Thread: What turns people off of politics

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Default What turns people off of politics

From my point of view the reason most people ignore politics and politicians primarily has to do with all that bitterness and emotional corruption that politics causes. People are stressed out enough as it is and they don't want to voluntarily increase their own stress load. Most people vote without really getting into the discussions. They made their choice based on a few simple things like party affiliation, N.R.A. affiliation and where did he come from. Personally, I wasn't ever interested in politics and I'm not all interested to this day. A lot of pressure put me in this position of paying attention to the politicians but this won't happen forever. Eventually I too am going to shrug them all off and get on what I was concerned with before the MAGA hats were passed out. What do you think are the primary reasons most people are turned off of politics? The record says 60% of eligible voters turn out but I think that figure is inflated. I would say under 50% of people vote.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,028 Times in 6,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Politics become complete bullshit, back in the W years. They started taking this real American's bullshit to a new extreme. Well apparently real Americans were supposed to think the Iraq war, was the new sliced bread. I wonder how many sing a different tune to that, but still pull the real Americans crap. Real Americans are not conformists. Since Trump came on the scene, a new boorish rhetoric, and overall tactless approach, is a new norm.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

I personally never could figure out why people ignore politics. In my opinion ignoring government is just another form of insanity! People who ignore government are eventually doomed to become the slaves of government. Generations into the future are already enslaved to a 22 trillion dollar national debt because their parents have ignored the politicians in a corrupt cesspool called Washington D.C. Again in my opinion every American should study religiously our Constitution because it's our guarantee of justice and rights and the harness on government.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Part Multi 313 View Post
    What do you think are the primary reasons most people are turned off of politics? The record says 60% of eligible voters turn out but I think that figure is inflated. I would say under 50% of people vote.
    I think most ppl who don't vote feel that "what's the point? It doesn't change anything, I have no power, etc."

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I personally never could figure out why people ignore politics. In my opinion ignoring government is just another form of insanity! People who ignore government are eventually
    going to be happier knowing the only time they spent on government is the minimal demand... pay taxes and protect your property. Why waste more time?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

In my opinion, its lies, treason, crimes against humanity and attempts to destroy the well being of society mainly among #45 and his antigovernment conspiring GOPer cronies that turns people off from politics. Hopefully in 2020 at also hopefully doing some rearranging in the GOPer led Senate and their now disgraced White House, will turn people back on to the political process.