Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: A great first step to ending Abortion!

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Continued psychoquackery...
    It's hilarious that women in your life lie to your face about abortion because they know you are too emotionally fragile to talk about it.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, but people's views on the morality of abortion is different...
    People's personal, regional views are not germane to a pregnancy.

3. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,697 Times in 16,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    People's personal, regional views are not germane to a pregnancy.
    Do you have children? Did you not recognize them as children until they were actually born?
    Weren't they your unborn children from the time 'you became aware of the pregnancy?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

gfm7175 (04-17-2019)

5. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,861 Times in 3,140 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

That seems to have rattled you.
    Not in the slightest.

What I find from Conservatives is that the thing they are screeching about is most likely not the thing that causes them so much grief in the first place; it's usually a cover for some deeply personal conflict raging within you.
    Bigotry. Psychoquackery.

You lack the basic emotional intelligence to resolve those inner conflicts, so they manifest in things like your position on abortion.
    More psychoquackery.

You aren't very complex people; it's not hard to figure out what makes you tick. You make it really easy for everyone.
    More psychoquackery...

Any further psychoquackery and/or bigotry from you will be ignored on sight, as it is not adding anything substantive to this discussion...

6. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Do you have children? Did you not recognize them as children until they were actually born?
    Weren't they your unborn children from the time 'you became aware of the pregnancy?
    I don't have kids and don't want kids.

I loathe children.

But my personal views on children have nothing to do with a woman's choice to have an abortion.

7. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not in the slightest.
    I don't believe your sincerity here.

Women in your life, that you trust, are lying to you about abortion because they don't trust you.

Women in your life don't trust you.

8. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bigotry. Psychoquackery.
    How is it bigotry?

You keep leaning on the "psychoquackery" but you don't actually refute it.

Then you posture that it doesn't get to you, when it clearly does.

Look at us now, having a debate about your sincerity. This is exactly where I wanted this debate to be. I know you're not sincere in your beliefs. I think you know that too.

9. #323 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't have kids and don't want kids.

I loathe children.

But my personal views on children have nothing to do with a woman's choice to have an abortion.
    So why are you even commenting?

10. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Any further psychoquackery and/or bigotry from you will be ignored on sight, as it is not adding anything substantive to this discussion...
    Well, the problem is that we can't have a debate about abortion without debating why you have the position you have.

We know it's got nothing to do with the sanctity of life...so what is it really about?

I believe it's about control. You want to control women legislatively because you cannot control them in your personal life. The fact that you cannot control women makes you angry because you think you're entitled to that control. I want to know where that entitlement came from.

11. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

It's highly likely there are several women in your life who have had an abortion and who have not told you about it because they don't trust you.
    It's highly likely you are nuts!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

gfm7175 (04-17-2019)

13. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's so not about "control"....

14. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nice goalpost shift.

So you're not about the sanctity of life, you're just about controlling women and forcing them to birth your rape baby.

Stop. Just stop.
    That is the stupidest thing I have read in awhile, that you can't see the difference between ending the life of a murderer, and an innocent human, does not surprise me!

I have never raped anyon!

15. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're the ones who were so driven to anger that you had to shoot a doctor in a church and bomb abortion clinics.

You're also the people who shoot up temples, churches, supermarkets, Waffle Houses, schools, yoga studios, and movie theaters.

Spare me this bullshit.
    Nonsense you need mental help!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

gfm7175 (04-17-2019)

17. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A fetus isn't a person.

Secondly, abortion is none of your business.

Thirdly, the reason a woman gets an abortion will never be your business.

Finally, abortion has nothing to do with you and your crocodile tears about the sanctity of life.

No one buys it anymore. The playbook is old and stale.
    What you call fetus is a human being, and that is all it will ever be, you call it fetus to soothe your aching, soul ghoul!

18. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohi...tbeat-governor

Ohio Gov. Bill DeWine signed into law on Thursday one of the nation's toughest restrictions on abortion.

The Republican governor signed the so-called "heartbeat" bill after the state legislature approved the legislation on Wednesday.

TEXAS BILL THAT COULD IMPOSE DEATH PENALTY ON WOMEN WHO UNDERGO ABORTIONS FAILS IN COMMITTEE

John Kasich, DeWine's Republican predecessor, vetoed the measure twice while in office. He said such a law would create a costly court battle and likely be found unconstitutional.
    –– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Before DeWine signed the legislation Thursday, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) said they were preparing a constitutional challenge to the law on behalf of Pre-Term Cleveland and three other Ohio abortion clinics.

"Similar versions of this unconstitutional abortion ban stand 0-4 in federal court. Soon to be 0-5," the Ohio chapter tweeted, while the ACLU said: "We'll see you in court."

The bill — which makes no exceptions for rape or incest — is among the most restrictive abortion measures in the country.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Other states like Florida, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississipi, Missouri, South Carolina and West Virginia are among the states that have either passed "heartbeat" legislation or are hoping to do so.

This comes as states like New York, New Mexico, Maryland, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Virginia, among other Democratic-leaning states, are supporting bills that allow abortion up to the moment of birth.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Nicole Darrah covers breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com.

Let them sue the sick baby killing ghouls, there is nothing in the constitution that states murder be allowed!
    Unfortunately, the right isn't interested in the abortion issue out of a concern for fetal life. If they were, they'd focus first on the low-hanging fruit -- all the ways you can prevent unnecessary fetal deaths without criminalizing a woman's decision to end an unwanted pregnancy. If they focused there, they'd find many on the left were their strongest allies. Among those ideas (most of which I stole from another forum):

(1) Make sure high-reliability contraception is convenient and affordable for everyone (e.g., get rid of the rule that lets certain privileged bosses deny their employees contraception coverage under their health insurance plans).

(2) Roll out proven birth-control education (e.g., sex-ed focused on preventative measures rather than the proven failure of abstinence-only education).

(3) Provide better subsidies for pre-natal healthcare (this will reduce miscarriages, which are obviously a threat to fetal life).

(4) Provide paid maternity leave (not only will this make taking a pregnancy to term more economically practical for people living paycheck to paycheck, but it will also cut down on women with complicated pregnancies engaging in the risky practice of working right up to delivery because they can't afford to have their income interrupted, and that will mean fewer pre-term births and miscarriages).

(5) Work to reduce the social stigma for unwed motherhood, which will cut back on abortions that occur because a woman can't face the stigma of people knowing she got pregnant out of wedlock.

(6) Better subsidies for obstetric and neonatal care, to cut down on infant mortality.

(7) Better subsidies for child care, so more economically distressed women can see a realistic path to raising a child.

(8) More government regulation of large-serving sugary drinks and other drivers of obesity (obesity significantly increases miscarriage rates).

Each of those things would reduce deaths by a lot more than tilting at windmills with abortion-criminalization laws, which will only tend to force the procedures underground or out of the country. This isn't like the pre-Roe era, when it was difficult for women to get abortions through means other than domestic clinics. These days, with the Internet, abortion pills, and cheap international travel, even if abortion were illegal nation-wide, most women with unwanted pregnancies would be able to figure out a work-around. So, other than the sick thrill of making their lives harder by forcing them into an illegal procedure or a trip abroad, there's little to be gained by the tack the right wing is taking. So, why aren't they taking a more effective and cooperative tack to reduce fetal deaths? The answer, of course, is that punishing women is the entirety of the point. They simply don't care about those fetuses, other than as an excuse for attacking women who make sexual decisions they don't approve of.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-17-2019), LV426 (04-17-2019), rjhenn (04-17-2019)