1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Why would fact checking be leftist?

Actual fact checking is not a lefty thing, but selecting and organizing information that promotes lefty ideology and then presenting it as "fact checking" is certainly a lefty thing.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Actual fact checking is not a lefty thing, but selecting and organizing information that promotes lefty ideology and then presenting it as "fact checking" is certainly a lefty thing.
    But isn't that saying the same thing? Not sure if you have ever read Wittgenstein but he would enjoy this language game. How do facts promote anything other than information assuming they are facts? If we can't agree something is a fact then what.

"Everything that can be thought at all can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said can be said clearly." Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But isn't that saying the same thing? Not sure if you have ever read Wittgenstein but he would enjoy this language game. How do facts promote anything other than information assuming they are facts? If we can't agree something is a fact then what.

"Everything that can be thought at all can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said can be said clearly." Ludwig Wittgenstein
    No. Selecting and organizing information that promotes lefty ideology, and then presenting it as if it were fact checking is deceptive. Information gets taken out of context and reassembled to form a new lefty narrative instead of the narrative that was originally intended. "Fact checking" is objectively looking for what the actual truth is without a subjective bias and intent to create a subjective narrative.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No. Selecting and organizing information that promotes lefty ideology, and then presenting it as if it were fact checking is deceptive. Information gets taken out of context and reassembled to form a new lefty narrative instead of the narrative that was originally intended. "Fact checking" is objectively looking for what the actual truth is without a subjective bias and intent to create a subjective narrative.
    So then you are saying 'fact checking' is not 'fact checking' unless it agrees with your interpretations. That's fine, now it's time for examples, please provide a few examples. Thanks
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So then you are saying 'fact checking' is not 'fact checking' unless it agrees with your interpretations.
    No, it only sounds like that to lefties after it has been processed with lefty thoughts. Notice how you can't wrap quotes around where I said this? Lefties are only capable of thinking lefty thoughts, since they have never been righties. Righties however, were once lefties, since all of us are born as little lefties screaming for a tit or a bottle for survival. Since righties were once lefties, we can think like lefties, AND we can think like righties.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, it only sounds like that to lefties after it has been processed with lefty thoughts. Notice how you can't wrap quotes around where I said this? Lefties are only capable of thinking lefty thoughts, since they have never been righties. Righties however, were once lefties, since all of us are born as little lefties screaming for a tit or a bottle for survival. Since righties were once lefties, we can think like lefties, AND we can think like righties.
    When I grew up no 'average Joe' was a lefty or a righty, that distinction is a creation of propaganda sources. You must be young? Twenty four by seven media didn't exist and the distinctions were blurred. Social media didn't exist. I have linked books that describe this tribal creation, even wrote a piece long ago I will try to find on topic. We were not even liberal or conservative back then, we were just Americans and while obviously class and bias existed they were different from today. But I see you are stuck in these categories, that is kinda sad. In a real sense I am more conservative than most people. Pay all my taxes, vote, Vietnam era veteran, support American institutions and charities, same wife closing on fifty years....

"Quite possibly, this belief in our own opinion, regardless of the facts, may be what separates us from the nations of the world, what makes us unique in God’s eyes. The average German or Czech, though possibly no less ignorant than his American counterpart, will probably consider the possibility that someone who has spent his life studying something may have an opinion worth considering. Not the American. Although perfectly willing to recognize expertise in basketball, for example, or refrigerator repair, when it comes to the realm of ideas, all folks (and their opinions) are suddenly equal. Thus evolution is a damned lie, global warming a liberal hoax, and Republicans care about people like you." Mark Slouka

For the reader who wants to understand how we got here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nvisible-hands

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27833494-dark-money

PS I'll try to find op mentioned above.