Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado passes red flag law. Only applies to guns. Cars exempted

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Default Colorado passes red flag law. Only applies to guns. Cars exempted

Crazies driving cars do far more killing than crazies with guns which proves this is NOT about saving lives. It's about making sure citizens cannot fight govt tyranny. When the guns are gone, everything is gone.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/1...-law-colorado/

april 12 2019 Beginning in January, Colorado judges will have the power to temporarily remove firearms from people believed to be at high risk of harming themselves or others, as the state joins more than a dozen others that now have some type of red-flag bill on the books.

Gov. Jared Polis signed House Bill 1177 on Friday at the state Capitol, after nearly two months of contentious legislative hearings marked by a familiar partisan divide over the issue of gun control.

Proponents of the extreme risk protection order bill say it could prove instrumental in reducing the likelihood of another mass shooting while at the same time cutting down on the number of suicides in Colorado. Second Amendment backers say the law runs the risk of depriving Coloradans of their constitutional right to bear arms when it takes effect Jan. 1.

Controversy over the bill is not going to end with its signing into law. About half the counties in the state have passed resolutions declaring themselves “Second Amendment sanctuary counties,” in which they discourage their judges and sheriffs from issuing and carrying out orders to seize weapons.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is disgraceful. Crazies have the right to have guns! It's in the US constitution.

Hopefully this unconstitutional law will be repealed and crazies will be allowed to have guns so they can kill innocent people and even themselves.

But there is a more serious matter re our right to carry guns.

Did you know you aren't allowed to bring your guns into a drumpf rally? What is drumpf afraid of? He is in a room full of gun loving supporters. Noone is going to hurt him.

So come on drumpf. Allow your supporters to bring in guns - especially assault rifles - into your rallies.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    This is disgraceful. Crazies have the right to have guns! It's in the US constitution.

Hopefully this unconstitutional law will be repealed and crazies will be allowed to have guns so they can kill innocent people and even themselves.

Did you know you aren't allowed to bring your guns into a drumpf rally? What is drumpf afraid of? He is in a room full of gun loving supporters. Noone is going to hurt him.

So come on drumpf. Allow your supporters to bring in guns - especially assault rifles - into your rallies.
    It's likely the Secret Service making that rule. It's doubtful that red flag laws will have any effect at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

4. #4 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Crazies are not permitted to posses firearms, it's the law.

Yes, it should be repealed. Crazies will still not be allowed to posses firearms. It's the law.

Yes, the attack on our firearms rights are a serious matter.

Yes, most arenas insurance policies state no firearms permitted, those that don't have their own. Try to get into a concert with a gun. Try to get into a pro sporting event with a gun.
    I doubt Trump would be concerned if his supporters were armed. The problem would be liberals getting in with guns. Hatred clouds a clearer mind.

It's not up to Trump to allow firearms at his rallies. Not that it matters, I'd bet a few do have the permits to own actual assault rifles, and a hell of a lot more own semi-automatic firearms.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (04-13-2019)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Crazies driving cars do far more killing than crazies with guns which proves this is NOT about saving lives. It's about making sure citizens cannot fight govt tyranny. When the guns are gone, everything is gone.
    Is Japan gone? Has anybody told them that they are gone? They should be informed, after all.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Is Japan gone? Has anybody told them that they are gone? They should be informed, after all.
    With their suicide rate, they're pretty close to gone.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    What does this law have to do with "making sure citizens cannot fight govt tyranny"?

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    With their suicide rate, they're pretty close to gone.

Really? And it’s because of lack of guns?

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Really? And it’s because of lack of guns?
    Nothing to do with guns. But their suicide rate exceeds our combined homicide and suicide rates. So much for the efficacy of gun control.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nothing to do with guns. But their suicide rate exceeds our combined homicide and suicide rates. So much for the efficacy of gun control.

Tell us what their gun death rate is.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Stop calling the president drumpf. His name is Trump. You are disgraceful and full of hate to all white people.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We're talking about america, you fool. I don't know or care about nips. When americans are disarmed, tyranny will follow. THINK

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What does this law have to do with "making sure citizens cannot fight govt tyranny"?

Anti-govt activists in CO will now be declared "crazy" by judges and disarmed. THINK

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,069 Times in 3,419 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

And where exactly are you getting your numbers from?

Japan suicide rate in 2016 was 14.3 per 100,000. The suicide rate for the US in 2016 was 13.7 per 100,000.
    Either the suicide rate in the US is more than 10 times the homicide rate or your statement is patently false.

Japan's suicide rate in 2014 was 19.5 per 100,000 when the US was at 13.4.
    https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XLIPx6R7laQ

Homicides in the US occur about 3 times the rate of suicides in the US.
    I guess the only conclusion I can come to is your statement is a flat out lie. Whether you believe it or not speaks to whether you are in touch with reality or not.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

It's likely the Secret Service making that rule. It's doubtful that red flag laws will have any effect at all.

OMG the secret service hates the 2nd amendment!