1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If you are so strongly against wealth inequality why do you support the Fed in its current form?
    There is nothing wrong with wealth inequality. It is natural and inevitable. Some people are savers, some are spenders.

The problem is EXTREME wealth inequality. That has more to do with greed and acquisition than personal spending habits.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I used to have discussions with Righties during the Obama years and the end of Bush years. They were wrong about most things, but they definitely weren't this crazy. Back then they at least believed in what they were saying. Today all they care about is pissing off DA LIBS.
    The problem with discussion boards is they tend to attract the anti-social types who can't get along with people in real life. The logical solution is to maintain a large Ignore List. Once the trolls are filtered out, more intellectual discussion remains.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

There is nothing wrong with wealth inequality. It is natural and inevitable. Some people are savers, some are spenders.

The problem is EXTREME wealth inequality. That has more to do with greed and acquisition than personal spending habits.
    The federal reserve pushes policies that punish savers and promote pushing people into riskier asset classes which exacerbates wealth inequality. The Fed has been the biggest driver of this extreme inequality. For those who are serious about addressing the issue we have to start with the Fed. But how often (hint: rarely to never) do we hear politicians discuss the Fed?

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Hello StoneByStone,

The problem with discussion boards is they tend to attract the anti-social types who can't get along with people in real life. The logical solution is to maintain a large Ignore List. Once the trolls are filtered out, more intellectual discussion remains.
    That's totally true. But even Righties in the real world weren't this bad. If Bush acted like Trump back then, there's no way he would have been elected.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    If I started a gofundme or kickstarter to build a donation hub to serve the underprivileged do you think liberals would donate?
    I doubt it.

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneOxe View Post
    If Bush acted like Trump back then, there's no way he would have been elected.
    So you say.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMOCRAT domer76 View Post
    IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

WOULD WOULD WOULD WOULD WOULD

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

And HERE you are!!
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPF View Post
    You’re saying income inequality is a “national emergency”. Clearly, there will always be inequality when it comes to wealth.

I’m simply asking, since you insist it’s a national emergency, what degree of inequality is tolerable? The CEO making 23X what his employees made…is that acceptable to you? What if today’s CEO only made 46 times (twice the 1950/1960 rate)? Would that be tolerable?

As for losing control of the government? We elected every person in elected office today. We have full control of the government or at least those who staff it.
    One of the things I dislike the most about these forums is that they are filled with children who cannot think through a topic with any form of common sense. If you had read the article I posed with any form of comprehension you would have noticed that the Founders considered income inequality to be "evil" in the words of Madison. To prevent that "evil" the Founders supported legal remedies to moderate income accumulation, or as Madison said "the silent operation of laws which, without violating the rights of property, reduce extreme wealth towards a state of mediocrity, and raise extreme indigents towards a state of comfort."

In any event, your comprehension of what is occurring is extremely limited. We have hyper-partisanship supported by lobbiests, and other forms of propaganda, in a country where less then 50% of the population bothers to vote, and a President who was elected by a small group of electors who did not represent the average person, or even a majority of the population.

Now, go learn what mediocrity is, or profit sharing, and any number of issues the Founders supported as could be applicable to today.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

9. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    One of the things I dislike the most about these forums is that they are filled with children who cannot think through a topic with any form of common sense. If you had read the article I posed with any form of comprehension you would have noticed that the Founders considered income inequality to be "evil" in the words of Madison. To prevent that "evil" the Founders supported legal remedies to moderate income accumulation, or as Madison said "the silent operation of laws which, without violating the rights of property, reduce extreme wealth towards a state of mediocrity, and raise extreme indigents towards a state of comfort."

In any event, your comprehension of what is occurring is extremely limited. We have hyper-partisanship supported by lobbiests, and other forms of propaganda, in a country where less then 50% of the population bothers to vote, and a President who was elected by a small group of electors who did not represent the average person, or even a majority of the population.

Now, go learn what mediocrity is, or profit sharing, and any number of issues the Founders supported as could be applicable to today.
    You're failing to answer the question of:

How much "income equality" is acceptable, to you??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

10. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Originally Posted by tinfoil
    If I started a gofundme or kickstarter to build a donation hub to serve the underprivileged do you think liberals would donate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I doubt it.
    More then either of you would.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

11. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    The federal reserve pushes policies that punish savers and promote pushing people into riskier asset classes which exacerbates wealth inequality. The Fed has been the biggest driver of this extreme inequality. For those who are serious about addressing the issue we have to start with the Fed. But how often (hint: rarely to never) do we hear politicians discuss the Fed?
    Follow the money and you'll learn where the power and control lie.

12. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

That's totally true. But even Righties in the real world weren't this bad. If Bush acted like Trump back then, there's no way he would have been elected.
    Well think about it. People who can't get along with others in real life can always turn to the internet and find a chat board. The only requirements are a pulse and an internet connection. We are the place where social rejects try to have their version of conversations.

Bush could never have acted like Trump. He had a better upbringing.

13. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Hello StoneByStone,

Well think about it. People who can't get along with others in real life can always turn to the internet and find a chat board. The only requirements are a pulse and an internet connection. We are the place where social rejects try to have their version of conversations.
    Yeah, I agree with you there. I think that's why there are so many trolls here. But the mainstream Conservatives and Republicans never used to be like this. Maybe the internet has made it worse. Perhaps it has showed them that they can be rude and insane, and get away with it.

14. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Yeah, I agree with you there. I think that's why there are so many trolls here. But the mainstream Conservatives and Republicans never used to be like this. Maybe the internet has made it worse. Perhaps it has showed them that they can be rude and insane, and get away with it.
    No. TRUMP! Trump has made it worse.

That's the problem. He's the leader. He's the one who gets all the attention. He says something, everybody listens. The media carries it. He has the bully pulpit. Nobody told him that doesn't mean act like a bully.

President Trump puts this hateful energy out there and people pick up on it, think that makes it OK just because the President did it.

Just like the little elementary school boy who had to be reprimanded because he grabbed a little girl between her legs. And you know he said if the President can do it then so can he.

President Trump is just wrong as a leader. He is a bad leader.

And he is making wealth inequality more extreme, a bad thing for America.

Making wealth inequality more extreme does not make us great. It makes us a plutocracy.

Make Plutocracy Great Again!

MPGA

15. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Follow the money and you'll learn where the power and control lie.
    The Fed has the power. But most of us know very little about it. Go do random interviews on the street and ask who Jerome Powell is. I’d be shocked if 2 in 10 know. Yet he has more control of the economy than anyone.