated no back fences & when I moved in I would paddle around the lake & lots of old guys were out fishing etc.. When they asked were I lived I would tell them the big oak tree & many of them would say, "oh, you know they didn't have any blinds".

She was a very beautiful lady and the master bedroom had two windows facing the lake & they had a jacuzzi out on the deck & I guess w/ the lights facing up into the tree lighting it they noticed it was clothing optional @ times as well..
    So did you see anything? lol

10. #3384 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lol...

Wow, that is still a huge ice expanse...

Ppl driving out on it??

Personally I stay off frozen lakes most of the time...
    You is smart. These guys, not so much.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...567763411.html

11. #3385 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So did you see anything? lol
    No, they moved out before we moved in....... Some of those old farts were obviously disappointed though..

There was a lot less fishing @ dusk-evening/night, especially in that little cove....

12. #3386 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You is smart. These guys, not so much.

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...567763411.html
    WOW..

13. #3387 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, they moved out before we moved in....... Some of those old farts were obviously disappointed though..

There was a lot less fishing @ dusk-evening/night, especially in that little cove....
    Hahahaha! More for you then.

14. #3388 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All catch & release, small mouth bass & a perch we call blue gill... There was also a koi or two that someone dumped in there... We had some otters for a while but they disappeared & they & the Cormorants decimated the fish in the winter as the water was clear & the fish lethargic...

15. #3389 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All catch & release, small mouth bass & a perch we call blue gill... There was also a koi or two that someone dumped in there... We had some otters for a while but they disappeared & they & the Cormorants decimated the fish in the winter as the water was clear & the fish lethargic...
    Blue gill taste great!I had a gf whose father caught lots of them!Beer battered them!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

16. #3390 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Snowed us in today!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post: