Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism? BLACK NEWS CHANNEL will debut in November."By black ppl, for black ppl"

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Racism? BLACK NEWS CHANNEL will debut in November."By black ppl, for black ppl"

Where is the media outrage over this brazen racism.? Suppose alex jones said Infowars was by white people and for white people.
    Try to keep a stiff upper lip.
    There is nothing wrong with a news organization serving a specific community.

Ohio Irish American News
    "Monthly newsmagazine serving the 1.445 million people of Irish descent in Ohio."

https://ohioirishamericannews.com/
    I am pretty sure in 1950s New York my father was reading Russian news publications specifically catering to the Russian immigrant community.

Re: your Alex Jones comment - white people do not have a collective experience in America the way that black people do, because of the tides of historical conditions associated with being black in America. Black Americans, Irish Americans, and Russian Americans, Catholic Americans, have legitimate collective experiences that define them as a community.

"White people" do not have a collective American experience. And that is exactly what a "white" news channel would be a transparent attempt to put racism on the public airwaves.

Besides, as a practical matter, this country has had "white" news outlets for more than two centuries. Is there anyone who can plausibly claim we have a dearth of news about white guys?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-21-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,029 Times in 6,223 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That's my point. Some among us are terrified about that prospect.
    If they fear being the minority, they should be the one's championing the the stuff we are. That way they won't be mistreated as a minority. Instead they just act boorish, and think they can stop it, by stopping illegals.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,422 Times in 53,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Try to keep a stiff upper lip.
    There is nothing wrong with a news organization serving a specific community.

I am pretty sure in 1950s New York my father was reading Russian news publications specifically catering to the Russian immigrant community.

Re: your Alex Jones comment - white people do not have a collective experience in America they way that black do, because of tides of historical conditions. Black American, Irish Americans, and Russian Americans, Catholic Americans have legitimate collective experiences that define them as a community.

"White people" do not have a collective American experience. And that is exactly what a "white" news channel would be a transparent attempt to put racism on the public airwaves.

Besides, as a practical matter, this country has had "white" news outlets for more than two centuries. Is there anyone who can plausibly claim we have a dearth of news about white guys?
    And delivered by white guys in stations owned by white guys.

6. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-21-2019)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (04-21-2019)

8. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Former Republican congressman J.C. Watts is the brain child of this channel which doesn’t sit well with some in the black community. Ideological diversity is not a good thing...

https://urbanintellectuals.com/famus...otal-bull-sht/

9. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Interesting. How do you figure? I am white; I associate with anyone I want to. Some of those "anyones" are not white.
    And what if you didn't want to associate with non-white people? What if you ran a business and only wanted to hire white people? Or an apartment building and only wanted to rent to white people? Or a private school and only wanted white students? Non-white people can do this and, while it's illegal, nobody cares. The law is only enforced when white people want to do this. Because of affirmative action, we can't even be aracial when hiring for a business. We are required to hire a number of non-white people.

Now you might say, well I don't mind associating with people of different races. Fine. But the fact that we're required to means we do not have freedom of association.

We also have affirmative action to deal with, meaning it's even more important that we have white businesses and such.

What are our "interests"?
    Well one example is freedom of association, but there is also the way we're depicted in media. Non-white races can rally against media that they feel is racist against them. If we do that, we're racist for even thinking we can be victims of racism. White people have been called "racist" for saying the movie "Get Out" is anti-white when it so obviously is. A movie that racist wouldn't even be shown in theaters if it was targeting a different race,

Look at what's happening with the Democrats running for president. There are mainstream calls for the white men to step aside so the "special interest" people can become president. In a sane country, white people would be able to condemn this as anti-white and anti-male. But in modern America, if you see this as racist, you're either a racist yourself or, at best, you're an idiot who doesn't understand your own "privilege."

Sorry, but the media featuring stories about non-white ppl (who aren't committing crimes), hiring non-white ppl to be the faces of the news/sports/weather on TV, featuring non-whites in advertising, giving non-white writers a voice in print/Internet media does NOT equal an anti-white sentiment.
    I agree. What is anti-white sentiment is not allowing Whites to do the same, whether by law or by culture.

Do you feel the same about commercials, and movies and other entertainment that feature gay actors? Does that equal anti-straight sentiment? What about media that shows ppl worshiping non-Xtian god(s), is that promoting anti-Xtian sentiment?
    If the bad guys were always straight and they put forth a false narrative of homophobia being everywhere, then I would call that anti-straight. Keep in mind, I'm not saying having a black person in a movie is anti-white. I'm saying the messages of these movies are anti-white.

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

That's my point. Some among us are terrified about that prospect.
    Now why would anyone be scared of their race becoming a hated minority? Have hated minorities historically had trouble?

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

J.C. Watts is a good and decent man who cares about all races, in my opinion. I don’t care if it’s all black or all green. Jobs, good jobs, will be created, food on the table. There are all black colleges and no one cares. The hypocrisy part is meaningless. We all have some degree of hypocrisy. There is no Constitutional protection against hypocrisy.

Nothing to see here.

