Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Thread: Hard Line Conservatives Think Making America Great Again Should Be Free. What BALONEY

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Hard Line Conservatives Think Making America Great Again Should Be Free. What BALONEY

Hard Line Conservatives Think Making America Great Again Should Be Free.

They think they can have this, and it won't cost anything.

They think we can create a better nation, but we won't have to do any work or spend any money doing it.

"We can create a GREAT NATION, and pay less taxes, too!"

Why, they must want it FOR FREE!

It almost sounds too good to be true. (There is a reason for that.)

Now tell me.

What in the world, that is worth having, is free?

How are you supposed to get ANYTHING if you don't work for it and/or pay for it?

They think we can build this great nation and it won't cost any work or any money. It should all be done on lower taxes.

What BALONEY!!!

I guess they also think you can eat cake and lose weight, too.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Man, if Conservative Myths were candy, American conservatives would be the fattest people on the planet.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Conservatives love spending tax money and indulging in fiscal mismanagement.

You could say it is actually their forte.

They stood on the sidelines cheering as the American taxpayer was put on the hook for over a trillion dollars invading and occupying a country that was not a significant threat to us.

They cheered on George Dumbya Bush as he passed the Medicare prescription expansion, simply because they thought it was good politics.

They cheered on the Trumpf tax cuts for the rich scheme even while the resultant trillion dollar deficits stared them in the face.

They cheered on Trumpf's unprecedented and enormously expensive peacetime military buildup.

What they don't like spending tax money is the wrong kind of people - aka, "welfare moms", anyone with brown skin, or anyone deemed "undeserving" of participating in and utilizing the public commons.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-17-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nothing in life is free, but that doesn't stop conservatives from thinking a great country should be.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Nothing in life is free, but that doesn't stop conservatives from thinking a great country should be.
    Like college tuition and health care?

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Like college tuition and health care?
    Correct. Republicans do themselves a great disservice with all this game-playing about the terms: "free college," and "free health care."

Only a total idiot knows these things cost money and that money has to come from somewhere. By acting like Democrats believe this, implying they are total idiots, Republicans show their own stupidity and shallowness in their quick willingness to underestimate people.

By taking such a cheap shot, Republicans show what they are made of.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Flash,

Correct. Republicans do themselves a great disservice with all this game-playing about the terms: "free college," and "free health care."

Only a total idiot knows these things cost money and that money has to come from somewhere. By acting like Democrats believe this, implying they are total idiots, Republicans show their own stupidity and shallowness in their quick willingness to underestimate people.

By taking such a cheap shot, Republicans show what they are made of.
    I don't think that is what they are suggesting by free stuff---they are talking about the cost to American taxpayers.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Hard line antigovernment conspiring GOPer tRump cronies think ripping off the taxpayer and attempting to destroy the common decency of humanity is their form of a code of making a hell bound and destructive Oligarchy, and free to conspire to destroy what's left of civilization at being a regime of modern day barbarism.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

I don't think that is what they are suggesting by free stuff---they are talking about the cost to American taxpayers.
    That's not what I meant. Let's put this into a different context. No, Republicans don't want free college or free health care. They want a free wall, more free prisons, and a free built up military.

They also want free tax breaks for the rich and free commerce by major multinational corporations, saying they shouldn't have to pay any taxes. That's Republicans' idea of making America great again.

And, of course, none of those things are free.

But Republicans are pretending they are.

Their refusal to acknowledge that these things impact the federal budget is why the deficit is nearly a trillion dollars, and the debt is out of control.

VERY irresponsible!

What ever happened to all the Republican deficit hawks?

Crickets!

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Flash,

That's not what I meant. Let's put this into a different context. No, Republicans don't want free college or free health care. They want a free wall, more free prisons, and a free built up military.

They also want free tax breaks for the rich and free commerce by major multinational corporations, saying they shouldn't have to pay any taxes. That's Republicans' idea of making America great again.

And, of course, none of those things are free.

But Republicans are pretending they are.

Their refusal to acknowledge that these things impact the federal budget is why the deficit is nearly a trillion dollars, and the debt is out of control.

VERY irresponsible!

What ever happened to all the Republican deficit hawks?

Crickets!
    I have never seen any Republicans suggesting these things do not impact the budget. I do think many Trump supporters are accepting them because they support Trump, but some of it is just because they support their party in power and find things to criticize about the other party. Republicans are budget hawks when Democrats are in power and Democrats become more concerned about the budget deficits and debt when Republicans are in office. When Democrats are in office they aren't nearly as concerned about the debt.

Some of your other comments are misleading. i don't think Republicans want more free prisons any more than Democrats. In fact, recent reforms are sending fewer people to prison. It is misleading to say the tax breaks are for the wealthy when the bottom 50% has virtually had their federal income taxes eliminated and therefore can't be cut any further leaving the only cuts to those paying income taxes.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

I have never seen any Republicans suggesting these things do not impact the budget. I do think many Trump supporters are accepting them because they support Trump, but some of it is just because they support their party in power and find things to criticize about the other party. Republicans are budget hawks when Democrats are in power and Democrats become more concerned about the budget deficits and debt when Republicans are in office. When Democrats are in office they aren't nearly as concerned about the debt.
    That is incorrect. Clinton left a surplus, GWB left a mess. Obama left a responsibly low deficit, Trump foolishly ran it up during the good economy he inheirted.

It is misleading to say the tax breaks are for the wealthy when the bottom 50% has virtually had their federal income taxes eliminated and therefore can't be cut any further leaving the only cuts to those paying income taxes.
    And this reduces the deficit, how? Taxes never made a rich man poor. It is true the rich pay more than the poor. That is because they are able to, and without their important contributions, the nation could not be great.