Members banned from this thread: evince, ZappasGuitar, moon, domer76, archives, Nomad, Micawber, Mason Michaels, Jade Dragon, Troll, PoliTalker, Guno צְבִי, Jack, NiftyNiblick, jimmymccready, Adolf_Twitler, StoneByStone, lisasanders1964 and Enter Name Here.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Should we consider it??

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    And? It is still the biggest bunch of bullshit ever. They are basing that on the amount of drugs stopped at ports of entry. When you get a chance take a look at how many drugs come into this country annually and what gets stopped at the port of entry at the borders.

So your thinking is this:

A guy in Mexico gives a migrant 10 pounds of cocaine and tells him, “Meet me (or my associates) on the other side of the border”.

The migrant doesn’t sell the $150K of cocaine, he’s just going to carry it across and give it to them.

You really think that is happening?

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JPF View Post

A guy in Mexico gives a migrant 10 pounds of cocaine and tells him, “Meet me (or my associates) on the other side of the border”.

The migrant doesn’t sell the $150K of cocaine, he’s just going to carry it across and give it to them.

YEP; because if he doesn't, they'll kill his family as an example.

I knew a young man (under 18) from Mexico, who was caught with a trunk load of weed.

He was up for deportation, upon being release when he turned 18, and he was scared about returning to Mexico; because he knew certain individuals were going to want the money for what he "lost", when he had been caught.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Earl (04-24-2019)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The government did not give anything to the rich and corporations. It just confiscated less.
    Making the rest of us owe more. Both the debit and the debt are increasing at record rates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Close the border and they cannot enter legally.
    So stop all tourism, business traffic, imports, exports, and legal immigration? You really don't give a shit about this country, do you.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Making the rest of us owe more. Both the debit and the debt are increasing at record rates.
    No, the rest of us don't owe more. We just borrow the difference. Maybe the rest of us should pay more rather than making the top 50% pay 96% of the income taxes. We should all share in the cost of running the government. When you get back $5,000 in Earned Income Tax Credit above what you paid in income taxes there is no incentive to cut spending.

I was against the tax cut without first cutting spending by an equal amount. We could easily eliminate 10-15% without hurting anybody (who really needs it).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earl (04-24-2019)

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, the rest of us don't owe more. We just borrow the difference. Maybe the rest of us should pay more rather than making the top 50% pay 96% of the income taxes. We should all share in the cost of running the government. When you get back $5,000 in Earned Income Tax Credit above what you paid in income taxes there is no incentive to cut spending.

I was against the tax cut without first cutting spending by an equal amount. We could easily eliminate 10-15% without hurting anybody (who really needs it).
    Who do you think is holding the tab for the debt? The top 1% could pay enough more to balance the budget, with a bit left over to actually start paying down the debt, and would hardly notice it. The GOP under Reagan considered the EITC the most effective form of welfare. Cutting spending by that amount would probably bring on another recession.

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

So stop all tourism, business traffic, imports, exports, and legal immigration? You really don't give a shit about this country, do you.

Across the southern border i dont mind.
    Do it and see how fast Mexico decides to take invaders from the south seriously.
    Make the right thing easy and the wrong thing hard. Works like a champ.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JPF View Post

Do not bother to tell me how I think or about smuggling. Thanks.

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who do you think is holding the tab for the debt? The top 1% could pay enough more to balance the budget, with a bit left over to actually start paying down the debt, and would hardly notice it. The GOP under Reagan considered the EITC the most effective form of welfare. Cutting spending by that amount would probably bring on another recession.
    The tab is being paid by the top 50% in $263 billion annual interest payments. We never pay down the debt, we just roll over treasuries that come due by borrowing more.

The top 1% pay more federal income taxes than the bottom 90% combined. Why should anyone pay more taxes when the current budget is so full of waste and unnecessary spending? If you take all that money to balance the budget, what are you going to do next year?

If cutting spending would bring on a recession we depend too much on government spending in our economy.

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The tab is being paid by the top 50% in $263 billion annual interest payments. We never pay down the debt, we just roll over treasuries that come due by borrowing more.

The top 1% pay more federal income taxes than the bottom 90% combined. Why should anyone pay more taxes when the current budget is so full of waste and unnecessary spending? If you take all that money to balance the budget, what are you going to do next year?

If cutting spending would bring on a recession we depend too much on government spending in our economy.
    The top 1% could easily pay enough more to balance the budget and start paying down the debt. But all Trump and the GOP have done is to increase both the debit and the debt, while threatening essential spending.

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The top 1% could easily pay enough more to balance the budget and start paying down the debt. But all Trump and the GOP have done is to increase both the debit and the debt, while threatening essential spending.
    But the top 1% and all other American taxpayers shouldn't have to pay any more in taxes until we reduce spending. Spending has increased faster than revenues--so the deficit is caused by too much spending--not because we don't have enough taxes.

I agree that Trump has been irresponsible for increasing the deficit, but he is not threatening any essential spending. Instead, he has increased spending.

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But the top 1% and all other American taxpayers shouldn't have to pay any more in taxes until we reduce spending. Spending has increased faster than revenues--so the deficit is caused by too much spending--not because we don't have enough taxes.

I agree that Trump has been irresponsible for increasing the deficit, but he is not threatening any essential spending. Instead, he has increased spending.
    The top 1% sucks up 20% of total income. They can easily afford enough more in taxes to cover the deficit, with a little left over to pay down the debt. We can start cutting spending by eliminating the corporate giveaways.

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The top 1% sucks up 20% of total income. They can easily afford enough more in taxes to cover the deficit, with a little left over to pay down the debt. We can start cutting spending by eliminating the corporate giveaways.
    But that is not their job and most of the public opposes confiscatory taxes and massive income redistribution. I am all for getting rid of corporate giveaways--the biggest include food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid, EITC, etc. because most of the money goes to corporations rather than beneficiaries and they are very inefficient.

Nobody needs to pay any more taxes until we make massive cuts in waste and inefficiency that funds government agencies based on how much they can spend.

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But that is not their job and most of the public opposes confiscatory taxes and massive income redistribution. I am all for getting rid of corporate giveaways--the biggest include food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid, EITC, etc. because most of the money goes to corporations rather than beneficiaries and they are very inefficient.

Nobody needs to pay any more taxes until we make massive cuts in waste and inefficiency that funds government agencies based on how much they can spend.
    The tax scam was a massive corporate giveaway. Those "giveaways" that you oppose actually stimulate the economy, something the right always seems to be opposing. Reagan and the right regarded EITC as a very efficient form of welfare. We should replace Medicare and Medicaid with single payer health insurance.

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The tax scam was a massive corporate giveaway. Those "giveaways" that you oppose actually stimulate the economy, something the right always seems to be opposing. Reagan and the right regarded EITC as a very efficient form of welfare. We should replace Medicare and Medicaid with single payer health insurance.
    Of course they stimulate the economy. That is the very reason corporations support all those social welfare programs--they benefit from them because the money is spent to buy their products and services. It is a corporate give away regardless of whether it stimulates the economy or not. The problem is that stimulating the economy is good in the short run but increases the debt and leads to a decline in economic growth in the future.