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    And what if you didn't want to associate with non-white people? What if you ran a business and only wanted to hire white people? Or an apartment building and only wanted to rent to white people? Or a private school and only wanted white students? Non-white people can do this and, while it's illegal, nobody cares. The law is only enforced when white people want to do this. Because of affirmative action, we can't even be aracial when hiring for a business. We are required to hire a number of non-white people.
    Then I would suggest that you pack up and move to an all-white area, or better yet, some other country. After all, isn't that what the contards tell us when we say we don't like something about our culture?

Here's a tidbit: If we white ppl hadn't been so adamant for centuries about associating ONLY with other white ppl -- preferably ones of our own nationality, religion, and economic status -- we wouldn't need affirmative action today. Are you one of those free marketers who think that discrimination will magically go away if we remove all regulations regarding it?

Now you might say, well I don't mind associating with people of different races. Fine. But the fact that we're required to means we do not have freedom of association.
    So basically you are whining that a person of color can move into the house next door to you, your business has to serve gays and non-whites, your supervisor is a woman, and that dirty Jew can sit in the cube next to yours. Got it. Why did I include gays and Jews and women in my comment? Because discrimination laws cover them, too.

We also have affirmative action to deal with, meaning it's even more important that we have white businesses and such.
    Why is that important? BTW, we are in no danger of running low on "white businesses."

Well one example is freedom of association, but there is also the way we're depicted in media. Non-white races can rally against media that they feel is racist against them. If we do that, we're racist for even thinking we can be victims of racism. White people have been called "racist" for saying the movie "Get Out" is anti-white when it so obviously is. A movie that racist wouldn't even be shown in theaters if it was targeting a different race,
    It's interesting that being called racist is so concerning to you. Oddly, it doesn't bother me a bit and I'm probably as white as you are (well, exc. for some random Neanderthal, Native American, and African DNA lol). Most of the ppl I associate with at the university are non-whites. If one of them told me that I said something she thought was racist, I would ask her to explain and learn from it. The fact that *some* whites freak out when they're told that speaks of insecurity. Are you that insecure?

Look at what's happening with the Democrats running for president. There are mainstream calls for the white men to step aside so the "special interest" people can become president. In a sane country, white people would be able to condemn this as anti-white and anti-male. But in modern America, if you see this as racist, you're either a racist yourself or, at best, you're an idiot who doesn't understand your own "privilege."
    I can't speak for others who vote (D). But I do wish that the older candidates -- Warren, Sanders, Biden -- would step aside in favor of the younger generation. It's time to refresh the party with new faces and young blood. I could not care less if the candidate(s) are white, black, purple, male, female, straight, gay. Ruh roh. I'm an ageist! lol

I agree. What is anti-white sentiment is not allowing Whites to do the same, whether by law or by culture.
    Not allowing whites to do what now? Please clarify.

If the bad guys were always straight and they put forth a false narrative of homophobia being everywhere, then I would call that anti-straight. Keep in mind, I'm not saying having a black person in a movie is anti-white. I'm saying the messages of these movies are anti-white.
    How's that? Which movies are you talking about? I can't comment on that unless we have a common reference. Would you call that blockbuster hit last year, Black Panther, "anti-white," for instance?

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    J.C. Watts is a good and decent man who cares about all races, in my opinion. I don’t care if it’s all black or all green. Jobs, good jobs, will be created, food on the table. There are all black colleges and no one cares. The hypocrisy part is meaningless. We all have some degree of hypocrisy. There is no Constitutional protection against hypocrisy.

Nothing to see here.
    There’s nothing hypocricital about traditionally black colleges considering they were created because blacks weren’t allowed into white colleges. If you are blocked from the mainstream you have to be entrepreneurial and create your own. Jews did the same when it came to things such as social and country clubs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Dumb nigs running a black news channel? LOL! Everyone is too busy laughing to condemn the nigs for having a racist network.

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,029 Times in 6,223 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now why would anyone be scared of their race becoming a hated minority? Have hated minorities historically had trouble?
    You don't add the hated part, just because you become a minority. I truthfully don't see any issue with it, and really don't care. People move to foreign countries all the time, where they would be a minority. With that you also have major language barriers. Whites are just scared, because they know what the past was, and think they don't fare well. Maybe if they'd humble themselves, and practice the leftist equality stuff, they'd have nothing to worry about. The way it's going now, is the opposite of what they want to do, if they fear becoming a minority.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If you are blocked from the mainstream you have to be entrepreneurial and create your own.
    Hence the creation of Fox News Channel and other 'nontraditional' media which many leftists like to pretend are illegitimate sources?

Jews did the same when it came to things such as social and country clubs.
    Trump insisted that Jews be admitted to his clubs, didn't he?

19. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Lizard View Post
    Whites are just scared.
    Speaking for yourself?

20. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I imagine that anyone who has had a history of treating others in negative ways would be fearful when the tables are turned. You know, like a child abuser being sent to prison might feel.

21. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

There’s nothing hypocricital about traditionally black colleges considering they were created because blacks weren’t allowed into white colleges. If you are blocked from the mainstream you have to be entrepreneurial and create your own. Jews did the same when it came to things such as social and country clubs.
    Definition of hypocrisy:

1 : a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not : behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

Of course it is hypocritical to believe in the inclusion of all races and then have an only one-race group. This defines hypocrisy but as I posted, I don't care if there are all black universities or all black news outlets. It had no effect on my education, Vandy is all inclusive.