Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosenstein Breaks Silence on Barr’s Handling of Mueller Repor~Criticiism bizarre

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Rosenstein Breaks Silence on Barr’s Handling of Mueller Repor~Criticiism bizarre

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was the person who appointed Robert Mueller as Special Counsel in the first place, due to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions recusal from overseeing the Russia probe. Ever since William Barr was installed as Attorney General, Rosenstein has been an increasingly invisible figure, even though he apparently agreed with Barr that the evidence “wasn’t sufficient” to allege that President Donald Trump obstructed justice.

Rosenstein, having witnessed the backlash over Barr’s four-page letter detailing Mueller’s “principal conclusions,” decided to comment on recent events Thursday in the Wall Street Journal.

Rosenstein said that, contrary to what critics have said, Barr has been “as forthcoming as he can” about the reductions of Mueller’s 400-page Russia report.

Barr has said that there would be redactions in four key areas: grand jury information, intel sources and methods, information on peripheral/uncharged third parties, and information that would jeopardize ongoing DOJ prosecutions. Barr said these redactions would be “color-coded” and accompanied by “explanatory notes.” He also said that the “special counsel and his staff are helping select the information in the report that falls into those [four] categories.” Barr further stated that Mueller declined to review the controversial four-page letter.

Rosenstein stated the idea that Barr is trying to be deceptive is off-base and “bizarre.”

“He’s being as forthcoming as he can, and so this notion that he’s trying to mislead people, I think is just completely bizarre,” he said.

“It would be one thing if you put out a letter and said, ‘I’m not going to give you the report,'” he added. “What he said is, ‘Look, it’s going to take a while to process the report. In the meantime, people really want to know what’s in it. I’m going to give you the top-line conclusions.’ That’s all he was trying to do.”

Rosenstein also said Americans should have “tremendous confidence” in Barr.

Notably, Rosenstein didn’t comment about Barr suggesting that there may have been “unauthorized surveillance” of the Trump campaign in 2016. Barr clarified that he didn’t have evidence of that and wasn’t stating as fact that it happened.

Rosenstein is expected to depart the DOJ soon.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why is Rosenstein leaving the DOJ? His support for trump and barr should protect him from being fired. trump REWARDS people who kiss his butt.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was the person who appointed Robert Mueller as Special Counsel in the first place, due to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions recusal from overseeing the Russia probe. Ever since William Barr was installed as Attorney General, Rosenstein has been an increasingly invisible figure, even though he apparently agreed with Barr that the evidence “wasn’t sufficient” to allege that President Donald Trump obstructed justice.

Rosenstein, having witnessed the backlash over Barr’s four-page letter detailing Mueller’s “principal conclusions,” decided to comment on recent events Thursday in the Wall Street Journal.

Rosenstein said that, contrary to what critics have said, Barr has been “as forthcoming as he can” about the reductions of Mueller’s 400-page Russia report.

Barr has said that there would be redactions in four key areas: grand jury information, intel sources and methods, information on peripheral/uncharged third parties, and information that would jeopardize ongoing DOJ prosecutions. Barr said these redactions would be “color-coded” and accompanied by “explanatory notes.” He also said that the “special counsel and his staff are helping select the information in the report that falls into those [four] categories.” Barr further stated that Mueller declined to review the controversial four-page letter.

Rosenstein stated the idea that Barr is trying to be deceptive is off-base and “bizarre.”

“He’s being as forthcoming as he can, and so this notion that he’s trying to mislead people, I think is just completely bizarre,” he said.

“It would be one thing if you put out a letter and said, ‘I’m not going to give you the report,'” he added. “What he said is, ‘Look, it’s going to take a while to process the report. In the meantime, people really want to know what’s in it. I’m going to give you the top-line conclusions.’ That’s all he was trying to do.”

Notably, Rosenstein didn’t comment about Barr suggesting that there may have been “unauthorized surveillance” of the Trump campaign in 2016. Barr clarified that he didn’t have evidence of that and wasn’t stating as fact that it happened.

Rosenstein is expected to depart the DOJ soon.
    The jack ass party loved Barr and loved Mueller.
    The jack ass party felt they were honorable men.
    However because the investigation didn’t go their way Barr and Mueller are pieces of shit.
    This is par for the hypocrites of the Jack ass party.

