Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Food stamp users can now buy food ONLINE and have it DELIVERED to their home!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,230 Times in 3,448 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Default Food stamp users can now buy food ONLINE and have it DELIVERED to their home!!!

Pure insanity. SNAP users should have to go to the store and their food stamps should be good for only a few staples like rice, flour, rolled oats and bananas.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/busin...nap/index.html

april 18 2019 New York (CNN Business)Walmart, Amazon and grocery chains like ShopRite hope to tap into a lucrative new market: Food stamp recipients who want to shop for groceries online.

For the first time, the US Department of Agriculture has given the green light for recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, to use their benefits to buy groceries online and get them delivered to their homes, the agency said Thursday.

The retailers are kicking off a two-year pilot in New York that will enable some of the state's 2.7 million SNAP recipients to use their benefits for online grocery orders.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At Text Drivers are Killers For This Awful Post:

Jade Dragon (04-19-2019), Rune (04-21-2019)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Text Drivers are Killers For This Post:

Earl (04-20-2019), Evmetro (04-20-2019), Wolverine (04-24-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

This doesn't sidestep limitations regarding what they can use it for. It's unclear if it covers delivery fees but the plus is that there won't need to be all those motorized lard carts and roving bands of screaming brats.
    I actually like that benefit.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Bigdog (04-22-2019), Nomad (04-19-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    This doesn't sidestep limitations regarding what they can use it for. .
    What limitations? Snappers use food stamps to get lobster and junk food all the time.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

7. The Following 2 Users Groan At Text Drivers are Killers For This Awful Post:

Jade Dragon (04-19-2019), Rune (04-21-2019)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Text Drivers are Killers For This Post:

Earl (04-20-2019), Wolverine (04-24-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    What limitations? Snappers use food stamps to get lobster and junk food all the time.
    they are apparently on the "ok" list. the stores have to demonstrate that the stamps they want to be reimbursed for were spent on stuff on the list. they dont establish the list, have to talk to Congress about that.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Prove it.
    Link up you lying cunt.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

This doesn't sidestep limitations regarding what they can use it for. It's unclear if it covers delivery fees but the plus is that there won't need to be all those motorized lard carts and roving bands of screaming brats.
    I took people to the polls in my CAR. 2 or 3 asked me to drop them off on the way home--at the grocery store.

I felt a little "put out" until I realized, oh yeah, I have a car. Duh!!
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Jade Dragon (04-20-2019)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I took people to the polls in my CAR. 2 or 3 asked me to drop them off on the way home--at the grocery store.

I felt a little "put out" until I realized, oh yeah, I have a car. Duh!!
    In the old days you would see lots of people with those pull baskets on wheels going to and from the store. Of course there were stores in your neighborhood then.
    This does a lot to address "food deserts" but time will tell if its possible to deliver to crime infested areas. It was the crime that drove the stores off and prevents take out, cabs and first responders from going there.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In the old days you would see lots of people with those pull baskets on wheels going to and from the store. Of course there were stores in your neighborhood then.
    This does a lot to address "food deserts" but time will tell if its possible to deliver to crime infested areas. It was the crime that drove the stores off and prevents take out, cabs and first responders from going there.
    Or maybe the state should set up distribution centers where welfare queens can come and pick up their free food. That could work if all the DCs carried were a few staples like rice, flour and rolled oats.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Or maybe the state should set up distribution centers where welfare queens can come and pick up their free food. That could work if all the DCs carried were a few staples like rice, flour and rolled oats.
    Take that up with congress. They establish what may and may not be gotten.
    Still have to get to these centers. Far more expensive to establish and man ones close enough to walk to.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed, & hopefully it will be workable.

There is money to be made. The few lil Mom & Pop stores will likely struggle, leave or fail~ or join the deliver game.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Every grocery store in this sanctuary state charges for delivery, that includes walmart etc...

It is the direction the food service industry is going.......

They can get free pick-up @ the locations.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Every grocery store in this sanctuary state charges for delivery, that includes walmart etc...
    Poor people are stupid and lazy. This will cause more pressure to increase the amount of food stamps, because more parasites will be whining they can't buy enough food, because they're spending money on delivery services.

19. The Following User Groans At Bobb For This Awful Post:

Charoite (04-22-2019)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Poor people are stupid and lazy. This will cause more pressure to increase the amount of food stamps, because more parasites will be whining they can't buy enough food, because they're spending money on delivery services.
    And it keeps getting worse because the welfare queens all vote for democrats who promise them more freebies. You should not be allowed to vote in any year that you collected welfare.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,629 Times in 9,297 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

And it keeps getting worse because the welfare queens all vote for democrats who promise them more freebies. You should not be allowed to vote in any year that you collected welfare.
    That's not Democracy
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Do you feel pressured??

You could try utilizing your 2nd amendment rights & relieve that pressure