Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Scientists have established a link between religious fundamentalism and brain damage

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Ummm...that wasn't added to our currency until 1956.
    Ralph is just not very bright. Or dementia. Or both.

Most of the founders were Deists, not fundamentalists.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    huff and puff post as some authority on Christianity? Of course this nation was not founded upon the "Religion" of Christianity.....it was founded upon the principles established under Blackstone who used the principles established under the Judeo Christian Philosophy. Establishing a STATE RELIGION would be contrary to that philosophy..as Christianity is based upon Choice not a State Mandate. Thus the 1st amendment free exercise and anti establishment clause existence where BIG BROTHER is forbidden from making any law that would deny FREE EXERCISE.

Religion is a personal choice.....but....there is nothing illegal with any person (Christian or otherwise) serving within the US government and retaining his/her personal rights of free speech. The very reason that Religion, Speech, and Press are addressed in the same bill of rights act.

No where does Adams declare that the United States is not a Christian Nation. Have you ever attempted to read and comprehend English within its context and content message? Quote: Your own evidence, "The GOVERNMENT of the UNITED STATES...is not.....(the government dumbasses) in any sense, is not founded upon THE RELIGION of CHRISTIANITY." -- John Adams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comment...aws_of_England Notice the quote even from Wikipedia...….Blackstone is referenced when asked about the FRAMING of the United States Constitution.

That Framework. 1. The rights of persons 2. the rights of things 3. of private wrongs 4. of public wrongs. Guess where this reference of these 4 basic tenets of US LAW came from? The Judeo Christian Philosophies....Blackstone argued that English Common Law was predicated upon God's Law.
    Indicate where any god is referenced in the Constitution.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    State Religion? What part of the 1st amendment do you not comprehend? Are you a child? Just why do you assume this nation was created in the first place? This nation's founding is a direct result of those protesting STATE RELIGION in EUROPE...i.e., the protestant movement and migration to the new world to escape religious persecution. In Europe Catholicism was mandated as a state religion.....it was illegal for a lay person to even read from the Holy Bible, it was illegal for anyone to translate the Bible from Latin into common English...

The First States Bill of Rights..i.e, the 1st amendment makes sure that such a thing can never happen in the United States. In fact the personal letter from a Christian Minister to Jefferson was addressing such a topic....the preacher was afraid that his state would make everyone worship only one doctrine. Jefferson told him that was impossible according to the 1st amendment. His analogy was comparing the anti-establishment clause as a wall that guaranteed Freedom of Religion not freedom from religion.

Jefferson said the New Testament was written by ignorant, unlettered men. I’ll take that one step further. It is BELIEVED by the same people.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

LV426 (04-18-2019)

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gomer View Post
    you are a crazy person. you are a domestic enemy. all you people are crazy. I saw 2 or 3 minutes of cable news last night. you people are literally out of your minds. 180 degrees away from reality; as those which have already been cast into outer darkness : you bastards are getting farther away from reality or repentance. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5407&FORM=VIRE
    Did you know this?

The rainbow is really due to the reflection and refraction of water particles in the atmosphere and has not a fucking thing to do with a god inventing it to tell mankind there will be no more worldwide floods.

That’s just a fucking shocker, isn’t it?

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

absolutely, yes. if I feel my feet are cold; I will use my hands to make my feet warm.
    LOL so the controller is what makes it happen. Exactly the point I hoped you'd get. Thanks

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Jesus is the Head of The Church. Jesus does not control the damned.
    Jesus is feckless.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Lord Created the fantastic light spectrum. HALLELUJAH !
    The rainbow existed before the flood, idiot. That went right over your head, as it does with all flat-earthers.

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

A study published in the journal Neuropsychologia has shown that religious fundamentalism is, in part, the result of a functional impairment in a brain region known as the prefrontal cortex. The findings suggest that damage to particular areas of the prefrontal cortex indirectly promotes religious fundamentalism by diminishing cognitive flexibility and openness—a psychology term that describes a personality trait which involves dimensions like curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness.
    https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/sci...Ev-GPn7NK5_Mfg

Neuropsychologia is a peer-reviewed scientific journal that focuses on cognitive neuroscience. It was established in 1963, and is published by Elsevier.
    No surprise there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    then there's the religion of environmentalism. and these nuts want to make heresy illegal. is that creativity and open-mindedness?
    The environment is real, and right in front of you daily. There's no evidence that God even exists. Question: if God is real and omniscient, then why does the Bible ban eating pork (because of trichinosis), when all that was necessary was to ensure that it was cooked throughly?

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 34 Posts

A study published in the journal Neuropsychologia has shown that religious fundamentalism is, in part, the result of a functional impairment in a brain region known as the prefrontal cortex. The findings suggest that damage to particular areas of the prefrontal cortex indirectly promotes religious fundamentalism by diminishing cognitive flexibility and openness—a psychology term that describes a personality trait which involves dimensions like curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness.
    https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/sci...Ev-GPn7NK5_Mfg

Neuropsychologia is a peer-reviewed scientific journal that focuses on cognitive neuroscience. It was established in 1963, and is published by Elsevier.
    lmao, good one.

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Truth Detector and Bigdog created the United States? That's new. Thanks.
    The United States was not created by religious fundamentalists. If it was, there'd be no 1st Amendment.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bodhisattva View Post
    Religion = "rigid thought" is a false equivalency. Religion is based on immutable principles,
    but that doesn't equate to rigidity ( unable to see other patterns) -since religion is not subject to changing data

More dumb ass psychobabble
    You just stated that "religion is not subject to changing data". Isn't that pretty much the definition of rigid thought?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

LV426 (04-18-2019)

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    The environment is real, and right in front of you daily. There's no evidence that God even exists. Question: if God is real and omniscient, then why does the Bible ban eating pork (because of trichinosis), when all that was necessary was to ensure that it was cooked throughly?

Don't let them confuse the issue because it is really quite simple, if it is based upon some ridiculous story of how we / everything came into existence, then it is religion. The religious desperately scramble to try and drag everything else down to the level of the religious with their every sick and pathetic lie and deception like the environment, or science, or not being religious labeled as atheist by the religious etc.

4 minute 9 second video, facts exposing foundations of religious lies including scientology of which scientology was the religious's way of attempting to drag science down to the level of the religious.

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "While Muslims engaged in violent protests worldwide over caricatures of Muhammad have insisted any image of their prophet is considered blasphemous, a prominent frieze in the U.S. Supreme Court portrays the Islamic leader wielding a sword."
    "In 1997, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, protested the Supreme Court’s Muhammad sculpture, saying, according to its annual report for that year, “While appreciating the fact that Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) was included in the court’s pantheon of 18 prominent lawgivers of history, CAIR noted that Islam discouraged its followers from portraying any prophet in paintings, sculptures or other artistic representations.”
    https://www.wnd.com/2006/02/34686/

Fuck You and your Sharia Law, Ralph!
    Yes, you are a snowflake. Madison was a champion for religious freedom.
    And many of the Founders were Deists, not following any standard religion.

Last edited by rjhenn; 04-17-2019 at 11:34 PM.