1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Is there ANY evidence liberals do?
    So funny that the usual libs can't argue against my position, lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-15-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Especially the trump variety

Let’s start with the good news. In a national survey released last week by the Pew Research Center, a solid majority of Americans, 55 percent, have positive views of higher education.

But that finding camouflages a worrisome partisan split: The poll noted that while 72 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents said higher education had a positive impact on the nation, 58 percent of Republican and Republican-leaning independents said it had a negative effect. Just 36 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents said colleges and universities had a positive effect.

\
    Even more troubling is that Republican support has cratered in two years, from 54 percent favorable in 2015 to 36 percent favorable today. There is no way to sugarcoat these findings for an industry that depends on widespread, deep public support to be effective. We ignore them at our peril.

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Wh...s-Don-t/240691
    College is way overrated.
    How many liberal arts majors out there with a college bill of $200,000 working some minimum wage job.
    Good luck supporting yourself. Are you back living with mom and dad.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tkaffen For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-15-2019)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Let’s start with the good news. In a national survey released last week by the Pew Research Center, a solid majority of Americans, 55 percent, have positive views of higher education.

But that finding camouflages a worrisome partisan split: The poll noted that while 72 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents said higher education had a positive impact on the nation, 58 percent of Republican and Republican-leaning independents said it had a negative effect. Just 36 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents said colleges and universities had a positive effect.

\
    Even more troubling is that Republican support has cratered in two years, from 54 percent favorable in 2015 to 36 percent favorable today. There is no way to sugarcoat these findings for an industry that depends on widespread, deep public support to be effective. We ignore them at our peril.

The fact that Republicans once believed higher education was worth while and now don't - is evidence of the fall of the Republican party. Trump likes the poorly educated and now the whole party is seeing how easily misinformed people can be fooled into voting against their own better interests.

They are in it for the money, folks. They don't care about you. If you're not a billionaire or at least a multi-millionaire and you're voting for the Republican party then you are a fool. The Republican Party doesn't want you to be well educated nor well informed. They want you dumb and hateful. They like easy marks for their con job. And for al you people who really know better but you're shutting up while you get rich off the stock market? Shame on you.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

it is amusing that the senile semite thinks education is higher.........

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is nothing wrong with higher education, but there is a lot wrong with universities. If I were starting over as a young person in 2019, I would just skip the higher education unless I was after a career that required it.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    So funny that the usual libs can't argue against my position, lol.
    We merely laugh at it, dumbfuck.

You with an AA certificate from some second rate junior college.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    There is nothing wrong with higher education, but there is a lot wrong with universities. If I were starting over as a young person in 2019, I would just skip the higher education unless I was after a career that required it.
    Great if you want to be a hairdresser the rest of your life, dumbfuck,

One can only drywall and roof for so many years, pally.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

In my opinion, the reason why repukes are against higher education is an effort to keep their base as uneducated, ignorant and easy to manipulate as possible in order for them to sinisterly prey on the uninformed to steal elections and carry on in their unAmerican and fiendish atrocities on society. Thus, DeVos, 45's main draconian demagogue who's conspiracy against education in America is an effort to destroy the right and privilege of all Americans to become properly educated because the witch knows that would be beneficial for democracy, civilization and the common decency of humanity. I would not be surprised if there is a place in hell waiting for this wicked and treasonous woman that all of her ill gotten gains that she will leave behind will not do anything for her soul.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,656 Times in 4,436 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump likes the poorly educated and now the whole party is seeing how easily misinformed people can be fooled into voting against their own better interests.
    When people were supposedly voting in their own better interests their economic position was declining according to many posters. They tell us that their jobs were lost to overseas manufacturers, their wages and benefits declined, their unions had declining membership. Why should they keep voting for a party that was supposedly in their own better interests when their position steadily deteriorated? No wonder they switched parties.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

\

It isnt that Republicans oppose learning and becoming highly educated. Most Republicans are very highly educated and/or certified for many advanced and demanding careers. Most Republicans oppose sending their sons and daughters to college because of the social climate. Yale is a whole new baseball game now in contrast to the 1960s and the 1970s when most Republican senators went to college themselves. They simply answered no because the question wasnt specific enough to single out the reason they oppose "higher education". I bet you a Democrat designed this poll.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Great if you want to be a hairdresser the rest of your life, dumbfuck,

One can only drywall and roof for so many years, pally.
    I do not wish to be a hairdresser, drywaller, or roofer.

The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Part Multi 313 View Post
    It isnt that Republicans oppose learning and becoming highly educated. Most Republicans are very highly educated and/or certified for many advanced and demanding careers. Most Republicans oppose sending their sons and daughters to college because of the social climate. Yale is a whole new baseball game now in contrast to the 1960s and the 1970s when most Republican senators went to college themselves. They simply answered no because the question wasnt specific enough to single out the reason they oppose "higher education". I bet you a Democrat designed this poll.
    "Most Republicans are very highly educated and/or certified for many advanced and demanding careers."

Really? Can you cite statistics?

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    We merely laugh at it, dumbfuck.

You with an AA certificate from some second rate junior college.
    Nope. B S from a world class university. LOL

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPF View Post
    "Most Republicans are very highly educated and/or certified for many advanced and demanding careers."

Really? Can you cite statistics?
    You seem very high strung. I can actually hear your words as I read them. Are you an air condioner?

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

One, who has the ability to learn yet still refuses to accept critical thinking and empirical data, is stupid.

That defines most GOP and quite a few Dems.