Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyin' Liza Warren calls for student debt bailout, free tuition, more AA for blacks

1. #46 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Would you do the same to ppl like drumpf that go bankrupt mulitiple times & don't pay off their debts?? Like the bigly, bligly banks to bigly to fail & their thieves getting off scott free??
    Could you type in English? Thank you in advance.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (04-23-2019), Truth Detector (04-23-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPF View Post
    It was good enough for Trump….6 times.
    taxpayers didn't pay for Trumps bankruptcies

"more free stuff" - dems have no limits

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Pocahontas is a perfect representation of where Democrats are today, triggered and confused
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    the problem is its an entire generation in debt. They wont be able to buy houses, even credit cards have to make specialty secured cards for them, all of this of course leads to lower consumer spending when the entire economy runs on consumer spending.

I think its going to have to be an amnesty thing. One time then no more student loans. Or Trumps plan where student bank and school get together facilitated by the govt for the student to get loans (which bank and school now have to make sure they recoup)
    good gawd. how about us old people who have health care debts we carried thru life? wanna bail us out too?
    I see millennials buying houses in my neighborhood - I think you are looking to solve a problem that only exists on paper

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (04-23-2019), tinfoil (04-23-2019), Truth Detector (04-23-2019)

9. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL the dumb bitch had to put me on ignore because she couldn't face her failure. LOL

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So the government wants to bail out people who purchased a tool to improve their earning power on the logic that they can't buy stuff if they have to pay their loans?

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bodhisattva View Post
    good gawd. how about us old people who have health care debts we carried thru life? wanna bail us out too?
    I see millennials buying houses in my neighborhood - I think you are looking to solve a problem that only exists on paper
    maybe although it would have less effect. Youve already spent your life participating in the economy and driving consumer spending. The ROI on them would be longer. Also yes some millenials will make it.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    So the government wants to bail out people who purchased a tool to improve their earning power on the logic that they can't buy stuff if they have to pay their loans?
    with the caveat that that tool shouldnt have been that expensive in the first place and was driven there by unlimited student loans.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    with the caveat that that tool shouldnt have been that expensive in the first place and was driven there by unlimited student loans.
    Then take the money from the universities that got it, not the taxpayers.

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Then take the money from the universities that got it, not the taxpayers.
    awesome post.
    Universities are stuffed full of cash, and raise tuition because they know they can count on student loans to pay for their liberal swill

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 33 Posts

My take is this:

Warren’s plan has some merit. The taxes to pay for the plan apply to 75,000 families. It’s 2% tax on families making $50,000,000 or more per year.

Where I differ is the scope and payment vehicle.

Four years? No. Two years? Yes. The reason I do not favor 4 years is because it does make me worry that we’ll have a bunch of people who simply quit their jobs to get a college degree. That probably isn’t good for the economy short-term. The two year plan, for me, has the right amount of incentive and protection for the society as a whole. Also, what I don’t understand about Warren’s plan is this; if the government is going to pay for 4 years of college at a publicly funded university, wouldn’t that mean that you’d end up with a stampede of kids going to (if you’re in Ohio), Ohio State? If you’re in Texas, UT? Outside of leaving your home, why would you stay in some backwater community in rural Ohio or Texas when you get a free ride at Columbus or Austin?

I don’t have so much issue with the funding as I do with the scope. Still, I think having it free-to-the-student is not wholly desirable. So I prefer that we do two years on a basis of reversing the way SS works. Social Security has you pay in during your work life and get payments when you’re finished working. Fund two years of college (by the index below) up front; then pay for it through payroll deductions during your work life. Funding upfront using her tax on the 75,000 families.

So here is what I propose.

1. Index the costs per year at the closest 20 publicly funded institutions to your residence. Lets say it’s $1,000 per year.
    2. Make available for the Students, payment for the equivalent of 2 years of study based on that index. So the student gets $2,000 in our example.
    3. This should pay for 60 hours at a junior college. If the student wants to go to a “career institute”, they only get the $2K, not 2 years of whatever UTI charges
    4. Once the student starts working, a deduction is made out of the paycheck (not to exceed $X per check) until the $2,000 is paid back plus a fee of 3%.

