Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mueller report: A corrupt, unpatriotic president, a stark impeachment choice for Demo

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Your drugs are confusing you
    It's already been reported.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

The House can impeach, no problem. They probably have the votes to impeach.

The problem is the Senate. For the Senate to convict, there need to be some Republican defections. The uninformed masses are never going to read the Mueller Report. They are only going to believe what they are told by the biased pundits they listen to. If Fox News or the Daily Caller doesn't say the President is guilty of wrongdoing, they are not going to believe it if it comes from CNN or any major media source. The Republican Senators know this. They can support the President as long as their constituents want them to.

The charges against the President can't be anything minor that can easily swing any direction according to the spin. They would have to be something undeniable, something that can't be spun. It would have to be so bad that some of the Republicans in the Senate begin to call for impeachment. So far, this ain't it.

But we haven't seen everything yet. Mueller handed off 14 separate investigations to other investigators, which are currently ongoing. Twelve of them were redacted, so we don't even know who is being investigated and which agency is performing those investigations.

I think it is wise for the Democrats to go slow on impeachment. Sad, but wise. And there is nothing to stop them from digging further and conducting even more investigations.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-18-2019)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-19-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    the House has no choice but to impeach, no other options
    I've just read that the House democrats are SERIOUSLY considering impeaching the orange shit stain.

But sure enough the senate republikkkans are squawking and saying that Mueller completely exonerated trump.

Even the redacted report clearly stated that trump colluded with the russians and obstructed justice. But they didn't have enough evidence to convict him on collusion but there was plenty of evidence of obstruction of justice.

And Barr ADMITS that trump obstructed justice but because he was paranoid at the time, the obstruction was perfectly acceptable!!!

Barr ADMITTED that trump obstructed justice!!!

This should be enough to throw the orange shit in jail for a very long time.

But although I hate trump, I don't think he should go to jail.

Just give him a pistol and tell him to do the honorable thing - like the former Peruvian PM did the other day.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    I've just read that the House democrats are SERIOUSLY considering impeaching the orange shit stain.

But sure enough the senate republikkkans are squawking and saying that Mueller completely exonerated trump.

Even the redacted report clearly stated that trump colluded with the russians and obstructed justice. But they didn't have enough evidence to convict him on collusion but there was plenty of evidence of obstruction of justice.

And Barr ADMITS that trump obstructed justice but because he was paranoid at the time, the obstruction was perfectly acceptable!!!

Barr ADMITTED that trump obstructed justice!!!

This should be enough to throw the orange shit in jail for a very long time.

But although I hate trump, I don't think he should go to jail.

Just give him a pistol and tell him to do the honorable thing - like the former Peruvian PM did the other day.
    The report clearly stated, "...…..the report did not conclude that the POTUS committed the crime of Obstruction.....but it did not exonerate him." What the hell? Legalize to say, "....of course no one can be exonerated for a crime where there was no conclusion of a crime ever being committed." LMAO

Question? If a lack of evidence in concluding that a crime was ever committed cannot exonerate someone of the charge.....what does? A decision by the freaking AG of the United States of America.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    this was about the current president.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    this was about the current president.
    Who was found innocent but along the way it discovered that the previous one was not.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

bumping. Because I want to.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    There will be no "impeachment".....it would be political suicide for the 2020 election. Almost 60% of American Citizens declared they are tired of hearing about Mueller Time (ABC/Washington Post poll, only 24% have confidence in Mueller finding anything). Game Over....suck it up and get on to the next scandal (Taxes, Taxes, Taxes instead of Russia, Russia, Russia).
    you idiots need to stop talking them out of it......we WANT them to commit political suicide.....

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The House can impeach, no problem. They probably have the votes to impeach.

The problem is the Senate. For the Senate to convict, there need to be some Republican defections. The uninformed masses are never going to read the Mueller Report. They are only going to believe what they are told by the biased pundits they listen to. If Fox News or the Daily Caller doesn't say the President is guilty of wrongdoing, they are not going to believe it if it comes from CNN or any major media source. The Republican Senators know this. They can support the President as long as their constituents want them to.

The charges against the President can't be anything minor that can easily swing any direction according to the spin. They would have to be something undeniable, something that can't be spun. It would have to be so bad that some of the Republicans in the Senate begin to call for impeachment. So far, this ain't it.

But we haven't seen everything yet. Mueller handed off 14 separate investigations to other investigators, which are currently ongoing. Twelve of them were redacted, so we don't even know who is being investigated and which agency is performing those investigations.

I think it is wise for the Democrats to go slow on impeachment. Sad, but wise. And there is nothing to stop them from digging further and conducting even more investigations.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Mueller report: A corrupt, unpatriotic president, a stark impeachment choice for Democrats

Minutes before Mueller's 448-page report was released Thursday morning, Barr held a press conference for his second attempt to describe the fictional report he wishes Mueller's team had written. As if he had been hacked by Trump's Twitter feed, he repeated some version of the phrase "no collusion" over and over and over.

We soon learned that Mueller's report couldn't possibly clear Trump of "collusion." Why? It clearly states with the first few pages it does not even address the "concept of 'collusion.'"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-r...215911654.html

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    The report clearly stated, "...…..the report did not conclude that the POTUS committed the crime of Obstruction.....but it did not exonerate him." What the hell? Legalize to say, "....of course no one can be exonerated for a crime where there was no conclusion of a crime ever being committed." LMAO

Question? If a lack of evidence in concluding that a crime was ever committed cannot exonerate someone of the charge.....what does? A decision by the freaking AG of the United States of America.
    Here's that quote in full context.

“Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts
    , the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

15. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

domer76 (04-19-2019)

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Here's that quote in full context.

“Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts
    , the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”
    Read it to the end please.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Read it to the end please.
    The whole article is too long to post so I linked it. Below is what came right after the paragraph I pasted above.

"Expecting to benefit may not be the same as actively cooperating, but the omission in Barr’s letter is significant nonetheless. The full sentence from Mueller casts a different, less flattering light on the Trump campaign than Barr’s letter indicated.

In short, Russia wanted Trump to win, and Trump campaign members were aware that they would reap an advantage from the “information stolen and released through Russian efforts.”

Barr during his Thursday news conference:
    “There was no evidence of Trump campaign ‘collusion’ with the Russian government’s hacking.” Barr at some points in his news conference used the word “collusion,” which is not a legal term for a crime. (The word “collusion” does not appear in the attorney general’s March 24 letter.)
    Mueller’s report says: “In evaluating whether evidence about collective action of multiple individuals constituted a crime, we applied the framework of conspiracy law, not the concept of ‘collusion.’

... [C]ollusion is not a specific offense or theory of liability found in the United States Code, nor is it a term of art in federal criminal law. For those reasons, the Office’s focus in analyzing questions of joint criminal liability was on conspiracy as defined in federal law.”

At other points in his news conference, and throughout his letter, Barr used the more specific terms “coordinated” and “conspiracy.” That matches the language in Mueller’s report.

A Justice Department official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said “collusion” and “conspiracy” show up together in the thesaurus. According to Merriam-Webster, collusion means a “secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose.” But the issue here is not Barr’s choice of synonyms. It’s that his statements about collusion, coordination and conspiracy gloss over all the known ties between Trump campaign members and Russians. Mueller documented those ties exhaustively in the report."

(Continued)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factc...TN5?li=BBnb7Kz

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Who was found innocent but along the way it discovered that the previous one was not.
    Wow, that's some dizzy spin.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.