Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl, lisasanders1964 and Vasquezrocks

Thread: Trump 2016: “WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks!” .. 2019: “I know nothing about WikiLeaks"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump 2016: “WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks!” .. 2019: “I know nothing about WikiLeaks"

He does a good job of playing dumb. Maybe too good. Sure works for Trump fans.

From the link below:

"(Bloomberg) -- Donald Trump made no secret during the 2016 campaign that he appreciated WikiLeaks and founder Julian Assange for publishing thousands of hacked Democratic emails, many of them damaging to Hillary Clinton.

"I love WikiLeaks," he said more than once as the group posted emails stolen by Russian operatives from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s Gmail account.

Once Trump won the presidency, though, the praise gave way to condemnation by top administration officials. His CIA director branded WikiLeaks “a non-state hostile intelligence service,” and his attorney general vowed to see Assange arrested.

By Thursday, that turnabout was complete as Assange was expelled from his long-time hideout in Ecuador’s embassy in London in response to a U.S. extradition request and a criminal indictment. And Trump told reporters in the Oval Office, “I know nothing about WikiLeaks -- it’s not my thing.”

That belies the praise he showered on the organization during his presidential campaign, as well as efforts by supporters to encourage its leaks of stolen Democratic documents -- which often came at key moments, such as just before the Democratic National Convention and just after the Washington Post released a 2005 audiotape of Trump boasting about sexually assaulting women.

“WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks,” Trump said on Oct. 10, 2016, a few days after it began posting Podesta’s emails.

"I have learned so much from WikiLeaks," he told Fox News’s Bret Baier later that month. In the weeks leading up to the election, he called the emails it posted "incredible," "amazing" and a "treasure trove."

People close to Trump communicated with WikiLeaks in hopes of better weaponizing the hacked materials the group had obtained.

Donald Trump Jr. has acknowledged exchanging several private Twitter messages with WikiLeaks in September 2016, weeks before the organization published hacked emails from the Clinton campaign, which would generate headlines that haunted the Democrat’s campaign through Election Day. In the messages, he mostly answered contacts from WikiLeaks politely or not at all, though he didn’t reject communications with the website."

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Trump Goes From ‘I Love WikiLeaks’ to ‘I Know Nothing About WikiLeaks’

"But by last November the president was telling reporters, “I don’t know anything about him. [Assange] Really, I don’t know much about him. I really don’t.”"

So, which is it, President Trump? Do you not know anything - or do you not know much? Those two stories of yours are self-contradictory. Maybe neither is correct, eh?

Same old same old.

Deny - Deflect - Attack.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-12-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (04-12-2019)