4. The Following User Groans At Tkaffen For This Awful Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (04-12-2019)

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tkaffen For This Post:

Callinectes (04-12-2019), cancel2 2022 (04-12-2019), Earl (04-12-2019), Truth Detector (04-12-2019), Wolverine (04-12-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    The jack ass party loved Barr and loved Mueller.
    The jack ass party felt they were honorable men.
    However because the investigation didn’t go their way Barr and Mueller are pieces of shit.
    This is par for the hypocrites of the Jack ass party.
    Totally delusional, as usual. I don't recall anything about Barr before Trump picked him as his protector. And I haven't seen any change in the respect given Mueller by the few honest posters here, or the lack of respect displayed by the Trump sycophants.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-12-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Rosensteins's Redemption ploy. we do love our repentant bad guys

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Callinectes (04-12-2019), Darth Omar (04-12-2019), Truth Detector (04-12-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker View Post
    Rosensteins's Redemption ploy. we do love our repentant bad guys
    Please explain why you think Rosenstein is in need of redemption.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-12-2019)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Please explain why you think Rosenstein is in need of redemption.
    He’s on record saying he would wear a wire around a president.

Rosenstein is lucky he wasn’t fired on the spot for that—or worse.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-12-2019)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    He’s on record saying he would wear a wire around a president.

Rosenstein is lucky he wasn’t fired on the spot for that—or worse.
    Rosenstein appointed a special counsel to investigate Russian state interference (since well authenticated) in a US presidential election, and any criminal matters arising.

The winning candidate repeatedly denied that there had been any Russian interference, apparently basing this on what the Russian president told him and on what he wanted to believe.

Who is in need of "redemption"?

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Rosenstein appointed a special counsel to investigate Russian state interference (since well authenticated) in a US presidential election, and any criminal matters arising.

The winning candidate repeatedly denied that there had been any Russian interference, apparently basing this on what the Russian president told him and on what he wanted to believe.

Trump questioned da Russians did it. He said it could be other actors.
    Asange said the same - "the leak did NOT come from any state actor" - so what does the IC do?
    Invent a 'cutout' go between. how convenient.

No i'm not going to explain why the Weasel needs redemption. either you get Weasels' filing a SC when there
    was NO EVIDENCE of collusion ( per Lisa Page) despite prior year of the counterintelligence investigation, or you don't

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-12-2019), Truth Detector (04-12-2019)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would say, given that Rosenstein and you are now proven wrong, those who need redemption should be obvious......

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-12-2019), USFREEDOM911 (04-12-2019)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Trump questioned da Russians did it. He said it could be other actors.
    Asange said the same - "the leak did NOT come from any state actor" - so what does the IC do?
    Invent a 'cutout' go between. how convenient.

No i'm not going to explain why the Weasel needs redemption. either you get Weasels' filing a SC when there
    was NO EVIDENCE of collusion ( per Lisa Page) despite prior year of the counterintelligence investigation, or you don't
    Hopefully, Barr is serious about examining the ‘sufficiency of the evidence’ for the origin of the Russian investigation *and especially* the appointment of an SC.

If he is serious, I’d give it a 90% probability that serious chips will begin to fall.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Hopefully, Barr is serious about examining the ‘sufficiency of the evidence’ for the origin of the Russian investigation *and especially* the appointment of an SC.

If he is serious, I’d give it a 90% probability that serious chips will begin to fall.
    Nunes referrals to DoJ / 302's and FISA releases /Howowitz-Huber / Barr...you have to hope something will stick.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

either you get Weasels' filing a SC when there was NO EVIDENCE of collusion ( per Lisa Page) despite prior year of the counterintelligence investigation, or you don't
    I do get it. In fact I think "Weasel" would have been remiss not to do it, after Trump's controversial firing of Comey.

This is Rosenstein's commission to Mueller:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-Russia.html

Is there something there that needs "redemption"?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-12-2019), PoliTalker (04-12-2019)

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Totally delusional, as usual. I don't recall anything about Barr before Trump picked him as his protector. And I haven't seen any change in the respect given Mueller by the few honest posters here, or the lack of respect displayed by the Trump sycophants.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lol, is anyone surprised at your ignorance? No.

You realize Barr has been AG before, right?
    Every life matters

26. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do get it. In fact I think "Weasel" would have been remiss not to do it, after Trump's controversial firing of Comey.

This is Rosenstein's commission to Mueller:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-Russia.html

Is there something there that needs "redemption"?
    so now exercising POTUS plenary power to fire Comey is obstruction? is that your bottom line?
    where was the intent to obstruct if there was no crime of "collusion" ( conspiracy etc.)

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (04-12-2019), Truth Detector (04-12-2019)