Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Scientists have established a link between religious fundamentalism and brain damage

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You want to establish state religion for no other reason than to save Christianity from the free market of ideas that is clearly killing it.

Church Leaders and Declining Religious Service Attendance
    https://news.gallup.com/opinion/poll...ttendance.aspx
    State Religion? What part of the 1st amendment do you not comprehend? Are you a child? Just why do you assume this nation was created in the first place? This nation's founding is a direct result of those protesting STATE RELIGION in EUROPE...i.e., the protestant movement and migration to the new world to escape religious persecution. In Europe Catholicism was mandated as a state religion.....it was illegal for a lay person to even read from the Holy Bible, it was illegal for anyone to translate the Bible from Latin into common English...

The First States Bill of Rights..i.e, the 1st amendment makes sure that such a thing can never happen in the United States. In fact the personal letter from a Christian Minister to Jefferson was addressing such a topic....the preacher was afraid that his state would make everyone worship only one doctrine. Jefferson told him that was impossible according to the 1st amendment. His analogy was comparing the anti-establishment clause as a wall that guaranteed Freedom of Religion not freedom from religion.
    Last edited by Ralph; 04-17-2019 at 03:58 PM.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    State Religion? What part of the 1st amendment do you not comprehend? Are you a child?
    You have just been arguing for the last three posts that the US is a Christian Nation.

It's clearly not, and the reason you keep arguing that is because you are trying to save Christianity by talking it up as integral to the nation because fewer people are turning to the church than ever before.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    State Religion? What part of the 1st amendment do you not comprehend? Are you a child? Just why do you assume this nation was created in the first place? This nation's founding is a direct result of those protesting STATE RELIGION in EUROPE...i.e., the protestant movement and migration to the new world to escape religious persecution. In Europe Catholicism was mandated as a state religion.....it was illegal for a lay person to even read from the Holy Bible, it was illegal for anyone to translate the Bible from Latin into common English...

The First States Bill of Rights..i.e, the 1st amendment makes sure that such a thing can never happen in the United States. In fact the personal letter from a Christian Minister to Jefferson was addressing such a topic....the preacher was afraid that his state would make everyone worship only one doctrine. Jefferson told him that was impossible according to the 1st amendment. His analogy was comparing the anti-establishment clause as a wall that guaranteed Freedom of Religion not freedom from religion.
    You: No state religion

Also You: The US is a Christian nation and look at how many founding fathers were Christian.

Derp derp derpy doo.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You have just been arguing for the last three posts that the US is a Christian Nation.

It's clearly not, and the reason you keep arguing that is because you are trying to save Christianity by talking it up as integral to the nation because fewer people are turning to the church than ever before.
    Again.....what part of common English can you not comprehend? I have been presenting history and facts....its you that have been attempting to force your opinion upon everyone else.

It is a Christian Nation....as the majority of US citizens and the majority of the Mexican Illegals are Christians by choice. There is no mandate to make you believe anything that you don't want to believe....unless you are potato head. In fact Christianity is the largest faith in the world. If a Christian gets drafted or volunteers to serve in the US military.....does that make the US Military obligated to follow Christian Doctrine? What an idiot. The 1st amendment is about personal freedoms....freedom that cannot be subject to any law legislated by government.
    Last edited by Ralph; 04-17-2019 at 04:07 PM.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Experiments in quantum behavior have proven observation collapses wave functions and without an observer you can not talk about reality. Consciousness is intrinsic to reality. Otherwise, all you would have is potential. The current understanding of quantum physics has many believing we are a product of a grand unified consciousness... A supreme being/god that imagines the universe and imagines life through each of us. We are god's dreams

At least that's where the science has led us.

LOL funny, ain't it?

Sky daddy is old and busted
    The new god is you and me and everything and we aren't even really here.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Experiments in quantum behavior have proven observation collapses wave functions and without an observer you can not talk about reality. Consciousness is intrinsic to reality. Otherwise, all you would have is potential. The current understanding of quantum physics has many believing we are a product of a grand unified consciousness... A supreme being/god that imagines the universe and imagines life through each of us. We are god's dreams

At least that's where the science has led us.

LOL funny, ain't it?

Sky daddy is old and busted
    The new god is you and me and everything and we aren't even really here.
    There was a misunderstanding about that. To observe wave particles one must use a special instrument and since the waves and emissions of such instruments interfere with the delicate and tiny wave function we cannot observe them. The act of observation itself doesn't disrupt wave function, it's the equipment.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Part Multi 313 View Post
    There was a misunderstanding about that. To observe wave particles one must use a special instrument and since the waves and emissions of such instruments interfere with the delicate and tiny wave function we cannot observe them. The act of observation itself doesn't disrupt wave function, it's the equipment.
    LOL
    The delayed choice experiment disproves that.
    Last edited by tinfoil; 04-17-2019 at 06:53 PM.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "Scientists have established a link between religious fundamentalism and brain damage"

This explains a lot about those two poor things, Truth Rejector and Big Chihuahua.
    Man, you really have a hair trigger, don't you? I think you're "off" a little, if you know what I mean.
    Every life matters

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Man, you really have a hair trigger, don't you? I think you're "off" a little, if you know what I mean.
    About Truth Rejector and Bigdog? ... no, I don't think so.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gomer View Post
    I got something to say. all you Israel haters need to understand you are hating your brother. we all are descended, one way or another, from Israel. it is the key/ seed of David. all Israel haters are antichrists. cain hates Abel. https://biblehub.com/kjv/genesis/4.htm
    We're all part of the grand consciousness so we are as connected as your foot is to your hand. Does your hand care when your foot gets cold?

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,289 Times in 10,487 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    I think they also discovered a link between politicizing psychiatry and cases of micropenis.
    You think? Link it up, bitch.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    That is actually more LOGICAL than one would think if you know anything about the PRE-FRONTAL cortex. 'EMPATHY' is located there. When traumatized, 'moral judgement' (dare I say punitive judgement kicks in) is altered even when LOGIC stays intact. The variables are individual but MOST of the born agains I know who came to religion, after the age of being 'raised in it', had some trauma, passive or self inflicted, in their past. Early family dysfunction, sexual assault, drugs or alcohol, are the BIGGIES.
    Conservatives also tend to have an enlarged amygdala, which is the fear center. That makes sense, as well.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Scientists have established a link between religious fundamentalism and brain damage
    so is his brain damage proof that lv426 is a religious fundamentalist?.......

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Part Multi 313 View Post
    The human genome is merely 3% unique, which means that 97% of the DNA we have is shared with other mammals and primates. Fetal development can be partial or not reach full growth before the timer to "seal" the baby's fate kicks in, which can be a reason why if your brain development is off within only a few microns in your prefrontal cortex when that timer kicks in then that is all that is needed to cause vast differences in behavior and function. A few small tweaks can change a specie.

Every advance in neuroscience is a hit to psychology. As neuroscience grows psychology shrinks.

As science grows, the myths of religion shrink as well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

LV426 (04-18-2019)

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    then there's the religion of environmentalism. and these nuts want to make heresy illegal. is that creativity and open-mindedness?
    Do environmentalists believe all the animals in the world were on one boat for a year?