Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The left sneers at those who do not have college degrees.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Isn't it true that many on the left claim to "champion the poor" and "care about the average American" and then mocks those who "shop at Walmart", live in "flyover country" etc.?
    Yup... They don't realize what rural life is like. They don't realize how their luxuries get to them in the first place...

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    That is your idea of a relevant post? Of course, it is. that is all you can bring. Makeup shit and insult. A genuine bottom-feeder.
    Whining about insults WHILE insulting people??? Interesting...

I would suggest getting control over your anger...

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Just what am I making up Jade? How many posts have you seen on JPP that say blue states are better educated and more intelligent than red states. So what is your problem?
    He didn't seem to care when guano posted a thread claiming that 'most Republicans don’t like higher education," and cited a poll.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Yup... They don't realize what rural life is like. They don't realize how their luxuries get to them in the first place...
    I suspect that many do know firsthand what rural life is like, and misrepresent their circumstances in order to fit the leftist elitist narrative.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,564 Times in 52,769 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

The next time you lefties need your car repaired, plumber, electrician, general maintenance man or any of the myriad of professions that require specialized training and not a sheep skin. Insist that they be college educated then see how long it takes to get the needed repairs. College is great for many professions but often technical schools are just as demanding when it comes to knowledge and intelligence as many college degree programs. So sneer at the poor uneducated boob fixing your plumbing making $40 an hour with no student debt. Yea a college degree really makes one superior. I have an advanced Bachelors degree so I am speaking from experience.
    Not sure where you get this idea from, but I can assure you that it is false. Personally I would dearly love to see trade schools funded as well as other schools, and the trades given the same recognition and respect that white-collar professionals get. As you pointed out, we need plumbers, mechanics, electricians, day care and food service workers, carpenters, roofers, etc. We need 'em a lot more than we need more lawyers or English majors.

Wouldn't a work-for-tuition scheme be great with our immigrants too? Rather than paying them crap wages under the table, let's set up some schools teaching needed skills for them. They can work to pay for their tuition, and we can require that if they bring a spouse he/she has to work too even if they aren't attending school.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Aimée (04-19-2019), christiefan915 (04-16-2019), JPF (04-16-2019), Phantasmal (04-23-2019)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,564 Times in 52,769 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    What is it that Jade does for a living/career/occupation/employment/vocation/position/trade*again? Someone remind me....
    He doesn't pretend to be a "teacher," we know that much.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-16-2019), Guno צְבִי (04-23-2019), Mason Michaels (04-17-2019)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just what am I making up Jade? How many posts have you seen on JPP that say blue states are better educated and more intelligent than red states. So what is your problem?
    Why? Because despite what your intellect may be, we have a lot of people being drug around by the nose, by a serial liar. Every time he fails to deliver it's still the same droned out nonsense. They buy into his uncultured, and unintelligible babble all the time. Just the fact, that such tactics is working, means the reptilian brain is being utilized more, and intelligence isn't.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

The next time you lefties need your car repaired, plumber, electrician, general maintenance man or any of the myriad of professions that require specialized training and not a sheep skin. Insist that they be college educated then see how long it takes to get the needed repairs. College is great for many professions but often technical schools are just as demanding when it comes to knowledge and intelligence as many college degree programs. So sneer at the poor uneducated boob fixing your plumbing making $40 an hour with no student debt. Yea a college degree really makes one superior. I have an advanced Bachelors degree so I am speaking from experience.
    Don't be silly. Leftists are the ones who want to help the working-class. Righties are the ones who want to let big business continue to fuck over the working-class.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 11,568 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Don't be silly. Leftists are the ones who want to help the working-class. Righties are the ones who want to let big business continue to fuck over the working-class.
    Is that right? Then explain how your fellow lefties here brag how much better educated blue states are and how red state people are knuckle dragging red necks. Sorry your hipocrisy is showing.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 11,568 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Why? Because despite what your intellect may be, we have a lot of people being drug around by the nose, by a serial liar. Every time he fails to deliver it's still the same droned out nonsense. They buy into his uncultured, and unintelligible babble all the time. Just the fact, that such tactics is working, means the reptilian brain is being utilized more, and intelligence isn't.
    If I'm not mistaken I didn't mention Trump in any way shape or form. I simply paraphrase what the left claims endlessly. So I don't have an answer.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Whining about insults WHILE insulting people??? Interesting...

I would suggest getting control over your anger...
    No anger. Bemusement.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-16-2019)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 41 Posts

Very true. Yet they're still as effete and ineffectual as they were when they were born.
    The anti-Trumper's new mantra:

“B-b-but muh White supremacy”

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Is that right? Then explain how your fellow lefties here brag how much better educated blue states are and how red state people are knuckle dragging red necks. Sorry your hipocrisy is showing.
    Not bragging. Those are just real statistics that are available to all. Yes, Dems overall are more highly educated. That is called a statistic, not a brag. Those and many other stats are used to target voters. Why are you offended by stats?

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I suspect that many do know firsthand what rural life is like, and misrepresent their circumstances in order to fit the leftist elitist narrative.
    Good point... Very possible...

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 33 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Not sure where you get this idea from, but I can assure you that it is false. Personally I would dearly love to see trade schools funded as well as other schools, and the trades given the same recognition and respect that white-collar professionals get. As you pointed out, we need plumbers, mechanics, electricians, day care and food service workers, carpenters, roofers, etc. We need 'em a lot more than we need more lawyers or English majors.

Wouldn't a work-for-tuition scheme be great with our immigrants too? Rather than paying them crap wages under the table, let's set up some schools teaching needed skills for them. They can work to pay for their tuition, and we can require that if they bring a spouse he/she has to work too even if they aren't attending school.
    What? Are you trying to tell us the you’ve never sneered at someone just on the basis of whether or not they have a college degree? I know that I personally go places with my mortarboard on and my framed diploma and hold in the faces of construction workers, waiters, and most of all dog catchers!!!

<sarcasm off>

The OP doesn’t have this “idea”. This is a smear thread that you have resurrected with your very thoughtful post.

I differ with you on the approach however (I imagine). Here is what I’d do instead of “funding trade schools”, I would take the Social Security model and flip it. The actual proposal is very long but here it is in a nutshell. You get 60 hours of conventional college or the trade school equivalent paid for upfront by Uncle Sam. Over your work life, you pay it back through payroll deductions—plus a small set fee-- not to exceed $200 per month (or $100 per paycheck). The amount of payback would be based on a metric that takes into account your age and how much you spent getting your 60 hours of college or a vocational certificate. This would be open to all Americans. Those just out of HS get 2 years paid. Those in school right now, get 2 years paid (perhaps their final 2 years). Those in a career can get enhancements paid for (LVN can take courses to become an RN for example). Those who are looking to switch careers or are retirees can do so as well. There are caveats for each group which safeguard the program but the gist is that we will have more educated persons without the student debt ball-and-chain.

I really disagree with you on the immigration aspect. There is a system in place for immigrants to become citizens; millions have availed themselves of this system; I recommend the person making “crap wages….under the table” use it. Perhaps we could make it less strenuous and less prosecutorial but there is a system in place.