Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 910

Thread: A great first step to ending Abortion!

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,548
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 946 Times in 736 Posts
    Groans
    27
    Groaned 69 Times in 64 Posts

    Default A great first step to ending Abortion!

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohi...tbeat-governor

    Ohio Gov. Bill DeWine signed into law on Thursday one of the nation's toughest restrictions on abortion.

    The Republican governor signed the so-called "heartbeat" bill after the state legislature approved the legislation on Wednesday.

    TEXAS BILL THAT COULD IMPOSE DEATH PENALTY ON WOMEN WHO UNDERGO ABORTIONS FAILS IN COMMITTEE

    John Kasich, DeWine's Republican predecessor, vetoed the measure twice while in office. He said such a law would create a costly court battle and likely be found unconstitutional.
    ADVERTISEMENT

    Before DeWine signed the legislation Thursday, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) said they were preparing a constitutional challenge to the law on behalf of Pre-Term Cleveland and three other Ohio abortion clinics.

    "Similar versions of this unconstitutional abortion ban stand 0-4 in federal court. Soon to be 0-5," the Ohio chapter tweeted, while the ACLU said: "We'll see you in court."

    The bill which makes no exceptions for rape or incest is among the most restrictive abortion measures in the country.

    CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

    Other states like Florida, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississipi, Missouri, South Carolina and West Virginia are among the states that have either passed "heartbeat" legislation or are hoping to do so.

    This comes as states like New York, New Mexico, Maryland, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia, among other Democratic-leaning states, are supporting bills that allow abortion up to the moment of birth.

    The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Nicole Darrah covers breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com.

    Let them sue the sick baby killing ghouls, there is nothing in the constitution that states murder be allowed!

  2. The Following 2 Users Groan At Wolverine For This Awful Post:

    christiefan915 (04-12-2019), Miss Margot Frank (04-18-2019)

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

    Granule (04-12-2019), Irish (04-15-2019), Truth Detector (04-12-2019), USFREEDOM911 (04-12-2019)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    38,542
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 4,881 Times in 4,410 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 409 Times in 398 Posts

    Default

    My State's legislature is debating a similar bill.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CFM For This Post:

    Granule (04-12-2019), Wolverine (04-12-2019)

  6. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    15,512
    Thanks
    10,319
    Thanked 3,837 Times in 3,193 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 633 Times in 600 Posts

    Default

    ‘Thank you, Gov. DeWine We should be protecting life, from the beginning, to the end....
    Be the voice for those who have none....

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

    Earl (04-12-2019), Granule (04-12-2019), Wolverine (04-12-2019)

  8. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    78,615
    Thanks
    3,909
    Thanked 18,739 Times in 15,473 Posts
    Groans
    1,910
    Groaned 2,055 Times in 1,952 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post

    This comes as states like New York, New Mexico, Maryland, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia, among other Democratic-leaning states, are supporting bills that allow abortion up to the moment of birth.
    this is a positive step.......people who want to kill their children can always go somewhere like New York........

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    52,548
    Thanks
    14,041
    Thanked 17,374 Times in 11,990 Posts
    Groans
    284
    Groaned 1,100 Times in 1,049 Posts

    Default

    y
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohi...tbeat-governor

    Ohio Gov. Bill DeWine signed into law on Thursday one of the nation's toughest restrictions on abortion.

    The Republican governor signed the so-called "heartbeat" bill after the state legislature approved the legislation on Wednesday.

    TEXAS BILL THAT COULD IMPOSE DEATH PENALTY ON WOMEN WHO UNDERGO ABORTIONS FAILS IN COMMITTEE

    John Kasich, DeWine's Republican predecessor, vetoed the measure twice while in office. He said such a law would create a costly court battle and likely be found unconstitutional.
    ADVERTISEMENT

    Before DeWine signed the legislation Thursday, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) said they were preparing a constitutional challenge to the law on behalf of Pre-Term Cleveland and three other Ohio abortion clinics.

    "Similar versions of this unconstitutional abortion ban stand 0-4 in federal court. Soon to be 0-5," the Ohio chapter tweeted, while the ACLU said: "We'll see you in court."

    The bill which makes no exceptions for rape or incest is among the most restrictive abortion measures in the country.

    CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

    Other states like Florida, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississipi, Missouri, South Carolina and West Virginia are among the states that have either passed "heartbeat" legislation or are hoping to do so.

    This comes as states like New York, New Mexico, Maryland, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia, among other Democratic-leaning states, are supporting bills that allow abortion up to the moment of birth.

    The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Nicole Darrah covers breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com.

    Let them sue the sick baby killing ghouls, there is nothing in the constitution that states murder be allowed!
    You moron. Its Mike Dewine. This comes as a surprise to no one. Mike Dewine is a complete mediocrity glued to the patronage system and completely incapable of independent action. Its why Ohio booted him as a Senator. He only does what the political bosses tell him to do.

