Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pete Buttigieg Just Terrified Trump By Destroying The Myth Of MAGA

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,011 Times in 11,748 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Well the Irish voted for Varadkar, so who knows?

Attachment 9452

Yeah and we voted for Trump....oh....thatís right...we didnít vote for Trump.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 204 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

That would be the subject of the title of the thread.
    Who is he, why would anyone care ?
    Just because you don't understand it does not make it bad. Celticguy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Earl (04-17-2019)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 31 Posts

I love it ..." President Butti ", likes it up the Butti ! ..... Lolololol .
    Last edited by Vasquezrocks; 04-16-2019 at 06:46 PM.

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,096 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 965 Times in 879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    You have a ďcertificateĒ!
    It's called a "professional license". Your equating it to a driver's license shows how incredibly ignorant you are about the issue lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:

Earl (04-17-2019)

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,340 Times in 5,505 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,235 Times in 1,184 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    It's called a "professional license". Your equating it to a driver's license shows how incredibly ignorant you are about the issue lol.
    “Certificate boy”

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,758 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 327 Times in 301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Mayor Pete Buttigieg wasted no time in destroying the myth behind Trumpís MAGA and making a real appeal to rural and Rust Belt communities.

While kicking off his presidential campaign in South Bend, IN, Buttigieg said, ďAnd thatís why Iím here today. To tell a different story than make America great again. Because thereís a myth being sold to industrial and rural communities, the myth that we can stop the clock and turn it back. It comes from people who think the only way to speak to communities like ours is through resentment and nostalgia. Theyíre selling an impossible promise of returning to a bygone era that was never as good as advertised to begin with. The problem is that theyíre telling us to look for greatness in all the wrong places. Because if thereís one thing that the city of South Bend has shown itís that there is no such thing as an honest politics that revolves around the word again. It is time to walk away from the politics of the past and towards something totally different. So thatís why Iím here today.Ē

who knows maybe someday these slackjaws will get it, figure it out following con men over the cliff don't pay the bills
    This man butt fucker has no chance...u like male cock suckers i see

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 18 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You mean just like Trump did?

No obama said your jobs are gone what gonna wave a magic wand.... trump said the opposite. this is why hillary lost.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reverend_Hellh0und For This Post:

Dark Soul (04-17-2019), Earl (04-17-2019)

11. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,096 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 965 Times in 879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by virgil76 View Post
    ďCertificate boyĒ
    Your equating it to a driver's license shows how incredibly ignorant you are about the issue lol.

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 84 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Mayor Pete Buttigieg wasted no time in destroying the myth behind Trump’s MAGA and making a real appeal to rural and Rust Belt communities.

While kicking off his presidential campaign in South Bend, IN, Buttigieg said, “And that’s why I’m here today. To tell a different story than make America great again. Because there’s a myth being sold to industrial and rural communities, the myth that we can stop the clock and turn it back. It comes from people who think the only way to speak to communities like ours is through resentment and nostalgia. They’re selling an impossible promise of returning to a bygone era that was never as good as advertised to begin with. The problem is that they’re telling us to look for greatness in all the wrong places. Because if there’s one thing that the city of South Bend has shown it’s that there is no such thing as an honest politics that revolves around the word again. It is time to walk away from the politics of the past and towards something totally different. So that’s why I’m here today.”

who knows maybe someday these slackjaws will get it, figure it out following con men over the cliff don't pay the bills
    Yeah......its Queers that are making America Great. Indeed it was just a "MYTH" that the Blue Wall voted for Trump.

13. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 18 Times in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    He's 100% correct.
    Conservative politicians know this too. That's why they use this con every decade. These days, things would be so much better if we could only go back to the eighties. During the eighties, we needed to go back to the fifties. During the fifties, it was the twenties. Conservatism is always about looking to a perfect past that never really existed.
    Trump is not really a conservative and neither are most of his most ardent supporters. True conservatism is constitution focused with limited government intrusion into your life. On a spectrum of conservatism Trump is obviously closer to that end than most of the Democrats that are running against him, but I don’t consider Trump to be a conservative and I do fear that he has stained that title and movement. I personally don’t think Trump or many of his staunch supporters care about that though since they are in essence creating a new ideology. I’m not saying this is good or bad, it’s just my thoughts on it.

14. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No obama said your jobs are gone what gonna wave a magic wand.... trump said the opposite. this is why hillary lost.
    Oh I agree. That and her advisors told her the Great Lakes region wasn’t diverse enough to prioritize. That and the Electoral College. She would have won a direct election.

Be that as it may Trump did indeed win on working class issues and if a Democrat defeats Trump in 2020 it will be by co-opting working class issues and labor rights.

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,238 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 463 Times in 417 Posts

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Who is he, why would anyone care ?
    He is a candidate for President. Plenty of people care who gets elected President. Everyone should care because apathy doesn't make America great.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Flame on me, mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you go on my PERMANENT Ignore List. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I won't participate in your threads, you will be banned from mine. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: if you like my PIP, feel free to use it. It works well.

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    Trump is not really a conservative and neither are most of his most ardent supporters. True conservatism is constitution focused with limited government intrusion into your life. On a spectrum of conservatism Trump is obviously closer to that end than most of the Democrats that are running against him, but I don’t consider Trump to be a conservative and I do fear that he has stained that title and movement. I personally don’t think Trump or many of his staunch supporters care about that though since they are in essence creating a new ideology. I’m not saying this is good or bad, it’s just my thoughts on it.
    I’m sorry Norah but Trump is about as close to a traditional conservative as you can get. I’m afraid you’re confusing a traditional conservative with a political reactionary which what your definition describes.

PS- Nice to see you back.

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 129 Times in 117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    I'd agree that today's New Right, which largely revolves around Trump, is very different from the Conservatism of someone like Ron Paul, who is actually a serious Conservative who opposes war and handouts to the rich.
    But something every generation of the Right seems to have in common is the desire to go back to the past.
    Make the Left Great Again

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 204 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

He is a candidate for President. Plenty of people care who gets elected President. Everyone should care because apathy doesn't make America great.
    So he is beto 2.0?
    Gotcha.
    Just because you don't understand it does not make it bad. Celticguy