Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, Legion, Text Drivers are Killers, Bigdog, Evmetro, TOP, Controlled Opposition, volsrock, Yurt and Earl

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The no trolling, personal attacks, or political bluster, discussion.

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    N-E-S-T-L-E-S
    Nestles makes the very best chocolate.
    Mars really,love Snickers!
    You ever have these? I loved them as a kid.

Every life matters

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,028 Times in 6,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Another insult. Calling me a trouble maker.

Not a word about Owl calling me stupid or buttyurt, but I'm a trouble maker.

All I am doing is asking you polite questions.

Do you believe calling someone stupid and then misusing their username from Yurt to buttyurt is NOT troublemaking?
    USfreedom put up the post, and still you act like I said nothing? You're the one who went after me, just for mentioning that you are free to post here, despite our history. I feel kind of stupid, for giving you the chance now. So you basically drop it, or find another discussion.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jade Dragon,

I have to admire your diligence to trying to get people to chill. I really do.

I completely disagree with the thought that it can be done, but the attempt is extremely admirable.

The problem is you can't change people. They have to want to change themselves.

Trolls get off on 'being tough,' and being 'able to take it.' Having no or a small Ignore List is thought to be a source of pride.

I read every page of this thread that wasn't blocked by my own very large Ignore List. It was good to see people trying to be civil, but it was also quite expected that some would not be able to do it.

I remain convinced my approach is best for me. I put it out there plainly and clearly. No second chances. That fact that no exceptions are ever made is what makes it work so effectively. And that also makes it easy to maintain. It hurts sometimes to excommunicate somebody, but making examples out of people turns them into my best advocates. Any grumblings about my intolerance only serve to let others know I am not bluffing and I mean exactly what I say. The result is that people know they have to straighten up when they address me or I will simply stop responding to them permanently. The ones I am left with are all quite sincere. And that's all I sought.

People also know that they can 'drop their guard' with me, that I am not going to attack them. I only attack ideas.

I know that many just want to unload their frustrations with the other side. Not me. I am here to learn and discuss.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I wasn't 'starting anything'.
    JPF said she likes chocolates. Then, I said I like these Vagina Cupcakes (even though I hadn't tried any yet, but they looked yummy), and then USF stated he liked chocolate milk.
    Now, previously, on another thread, USF said he had 7 tattoos, ... and was going to get MORE tattoos in the future. I was, well, I was a bit shocked that this heavily tattooed person would be drinking a 'Chocolate Milk' rather than straight Tequila or a 100 proof Rum. It was just a knee-jerk response to this that I replied with a 'face-palm'.

Why are you picking on me?
    Just to continue the conversation exchange:

1 - Why would I not like Chocolate or Strawberry milk?
    2 - I was never aware that 7 tattoos were regarded as "heavily tattooed". Could you explain how you made such a conclusion?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another insult. Calling me a trouble maker.

Not a word about Owl calling me stupid or buttyurt, but I'm a trouble maker.

All I am doing is asking you polite questions.

Do you believe calling someone stupid and then misusing their username from Yurt to buttyurt is NOT troublemaking?
    That is a very good question and I'm hoping that Jade will politely ask for you to be apologized to.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

May I ask why you feel you need need so much authority over your threads?
    It is Jade's thread and honoring his request(s) should be considered, by all.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    It should be called Assbook.

More people use facebook to show their asses- MUCH LIKE THIS FORUM- rather than showing their face!
    That seems to be a very rude way of addressing other posters.

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    USfreedom put up the post, and still you act like I said nothing? You're the one who went after me, just for mentioning that you are free to post here, despite our history. I feel kind of stupid, for giving you the chance now. So you basically drop it, or find another discussion.
    In defense of Yurt, you might want to look at the posts that I cut and pasted; because it does appear that he was commenting on posts that had been made PRIOR to your announcement.

Just to fair and honest.

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    That is a very good question and I'm hoping that Jade will politely ask for you to be apologized to.
    Don't be silly, no one gets apologies. That's beyond the scope of rules, and not something anyone can do. Otherwise I'd be expecting a few.

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Don't be silly, no one gets apologies. That's beyond the scope of rules, and not something anyone can do. Otherwise I'd be expecting a few.
    If people are being honest and wanting to be seen as following the rules you desire,;why would asking for someone to apologize, be beyond the scope of rules, and not something anyone can do?

Are you saying that if you violated your own rules, that you wouldn't apologize??

11. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In defense of Yurt, you might want to look at the posts that I cut and pasted; because it does appear that he was commenting on posts that had been made PRIOR to your announcement.

Just to fair and honest.
    I know what happened. Jack was complaining about you, and I said that I'm giving Yurt a chance, so he can let you have a chance. Yurt thought I was attacking him, and Owl came in saying how ridiculous that is. There was a bit of back, and forth with Christiefan, about Yurt always calling me a girl. Then you, and Yurt were posting about all the stuff being in violation. I came in with my alerts, and got in a little bit of an argument with, Mason.

12. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

That seems to be a very rude way of addressing other posters.
    You are certainly welcome to post your opinion!

But, so far, I see nothing being positively accomplished by this forum.

Further more, this forum seems to be just a breeding ground for negativity, hatefulness, ignorance, political bloody sport, and bad behavior.

If you really cared about this forum, or you even had pride in your own political beliefs, you would set a better example yourself dude!

13. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If people are being honest and wanting to be seen as following the rules you desire,;why would asking for someone to apologize, be beyond the scope of rules, and not something anyone can do?

Are you saying that if you violated your own rules, that you wouldn't apologize??
    If people were apologizing it would be a wide spread apology. Everyone that was involved would say sorry, and move on. That would be you, Yurt, Mason, Owls, maybe Christie. The only thing I care about is continuing the discussions, and stopping the nonsense. Expecting apologies in a place like this, is like expecting a foot massage, with your Olive Garden meal.

14. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    You are certainly welcome to post your opinion!

But, so far, I see nothing being positively accomplished by this forum.

Further more, this forum seems to be just a breeding ground for negativity, hatefulness, ignorance, political bloody sport, and bad behavior.

If you really cared about this forum, or you even had pride in your own political beliefs, you would set a better example yourself dude!
    Please do try to save it for another discussion though. This is supposed to be a discussion of pleasantries. The forums condition, is why I make discussions like this.

15. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't know what to make for lunch,I want steak,but eating light,for my stress test Thursday.
    Might go with fish,the next two days.
    Then get something good after the stress test Thursday.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?