Trump is a Test Of Our Freedom Of Speech. We Must Let Him Have his say, but we don't have to listen to him or believe him.

This tests our freedom of speech because if we really have such freedom, then any person, even a crazy one, must be granted the same right. Even President Trump. Then the people can decide what to believe.

It also tests our resolve to stand up for what is right. Trump tests our ability to really determine what is right and what is wrong. If we are to choose what is right; and reject what is wrong, then we must choose to reject Trump.

Now, everybody makes mistakes, exercises poor judgement sometimes. Nobody is perfect, we can't expect that. It's a judgement call. Was it just a slip up? Or has it been a pattern of immoral behavior. With Trump, we have to make the judgement call that it has indeed been a pattern of immoral behavior. To support this man is to say his behaviors are OK. But we know: they are not OK.

That's why the established Republican Party was SO RELUCTANT to initially support him during the campaign. Many rejected him. Some went so far as to form a group: 'Never Trump.'

Never Trump

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Now, Trump had a rare chance in the 2016 election. His opponent carried a LOT of baggage. It was a tough choice. Both candidates raised a lot of disgust. Many voters sat out that election. More Democratic voters sat it out than did Republican voters.

Trump got everybody he could out to that election. He's not getting any more. He's never growing his base. There just aren't that many haters in the USA.

Democrats have everything to gain in 2020. They have a lot of seats they can potentially challenge. More Republican seats are coming up for reelection. Exciting new younger, female and increasingly diverse candidates could spark and explosion of interest in voting for Democrats. This could drive masses of additional Democratic voters to the polls in 2020. That, and the chance to get rid of President Trump, could make the 2020 election a very large turnout election, which usually goes to Democrats.

Trump is testing our freedom of speech and our ability to determine right from wrong.

Will we pass?