Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, Sailor and Earl

Thread: US press freedom rated lower than Botswana, Chile, Romania. Thank you, Donald.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default US press freedom rated lower than Botswana, Chile, Romania. Thank you, Donald.

United States classed as 'problematic' place for journalists to work

Romania, Chile and Botswana outrank US in World Press Freedom Index

Journalists around the world are increasingly having to deal with threats of violence while carrying out their jobs, with politicians such as Donald Trump stoking a hatred of reporters that is degenerating into physical attacks, a report warns.

The US fell down the Reporters Without Borders (RWB) annual World Press Freedom Index and is now classed as a “problematic” country for journalists to work in, ranking below the likes of Romania, Chile, and Botswana.

This follows inflammatory comments from the president and a broader hatred of the media which resulted in the shooting of five newspaper staff at the Capital Gazette in Maryland.

Among other issues in the last year, Trump branded several mainstream news outlets the “enemy of the American people”, while political reporters covering the White House have had to seek additional security measures and newsrooms have been repeated targeted with bomb threats.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...alists-to-work

Trump- it must be remembered- permitted the degenerate Saudis to lure an American newspaper reporter to his murder and dismemberment without taking any punitive measures whatsoever. Khashoggi criticized the degenerate Saudi leadership- it murdered him. Trump repeatedly attacks the American press with rhetoric dangerous enough to threaten the lives of journalist working at home in the US. Trump is, of course, a fascist- a designation lauded by his supporters as it appeals to their own fascist instincts.
    Some of them are terrorists, for sure, as is evident from the views and threats expressed in this forum. Racism is a component of the terrorist mindset and these pages are thick with it. Yet the depraved and the psychotic have voices here which- according to the rules structure- are equal to those of the moral and balanced. That's more than they deserve, imo, but then I'm well aware that my own, moralistic, viewpoints are nauseous to them as their fascist viewpoints are to me.
    This, however, is simply a branch of social-media wherein no real damage can be caused to anybody outside of its confines. Having a deranged fascist in the Oval Office is quite something else- and something had better be done about it real soon.

Note; You might note that I've taken to thread-banning lately, following the cowardly precedent of the Brit maggot. In the case of those members excluded from this one it is not an attempt to silence rational debate- they don't have the necessary faculties for that- but it removes their mindless repetition which is in itself an effort to silence others.

Last edited by moon; 04-18-2019 at 01:56 AM.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-18-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

Micawber (04-18-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump calls media the “true Enemy of the People” the same day a bomb is sent to CNN

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...emy-pittsburgh

Maria Ressa.

5. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-18-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile state propaganda is a booming industry.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

moon (04-18-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

US press freedom rated lower than Botswana, Chile, Romania. Thank you, Donald.
    I knew we were headed for trouble when we killed all those MSNBC reporters........

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (04-18-2019), Earl (04-18-2019)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Trump calls media the “true Enemy of the People” the same day a bomb is sent to CNN

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...emy-pittsburgh
    You don’t even live in the U.S., do you?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Earl (04-18-2019)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Press Freedom is always the target of the far right and the far left.

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    You don’t even live in the U.S., do you?
    I'm cosmopolitan.
    Turkey again next week.

Maria Ressa.

14. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-18-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm cosmopolitan.
    Turkey again next week.
    Yeah, I didn't think so. But I agree with the article in your OP, but not for the reasons you probably think. The president recently signed an executive order denying federal funds to colleges that refuse to let conservative speakers appear. And it is indeed "problematic" for(conservative)reporters and others media figures to cover events that are remotely political in nature. Over 90% of what is written and otherwise reported on about the Trump administration and the right wing in general is negative. So if you can find some time in your travels, stick around the states for a little while and monitor our "free press". I think you will find it open, welcoming and VERY free(for anyone who hates Trump, Israel, and straight white people, and whatever the bug-up-the-ass du jour is for the left)
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not residing permanently in the US is very healthy, I can assure you, so I hope that you don't share the Earl troll's view that overseas travel and cosmopolitan views are somehow sinister.

I imagine that Trump strives to control free speech- from his position of power- in order to further his own agendas. There's no doubt in my mind that his denial of funds to colleges is aimed at forcing colleges to host pro-fascist propagandists from the Izrael lobby when the vast majority of intelligent and compassionate students do not want them there. Trump's persistence in making it illegal to boycott fascist Izrael proves my point- so it's evident, using that one issue that you mentioned, that any journalist worth his/her salt that wants to expose the truth about neoZionism is in for a very hard time in America indeed. I give you Meirscheimer and Walt as classic examples.
    I add that , without exception, all Americans I meet on my travels are anti-Trump. None of them are military or state-employed, of course, just regular Americans with broader-than-average outlooks born of traveling outside of the states. They certainly don't share the states-bound paranoia, xenophobia and maliciousness so prevalent in this forum . So my own conclusion that the article is correct to fear for free-speech in America is based, not only upon the pro-censorship attitudes of members here but also upon the fears of people I meet.

It's good that you value free-speech yourself- but it seems to me that you're over-dismissive of the danger that neoZionism presents. Reducing America's standing as a free-speech nation is just one example of how blanket support for Izrael's crimes rots moral fabric.
    Last edited by moon; 04-18-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Maria Ressa.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 41 Posts

Trump- it must be remembered- permitted the degenerate Saudis to lure an American newspaper reporter to his murder and dismemberment without taking any punitive measures whatsoever. Khashoggi criticized the degenerate Saudi leadership- it murdered him. Trump repeatedly attacks the American press with rhetoric dangerous enough to threaten the lives of journalist working at home in the US. Trump is, of course, a fascist- a designation lauded by his supporters as it appeals to their own fascist instincts.
    Some of them are terrorists, for sure, as is evident from the views and threats expressed in this forum. Racism is a component of the terrorist mindset and these pages are thick with it. Yet the depraved and the psychotic have voices here which- according to the rules structure- are equal to those of the moral and balanced. That's more than they deserve, imo, but then I'm well aware that my own, moralistic, viewpoints are nauseous to them as their fascist viewpoints are to me.
    This, however, is simply a branch of social-media wherein no real damage can be caused to anybody outside of its confines. Having a deranged fascist in the Oval Office is quite something else- and something had better be done about it real soon.

Note; You might note that I've taken to thread-banning lately, following the cowardly precedent of the Brit maggot. In the case of those members excluded from this one it is not an attempt to silence rational debate- they don't have the necessary faculties for that- but it removes their mindless repetition which is in itself an effort to silence others.

Typical leftist media, where "inflammatory comments" means press freedoms are being attacked. What a joke hahahahah
    The anti-Trumper's new mantra:

“B-b-but muh White supremacy”

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    Typical leftist media, where "inflammatory comments" means press freedoms are being attacked. What a joke hahahahah
    Did you compose that post all on your own or as part of your group meeting ?

Maria Ressa.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Of interest;

Why is press freedom deteriorating globally?

Journalists around the world are facing increasing hostility, new report by Reporters Without Borders shows.

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...175837062.html

Maria Ressa.