Thread: If everyone is a descendant of Adam & Eve

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    The Holy Spirit is part of God!
    So you claim to know more than God's word because the Holy Spirit told you Adam was black and the mark of Cain was "Asian eyes"?

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    doesn't that mean all humans are inbreeds?

sick fuckin religion, let's be honest
    I am certain that you are still trying to evolve from an ape.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

like all the other religious threads on this forum since yesterday?

got it
    How is this a current event snowflake?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I am pretty sure in the 21st century, it is only poorly educated evangelicals and fundamentalists who think of the bible as a literal, historical document.

Even ~2,000 years ago Christian theologians and Christian philosophers maintained the biblical stories can be metaphorical and figurative. Putting the poorly educated American bible thumpers aside, evolution and biological evolutionary tenets are widely accepted in western Christianity, and are not considered incompatible with Christianity.
    Yep, in lying liberal dumb fuck land, Washington, Lincoln, Obama, Carter etc etc.....are poorly educated fundamentalists. You really are too ignorant to comprehend how stupid you look.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I bet you are still trying to figure out how two gay guys had a baby. .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (04-21-2019), Stretch (04-21-2019)

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

I wonder how many of these white bread 'Christian' haters realized their ancestors were all black Africans........means they are literally black people with white skin

talk about inconvenient truth lol
    How do you know what skin color they had?

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,716 Times in 27,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

far as I can tell all Christians cherry pick, only cite biblical passages that support their ideology

imo if they were to cherry pick Jesus' teachings about brotherhood, charity, kindness, etc that would be fine and probably what this Jesus guy from the ME would have intended
    I try to be fair to Christianity by making a distinction between ignorant, buck-toothed evangelicals who seem to believe the bible is a book of history, a literal accounting of historical events....

And the type of Christianity that has proudly tried to follow an intellectual tradition of reason and logic.

Over a thousand years ago, Christians like Saint Augustine realized that a literal reading of the bible would make Christians look like ignorant dumb asses, and he sought to establish an intellectual foundation for Christianity based on Plato and Greco-Roman philosophy.

Saint Augustine clearly realized there are different kinds of reality, and that the some of the literal narrative in the bible are allegorical representations of what actually happened in the divine realm. The bible was written allegorically so humans could understand it from our perspective of our reality. Saint Augustine was aware that as our knowledge of the natural world advanced and progresses, new interpretations of biblical allegory may be needed.

Thomas Aquinas was another Christian intellectual who attempted to bring the logic of Aristotle into the realm of biblical allegory.

So while people should have free reign to mock young earth creationists, bible literalists, and other barely educated dunces, I maintain that it should be recognized that centuries and millennium before internet message boarders were pointing out inconsistency in the bible, astute intellectual Christian theologians were recognizing it and trying to apply the principles of Neoplatonism and Aristotle to understand and interpret biblical allegory.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

you're right, means humans were inbred from a tribe of inbreeds
    Genesis 4 King James Version (KJV)
    4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.
    2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
    3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
    4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
    5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
    6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
    7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
    8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
    9 And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
    10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
    11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
    12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
    13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
    14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
    15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
    16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
    17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
    18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.
    19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.
    20 And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle.
    21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
    22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.
    23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
    24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.
    25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
    26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I try to be fair to Christianity by making a distinction between ignorant, buck-toothed evangelicals who seem to believe the bible is a book of history, a literal accounting of historical events....

And the type of Christianity that has proudly tried to follow an intellectual tradition of reason and logic.

Over a thousand years ago, Christians like Saint Augustine realized that a literal reading of the bible would make Christians look like ignorant dumb asses, and he sought to establish an intellectual foundation for Christianity based on Plato and Greco-Roman philosophy.

Saint Augustine clearly realized there are different kinds of reality, and that the some of the literal narrative in the bible are allegorical representations of what actually happened in the divine realm. The bible was written allegorically so humans could understand it from our perspective of our reality. Saint Augustine was aware that as our knowledge of the natural world advanced and progresses, new interpretations of biblical allegory may be needed.

Thomas Aquinas was another Christian intellectual who attempted to bring the logic of Aristotle into the realm of biblical allegory.

So while people should have free reign to mock young earth creationists, bible literalists, and other barely educated dunces, I maintain that it should be recognized that centuries and millennium before internet message boarders were pointing out inconsistency in the bible, astute intellectual Christian theologians were recognizing it and trying to apply the principles of Neoplatonism and Aristotle to understand and interpret biblical allegory.
    [translation]------><-----[/translation]

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Yup. Every Abrahamic religion is founded on incest.
    /shrugs.....obviously, so are your beliefs regarding evolution.......

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    So you claim to know more than God's word because the Holy Spirit told you Adam was black and the mark of Cain was "Asian eyes"?
    The Holy Spirit is God's word
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Stretch (04-21-2019)

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,637 Times in 10,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

don't call my mom a sinner, fightin words

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

The Holy Spirit is God's word
    Well the Holy Spirit just told me you're full of it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

evince (04-21-2019)

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Adam was Black,Eve was white,the mark of Cain is Asian eyes.
    From these three,you can make everyone look,how they look today
    link

18. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (04-21-2019)

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    link