    So heres whats going to happen and Dewine will discover why Kasich vetoed this moronic bill.

    As intended this Law, after a shit load of tax payers money has been spent, will be ruled Unconstitutional. The resulting backlash will be Dewine will become a one term governor and the Catholic/Protestant divide in Ohio will be aggravated by going to this extreme with Catholics favorite pet cause, not to mention the utterly unqualified stupid fucks playing doctor here will end up killing women as this law has no life, health, rape or incest exceptions.

    Its bad politics, its extraordinarily stupid public health policy and its unnecessarily divisive, its a waste of tax payers money and it will simultaneously kill women while denying them their constitutionally protected right to privacy.

    The good news is that it means well finally see the end of a serial office seeker and complete mediocrity Mike Dewine.

    In less than 4 years it will be buhbye Mike.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

    christiefan915 (04-12-2019), Cypress (04-12-2019), guno (04-16-2019), Jade Dragon (04-12-2019), LV426 (04-16-2019), Phantasmal (04-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (04-12-2019)

  11. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    15,512
    Thanks
    10,319
    Thanked 3,837 Times in 3,193 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 633 Times in 600 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    y

    You moron. It’s Mike Dewine. This comes as a surprise to no one. Mike Dewine is a complete mediocrity glued to the patronage system and completely incapable of independent action. It’s why Ohio booted him as a Senator. He only does what the political bosses tell him to do.

    So here’s what’s going to happen and Dewine will discover why Kasich vetoed this moronic bill.

    As intended this Law, after a shit load of tax payers money has been spent, will be ruled Unconstitutional. The resulting backlash will be Dewine will become a one term governor and the Catholic/Protestant divide in Ohio will be aggravated by going to this extreme with Catholics favorite pet cause, not to mention the utterly unqualified stupid fucks playing doctor here will end up killing women as this law has no life, health, rape or incest exceptions.

    It’s bad politics, it’s extraordinarily stupid public health policy and it’s unnecessarily divisive, it’s a waste of tax payers money and it will simultaneously kill women while denying them their constitutionally protected right to privacy.

    The good news is that it means we’ll finally see the end of a serial office seeker and complete mediocrity Mike Dewine.

    In less than 4 years it will be buhbye Mike.
    Interesting post....who do you think will replace him? (while it's in place, ‘perhaps women and men will pay more attention reproductive‘ practices....as they should....abortion shouldn't be birth control...)

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

    Wolverine (04-12-2019)

  13. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,635
    Thanks
    4,268
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 4,772 Posts
    Groans
    407
    Groaned 781 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohi...tbeat-governor

    Ohio Gov. Bill DeWine signed into law on Thursday one of the nation's toughest restrictions on abortion.

    The Republican governor signed the so-called "heartbeat" bill after the state legislature approved the legislation on Wednesday.

    TEXAS BILL THAT COULD IMPOSE DEATH PENALTY ON WOMEN WHO UNDERGO ABORTIONS FAILS IN COMMITTEE

    John Kasich, DeWine's Republican predecessor, vetoed the measure twice while in office. He said such a law would create a costly court battle and likely be found unconstitutional.
    –– ADVERTISEMENT ––

    Before DeWine signed the legislation Thursday, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) said they were preparing a constitutional challenge to the law on behalf of Pre-Term Cleveland and three other Ohio abortion clinics.

    "Similar versions of this unconstitutional abortion ban stand 0-4 in federal court. Soon to be 0-5," the Ohio chapter tweeted, while the ACLU said: "We'll see you in court."

    The bill — which makes no exceptions for rape or incest — is among the most restrictive abortion measures in the country.

    CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

    Other states like Florida, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississipi, Missouri, South Carolina and West Virginia are among the states that have either passed "heartbeat" legislation or are hoping to do so.

    This comes as states like New York, New Mexico, Maryland, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia, among other Democratic-leaning states, are supporting bills that allow abortion up to the moment of birth.

    The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Nicole Darrah covers breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com.

    Let them sue the sick baby killing ghouls, there is nothing in the constitution that states murder be allowed!

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

    christiefan915 (04-12-2019), Cypress (04-12-2019), guno (04-16-2019), Jack (04-12-2019), Phantasmal (04-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (04-12-2019)

  15. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    52,548
    Thanks
    14,041
    Thanked 17,374 Times in 11,990 Posts
    Groans
    284
    Groaned 1,100 Times in 1,049 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    this is a positive step.......people who want to kill their children can always go somewhere like New York........
    Im so glad you shared the same concern about sending our young men and women to fight and die and kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians in the immoral war in Iraq.