The plan would work like this:

1. Standard 18 y/o out of high school is described as above.
    2. Lets say you’re in school currently, the plan above would pay for the next 2 years so you may get years 2&3, 3&4 as described above. If you’re in year four…sorry. This is under-grad only.
    3. If you’re in a career, you can take advantage and enhance your studies; go from being an LVN to an RN for example. Or you can take anthropology, creative writing, or something not tied to a vocation. It’s up to you.
    4. If you’re later in your life, you will be penalized since your career earnings may not compensate for the payments made up-front. You would have to pay back more-per-paycheck if you’re over 50.

It seems more workable to me. I like Warren’s ideas of wiping out the student debt. The plan going forward to not have debt be part of the college experience is not so great. And, if you look at her website, she does the standard pandering to blacks that all democrat candidates must do. It’s sad.

All in all, some good stuff there. But way too many freebies for my taste.

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

On the loan front, they should do interest relief, but not principle.
    People shouldn't get to take out loans and totally stiff the lenders
    or their assignees. Just my opinion.

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhisattva View Post
    taxpayers didn't pay for Trumps bankruptcies

"more free stuff" - dems have no limits
    Well, at least you admitted he filed bankruptcy numerous times. Small steps.

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by JPF View Post
    My take is this:

Warren’s plan has some merit. The taxes to pay for the plan apply to 75,000 families. It’s 2% tax on families making $50,000,000 or more per year.

Where I differ is the scope and payment vehicle.

Four years? No. Two years? Yes. The reason I do not favor 4 years is because it does make me worry that we’ll have a bunch of people who simply quit their jobs to get a college degree. That probably isn’t good for the economy short-term. The two year plan, for me, has the right amount of incentive and protection for the society as a whole. Also, what I don’t understand about Warren’s plan is this; if the government is going to pay for 4 years of college at a publicly funded university, wouldn’t that mean that you’d end up with a stampede of kids going to (if you’re in Ohio), Ohio State? If you’re in Texas, UT? Outside of leaving your home, why would you stay in some backwater community in rural Ohio or Texas when you get a free ride at Columbus or Austin?

I don’t have so much issue with the funding as I do with the scope. Still, I think having it free-to-the-student is not wholly desirable. So I prefer that we do two years on a basis of reversing the way SS works. Social Security has you pay in during your work life and get payments when you’re finished working. Fund two years of college (by the index below) up front; then pay for it through payroll deductions during your work life. Funding upfront using her tax on the 75,000 families.

So here is what I propose.

1. Index the costs per year at the closest 20 publicly funded institutions to your residence. Lets say it’s $1,000 per year.
    2. Make available for the Students, payment for the equivalent of 2 years of study based on that index. So the student gets $2,000 in our example.
    3. This should pay for 60 hours at a junior college. If the student wants to go to a “career institute”, they only get the $2K, not 2 years of whatever UTI charges
    4. Once the student starts working, a deduction is made out of the paycheck (not to exceed $X per check) until the $2,000 is paid back plus a fee of 3%.

The plan would work like this:

1. Standard 18 y/o out of high school is described as above.
    2. Lets say you’re in school currently, the plan above would pay for the next 2 years so you may get years 2&3, 3&4 as described above. If you’re in year four…sorry. This is under-grad only.
    3. If you’re in a career, you can take advantage and enhance your studies; go from being an LVN to an RN for example. Or you can take anthropology, creative writing, or something not tied to a vocation. It’s up to you.
    4. If you’re later in your life, you will be penalized since your career earnings may not compensate for the payments made up-front. You would have to pay back more-per-paycheck if you’re over 50.

It seems more workable to me. I like Warren’s ideas of wiping out the student debt. The plan going forward to not have debt be part of the college experience is not so great. And, if you look at her website, she does the standard pandering to blacks that all democrat candidates must do. It’s sad.

All in all, some good stuff there. But way too many freebies for my taste.
    you could probably have something where you only get the loan if your studying in a field that can pay it back. Of course if we make it so that the bank and school are on the hook for non payment then we could guarantee they will take it seriously.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    On the loan front, they should do interest relief, but not principle.
    People shouldn't get to take out loans and totally stiff the lenders
    or their assignees. Just my opinion.