Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Confused Liberal

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Another Confused Liberal

The democratic canidate for Governor of Cali says he will pull the troops out of Iraq. Is he confused as to what a governor does and what the President does? LOL

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The dems in Calif think they run the country so this is not surprising.

its no wonder Arnold is doing well.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four than you do with just a kind word.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No its the Bush derangement syndrom, they just can't get a grip on reality.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You guys apparently don't understand the state national guard system. The governor of each states national guard has the power to withdraw troops from a mission.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

exactly.....

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I wonder what percentage of troops in nam err Iraq are Nat. Guard ?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    I wonder what percentage of troops in nam err Iraq are Nat. Guard ?
    And from California? Good question.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

From Ca and or total.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    exactly.....
    Poor tody, my main man, you're going to have to go back to civics and learn some basic things about the organizational structure of the states and federal governments and their respective responsibilites and such. You might talk to Dixie too about all that "States Rights" stuff, he could have told you right away that the National Guard is the responsibility of the governor of the states in which they are stationed.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Um...

http://www.arng.army.mil/about_us/pr..._our_world.asp

During peacetime each state National Guard answers to the leadership in the 50 states, three territories and the District of Columbia. During national emergencies, however, the President reserves the right to mobilize the National Guard, putting them in federal duty status. While federalized, the units answer to the Combatant Commander of the theatre in which they are operating and, ultimately, to the President.
    And according to the War Powers Act, the President has the right to Federalize the Guard when he is authorized by that Act to use Military Force....

So, in other words... toby was right, the Governor of California cannot recall troops from Iraq, even the ones from the California National Guard as they are Federalized during "Wartime"....

I thank you...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Damo,
    An official declaration of war was never declared. Doesn't that make the rules a bit fuzzy ?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

please provide the link that shows that Bush has indeed federalized the California National Guard - that right you say that he MAY exercise. If you can show that, then maybe you have something

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, according to the War Powers Act the vote gave him that authority. That isn't very "fuzzy". When the congress voted, using that act, they gave him the authority.

And Maineman, by ordering them overseas they were Federalized they are now under the command of the Highest officer of that theater and according to their own site next step up is the President...

We can pretend otherwise, but the Governor of California cannot recall his NG while they are in Iraq under the War Powers Act.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    The democratic canidate for Governor of Cali says he will pull the troops out of Iraq. Is he confused as to what a governor does and what the President does? LOL
    God you're stupid beyond measure. There's no way a real person can be this stupid.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Um...

http://www.arng.army.mil/about_us/pr..._our_world.asp

And according to the War Powers Act, the President has the right to Federalize the Guard when he is authorized by that Act to use Military Force....

So, in other words... toby was right, the Governor of California cannot recall troops from Iraq, even the ones from the California National Guard as they are Federalized during "Wartime"....

I thank you...
    The governer of Wyoming (or some other western state) has already withdrawn his.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34