    Oh wait...you were one of the lemmings who supported the immoral war in Iraq. Gosh that makes you a staggering hypocrite who only believes in the sanctity of life when it’s in the womb.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

  16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

    christiefan915 (04-12-2019), Cypress (04-12-2019), guno (04-16-2019), Jarod (04-12-2019), LV426 (04-16-2019), Nomad (04-16-2019), Phantasmal (04-12-2019), rjhenn (04-16-2019), ThatOwlWoman (04-12-2019)

  17. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    15,512
    Thanks
    10,319
    Thanked 3,837 Times in 3,193 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 633 Times in 600 Posts

    Default

    Oh, the ridiculous cartoons, instead of comments....
    Perhaps one day "someone" will stand behind the "not my problem" mentality,.. ‘instead of just repeating what they've been told to think.

  18. The Following 2 Users Groan At TOP For This Awful Post:

    christiefan915 (04-12-2019), Phantasmal (04-12-2019)

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

    Mott the Hoople (04-12-2019)

  20. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    8,925
    Thanks
    1,496
    Thanked 5,012 Times in 3,699 Posts
    Groans
    399
    Groaned 392 Times in 373 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Thank you, Gov. DeWine We should be protecting life, from the beginning, to the end....
    Be the voice for those who have none....
    Kudos to governor DeWine for supporting the heartbeat bill. But he does get demerits for supporting a $0.28 per gallon gasoline tax. If he manages to pass no permit concealed carry, which he supports, I may forgive him for the gasoline tax, LOL.
    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

    TOP (04-12-2019)

  22. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    52,548
    Thanks
    14,041
    Thanked 17,374 Times in 11,990 Posts
    Groans
    284
    Groaned 1,100 Times in 1,049 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Interesting post....who do you think will replace him? (while it's in place, ‘perhaps women and men will pay more attention reproductive‘ practices....as they should....abortion shouldn't be birth control...)
    Four years out I have no idea. He stood a good chance of being a one term governor regardless as Dewine is a party guy with the personality of an unsalted cracker. He will have strong support in the Catholic community but that’s only about a quarter of the population. He’s dug himself a pretty big hole politically speaking and you could tell by the look on his face at his press conference he was not a happy man. He knows that the odds of a serious political backlash that would end his political career over a law that has a high odds of being ruled unconstitutional are pretty good. But he did what the political bosses told him to do. That’s good ole Mike Dewine. He’s made us the laughing fucking stock of the Midwest. The Mississippi of the Great Lakes. This is just so embarrassing.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

    LV426 (04-16-2019), ThatOwlWoman (04-12-2019)

  24. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    15,512
    Thanks
    10,319
    Thanked 3,837 Times in 3,193 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 633 Times in 600 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Kudos to governor DeWine for supporting the heartbeat bill. But he does get demerits for supporting a $0.28 per gallon gasoline tax. If he manages to pass no permit concealed carry, which he supports, I may forgive him for the gasoline tax, LOL.
    I think gas is still pretty reasonable here....but we only put about Ten thou a year on the car...and we get Kroger and Giant Eagle discounts, so...
    I‘m with you on CC....

  25. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    15,512
    Thanks
    10,319
    Thanked 3,837 Times in 3,193 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 633 Times in 600 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Four years out I have no idea. He stood a good chance of being a one term governor regardless as Dewine is a party guy with the personality of an unsalted cracker. He will have strong support in the Catholic community but that’s only about a quarter of the population. He’s dug himself a pretty big hole politically speaking and you could tell by the look on his face at his press conference he was not a happy man. He knows that the odds of a serious political backlash that would end his political career over a law that has a high odds of being ruled unconstitutional are pretty good. But he did what the political bosses told him to do. That’s good ole Mike Dewine. He’s made us the laughing fucking stock of the Midwest. The Mississippi of the Great Lakes. This is just so embarrassing.
    I like him... (I'm less than pleased with politics here in town... but that's for another thread...)...I want there to be lots and lots of discussion about this issue....But I understand that many feel as you do...However....it's got to happen....
    (We're much better than Mississippi, imho

  26. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    46,986
    Thanks
    33,625
    Thanked 22,296 Times in 15,902 Posts
    Groans
    3,233
    Groaned 2,207 Times in 2,110 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    This says it all! Thank you!
    #Not My President



    Ive known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy, Trump booms from a speakerphone. Hes a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.


    "christiefan" refers to Agatha, not Chris.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    guno (04-16-2019), Jack (04-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (04-12-2019)

  28. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    8,899
    Thanks
    1,330
    Thanked 4,384 Times in 3,331 Posts
    Groans
    910
    Groaned 222 Times in 211 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Im so glad you shared the same concern about sending our young men and women to fight and die and kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians in the immoral war in Iraq.

    Oh wait...you were one of the lemmings who supported the immoral war in Iraq. Gosh that makes you a staggering hypocrite who only believes in the sanctity of life when it’s in the womb.
    Hate to tell you but all wars are immoral based on it's definition.

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Wiretapped Trump: Step by Step
    By tsuke in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-16-2019, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-23-2018, 09:32 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2018, 07:29 PM
  4. Obama Wiretapped Trump: Step by Step
    By tsuke in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-14-2017, 06:33 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 06:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •