Members banned from this thread: evince, ZappasGuitar, moon, domer76, archives, Nomad, Micawber, Mason Michaels, Jade Dragon, Troll, PoliTalker, Guno צְבִי, Jack, NiftyNiblick, jimmymccready, Adolf_Twitler, StoneByStone, lisasanders1964 and Enter Name Here.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we consider it??

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    The asshole politicians have been focusing on immigration reform for 30 years and they still can’t get it right. They can’t or don’t want to enforce the many laws already on the books.
    Which is why I think we should close the US to all immigration, for at least a year, and focus on problems within the US.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

[QUOTE=Bill;2973944]Who is going to pick the fruit & veggies??

Let’s start with the ones that get free government handouts while sitting at home getting fat watching TV and eating BonBons

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

How about something like this:
    1. Temporary program, lasting 6 months. Anyone here illegally can get a temp worker visa if they have a clean criminal record and have been gainfully employed for 6 months.

2. Make an employment eligibility system available to all employers. Start fining employers who hire people who are not eligible and were not vetted by the system $1,000 per person per calendar day employed.

Sorry, I got cut off. Continued in next post.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    1. Temporary program, lasting 6 months. Anyone here illegally can get a temp worker visa if they have a clean criminal record and have been gainfully employed for 6 months.

2. Make an employment eligibility system available to all employers. Start fining employers who hire people who are not eligible and were not vetted by the system $1,000 per person per calendar day employed.

3. Reinterpret the 14th Amendment's "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" to be in line with U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark's "permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity by a foreign power." to clarify birthright citizenship. That would eliminate citizenship for the children of tourists, temp workers and illegals. That may take another amendment.

4. No special pathway to citizenship for temp workers or their children, except by joining the US military and getting an honorable discharge.

5. Welfare benefits should be limited to US citizens and permanent resident aliens.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I say no, to #1; because all those things will do is encourage more people, who will think they can do the same thing.

#2 is already covered by the businesses being able to check, prior to employment, and it's not going to uncover those working with false IDs.

I don't agree with giving criminals a break, on their illegality.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Millennials......
    lol.......that was funny......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (04-12-2019)

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    And? It is still the biggest bunch of bullshit ever. They are basing that on the amount of drugs stopped at ports of entry. When you get a chance take a look at how many drugs come into this country annually and what gets stopped at the port of entry at the borders.
    good point......the amount stopped isn't even enough to stock Grind.......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (04-12-2019)

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Who picks cotton anymore??
    John Deere.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (04-12-2019)

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    They don't do that much any more, any guesses as to why??
    felons voting demmycrat?......

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Given any thought to what will happen to Americans busted in other countries, maybe following this example??

Marshmallow like you would be dead in a week.......
    of course, there's always the possibility that WE WOULDN'T BREAK THE LAW!.......

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Tkaffen;2982824]
    Who is going to pick the fruit & veggies??

Let’s start with the ones that get free government handouts while sitting at home getting fat watching TV and eating BonBons
    What would you recommend??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What happens in 6 months??

Making those ppl legal will cost many of these "employers" as they will have to start paying into the system for them, paper work etc..

There are already many built in ways around abiding by the law, BY DESIGN...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

3. Reinterpret the 14th Amendment's "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" to be in line with U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark's "permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity by a foreign power." to clarify birthright citizenship. That would eliminate citizenship for the children of tourists, temp workers and illegals. That may take another amendment.

4. No special pathway to citizenship for temp workers or their children, except by joining the US military and getting an honorable discharge.

5. Welfare benefits should be limited to US citizens and permanent resident aliens.

Agreed, it seems crazy that is legal & happening all the time..

Agreed as well..

That said, we all know NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE....... Even when the parties had all three-house-senate-wht house NOTHING WAS DONE-CHANGED

17. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What happens in 6 months??

Making those ppl legal will cost many of these "employers" as they will have to start paying into the system for them, paper work etc..

There are already many built in ways around abiding by the law, BY DESIGN...
    In 6 months, the program closes. no one else can get into the program. A 6 month window, once it closes, no more.

18. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

bump