1. #46 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello guno,

The fact that Republicans once believed higher education was worth while and now don't - is evidence of the fall of the Republican party. Trump likes the poorly educated and now the whole party is seeing how easily misinformed people can be fooled into voting against their own better interests.

They are in it for the money, folks. They don't care about you. If you're not a billionaire or at least a multi-millionaire and you're voting for the Republican party then you are a fool. The Republican Party doesn't want you to be well educated nor well informed. They want you dumb and hateful. They like easy marks for their con job. And for al you people who really know better but you're shutting up while you get rich off the stock market? Shame on you.
    You just contradicted yourself.
    Why is it that liberals like the illegals and asylum seekers? I assume they are also the "highly educated" in your opinion? Hell, many can't even speak English, how could they operate, much less program one of the CNC's in my former shop? Can they hand grind tooling? Figure tapers?
    You think you're so educated, have you worked your way up to a position doing interviews and hiring? I'm not talking about these college educated "human resources" assholes that have no idea of what they are hiring for, I'm talking about someone who actually has the experience doing what they are hiring for. I highly doubt it. I did.
    Oh, and by the way, I didn't get rich on the stock market, but made enough to retire at 58. Will you?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #47 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Great if you want to be a hairdresser the rest of your life, dumbfuck,

One can only drywall and roof for so many years, pally.
    One of my friends is a hairdresser, he drives a Porsche GT3 RS as his pleasure car. (look it up dickhead, it's not a cheap car).
    I also have friends that have both interior and roofing businesses who are doing quite well. I'd be willing to bet much better than you.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (04-16-2019)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Why is it that liberals like the illegals and asylum seekers? I assume they are also the "highly educated" in your opinion? Hell, many can't even speak English, how could they operate, much less program one of the CNC's in my former shop? Can they hand grind tooling? Figure tapers?
    You think you're so educated, have you worked your way up to a position doing interviews and hiring? I'm not talking about these college educated "human resources" assholes that have no idea of what they are hiring for, I'm talking about someone who actually has the experience doing what they are hiring for. I highly doubt it. I did.
    Oh, and by the way, I didn't get rich on the stock market, but made enough to retire at 58. Will you?
    Thanks for reading your resume.
    I'm sure someone gives a fuck.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    When people were supposedly voting in their own better interests their economic position was declining according to many posters.
    They voted for President Obama, but Republicans did everything in their power to prevent success and/or a flourishing middle class.

They tell us that their jobs were lost to overseas manufacturers, their wages and benefits declined, their unions had declining membership.
    All of this was going on before, during and after. President Obama decided to go after healthcare, which caused a huge resistance. It is not his fault that Republicans, through their resistance, empowered the big corporations and super-rich, further eroding the middle class.

Why should they keep voting for a party that was supposedly in their own better interests when their position steadily deteriorated? No wonder they switched parties.
    President Obama, lacking the support of Republicans unwilling to stand up to big money and big power in the name of the people, was forced to make a deal with the insurance industry and big pharma. Yes, President Obama stepped squarely on the third rail of politics and survived, but the cost was steep.

None of this means that Republicans have done a good job. Quite the contrary. They couldn't fix healthcare or the debt problem. They have only made these things worse. Coal workers and factory workers are still being laid off, student debt is soaring, and most of the nation is living precariously paycheck to paycheck. Wealth inequality is more extreme than ever and the deficit is out of control, rapidly approaching a trillion dollars. We can't reduce taxes so low that the revenue is a trillion below expenses for long without causing a debt recession. Better pull out of the market now or there may not be time when the crash happens.

But if you feel secure with the way things are going just leave it all in and let it ride. If you've got plenty of time it will come back some day.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Great if you want to be a hairdresser the rest of your life, dumbfuck,

One can only drywall and roof for so many years, pally.
    Are you not for this push some are making to increase trade school and other specialty school attendance?

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Nope. B S from a world class university. LOL
    domer wishes he had finished high school so he could have gotten into a second rate junior college.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

MAGA MAN (04-16-2019)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Are you not for this push some are making to increase trade school and other specialty school attendance?
    Like all 'rats, he has great disdain for the people that his party claims to represent.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

I think that the key point about Republicans, Tories and the like is that those who attend institutions of higher education do so only to make more money afterwards, make the right contacts and so on- they have no respect for or interest in education per se, and detest any signs of independent thinking anywhere, ever. Those are the leaders: the herd of mugs couldn't live with any higher form of education as it would lead them to question the lies they live by, and possibly bring reprisals from their masters.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-16-2019)

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One of my friends is a hairdresser, he drives a Porsche GT3 RS as his pleasure car. (look it up dickhead, it's not a cheap car).
    I also have friends that have both interior and roofing businesses who are doing quite well. I'd be willing to bet much better than you.
    One of the wealthiest guys I know is a landscaper. He just built a huge house about 1/2 mile down a unpaved road in our resort town, then had the road paved so he wouldnt get his cars dirty.

A contractor that I know in the Appalachians, great skier, travels to his house in Argentina every summer to have his kids ski (train) year 'round. He met his wife there (their mother). She looks like a former super model.

My pool guy winters in South America for four months of the year.

Guys like domer-nomad have no concept- too busy rubbing each other's butts and pole smoking.

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    I think that the key point about Republicans, Tories and the like is that those who attend institutions of higher education do so only to make more money afterwards, make the right contacts and so on- they have no respect for or interest in education per se, and detest any signs of independent thinking anywhere, ever. Those are the leaders: the herd of mugs couldn't live with any higher forms of education as it would lead them to question the lies they live by, and possibly bring reprisals from their masters.
    Actresses Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman, college coaches — including USC, UCLA — accused in admissions bribery scheme

Do you think these folks are Republicans lol?

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

PoliTalker is a failure who wants the government to step in and redistribute success to fix what he failed to do.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

MAGA MAN (04-16-2019)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    PoliTalker is a failure who wants the government to step in and redistribute success to fix what he failed to do.
    Pole Taker....

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I haven't the faintest idea. What have they got to do with education?

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    I haven't the faintest idea. What have they got to do with education?
    These are Hollywood types- of course they are not Republicans. And they bribed college administrators to get their sorry ass kids into elite schools "only to make more money afterwards, make the right contacts and so on- they have no respect for or interest in education per se, and detest any signs of independent thinking anywhere, ever..."

Jeebus Cripes. I just destroyed your position and you still have no clue...

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    These are Hollywood types- of course they are not Republicans. And they bribed college administrators to get their sorry ass kids into elite schools so they could "make the right contacts and so on..."

Jeebus Cripes. I just destroyed your position and you still have no clue...
    I can't see what one lot of crooks proves. Why do you suppose all crooks are Republicans, just because all Republicans are crooks? I don't know the politics of these people, but they certainly don't care about educations. I'm afraid your obsession with money is eating away your mind!