Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 290

Thread: New Zealand's semi-automatic rifle ban

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,890
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 479 Times in 440 Posts

    Default New Zealand's semi-automatic rifle ban

    Gun nuts always tell us that more gun control would lead to a dictatorship because the people would be unable to fight back against the government.
    New Zealand is set to ban all semi-automatic rifles. Who wants to theorize how gun nuts will explain why New Zealand didn't become a dictatorship?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (04-05-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    15,676
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 7,542 Times in 5,126 Posts
    Groans
    2,859
    Groaned 1,514 Times in 1,412 Posts

    Default

    They will have fewer mass shootings and less danger to the citizens. That is so un-American. We don't like fewer shootings.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (04-05-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    13,936
    Thanks
    653
    Thanked 6,036 Times in 4,463 Posts
    Groans
    370
    Groaned 513 Times in 495 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Gun nuts always tell us that more gun control would lead to a dictatorship because the people would be unable to fight back against the government.
    New Zealand is set to ban all semi-automatic rifles. Who wants to theorize how gun nuts will explain why New Zealand didn't become a dictatorship?
    Bullshit strawman argument

    These things donít happen overnight

    God bless the 2nd Amendment

    I went out and bought another AR15 just for shits and giggles. Didnít need it. Just wanted it
    "The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.Ē - Patrick Crusius. leftist and El Paso mass murderer

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teflon Don For This Post:

    Sirthinksalot (04-05-2019), Truth Detector (04-05-2019), USFREEDOM911 (04-08-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,038
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 600 Times in 553 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Gun nuts always tell us that more gun control would lead to a dictatorship because the people would be unable to fight back against the government.
    New Zealand is set to ban all semi-automatic rifles. Who wants to theorize how gun nuts will explain why New Zealand didn't become a dictatorship?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They will have fewer mass shootings and less danger to the citizens. That is so un-American. We don't like fewer shootings.
    But isn’t America under a threat of tyrannical dictatorship right now? Isn’t our President the “Orange Trump” and his family taking over America? Aren’t they arming their new army the KKK and all of those deplorable other racist? Aren’t they getting ready to take you good leftist Democrats guns? How are you gonna defend the country if they take your guns?

    I think our nation’s founders were much, much, much smarter than a gang of wimpy-assed leftist in today’s world.

    “An armed people are a free people.” (George Washington)

    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

    "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

    “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
    - Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

    Truth Detector (04-05-2019)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    20,905
    Thanks
    37,993
    Thanked 14,886 Times in 9,284 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,031 Times in 985 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They will have fewer mass shootings and less danger to the citizens. That is so un-American. We don't like fewer shootings.

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    9,576
    Thanks
    1,603
    Thanked 5,524 Times in 4,055 Posts
    Groans
    451
    Groaned 405 Times in 385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Gun nuts always tell us that more gun control would lead to a dictatorship because the people would be unable to fight back against the government.
    New Zealand is set to ban all semi-automatic rifles. Who wants to theorize how gun nuts will explain why New Zealand didn't become a dictatorship?
    Do you support this? Would you like to see all semi automatic rifles banned in the USA?
    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

    Truth Detector (04-05-2019)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,890
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 479 Times in 440 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post

    These things don’t happen overnight
    Fair enough. How long do you think it will take before New Zealand is a totalitarian state?

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,890
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 479 Times in 440 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Do you support this? Would you like to see all semi automatic rifles banned in the USA?
    I wouldn't mind much either way, but I do think we need a lot more gun control in America.
    And no, I don't think that will lead to Fascism or Communism.

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    14,626
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6,757 Times in 4,283 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 826 Times in 777 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    But isn’t America under a threat of tyrannical dictatorship right now? Isn’t our President the “Orange Trump” and his family taking over America? Aren’t they arming their new army the KKK and all of those deplorable other racist? Aren’t they getting ready to take you good leftist Democrats guns? How are you gonna defend the country if they take your guns?

    I think our nation’s founders were much, much, much smarter than a gang of wimpy-assed leftist in today’s world.

    “An armed people are a free people.” (George Washington)

    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

    "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

    “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
    - Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787
    That's pretty funny, obvious an effort taken off of a NRA or similar website owned by the gun manufacturers, do you know how easy it is to cherry pick anything some Founding Father said to frame an opinion?

    If the Founding Fathers meant for everyone to have a gun why did they purposely add the prefatory clause to the Second Amendment? They didn't have to, but they did, obviously for some reason

    And the point gun advocates never get, or just flat out refuse to accept, any Constitutional right can be regulated and restricted, none of them are absolute, have never been, nor will ever be, just a fact

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,890
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 479 Times in 440 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    But isnít America under a threat of tyrannical dictatorship right now? Isnít our President the ďOrange TrumpĒ and his family taking over America? Arenít they arming their new army the KKK and all of those deplorable other racist? Arenít they getting ready to take you good leftist Democrats guns? How are you gonna defend the country if they take your guns?
    Historically speaking, an armed population means there is more of a chance of a country becoming a dictatorship. While I don't think Trump's supporters are all racists, most of them do support Trump's Fascist direction. And like Trump himself said, "I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad." This is exactly what happened in Russia, which lead to the Soviet Union.
    As of now, America is closer to being a dictatorship because we have a wannabe dictator in office and a bunch of drooling idiots with guns who want to keep him there.

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    14,626
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6,757 Times in 4,283 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 826 Times in 777 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I wouldn't mind much either way, but I do think we need a lot more gun control in America.
    And no, I don't think that will lead to Fascism or Communism.
    Of course not, but nothing meaningful is going happen on the Federal level, if four and five year old kids getting massacred by semi-automatic weapons didn't get Washington to act nothing will, half are owned by the gun manufacturers, and the majority of the rest don't have the courage

    Reform will, and is beginning, on the State and local level, look at the States today that have stricter gun laws and the majority also have less gun violence, and the opposite is also true, which is fine, let them slaughter each other with their toys

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,890
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 479 Times in 440 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Of course not, but nothing meaningful is going happen on the Federal level, if four and five year old kids getting massacred by semi-automatic weapons didn't get Washington to act nothing will, half are owned by the gun manufacturers, and the majority of the rest don't have the courage
    Yeah, we're probably just going to have to wait for the Boomers to die out before we have sensible gun policies.

    Reform will, and is beginning, on the State and local level, look at the States today that have stricter gun laws and the majority also have less gun violence, and the opposite is also true, which is fine, let them slaughter each other with their toys
    I'd feel the same way if there wasn't so many innocent people including kids that are getting killed because of this gun fetishism.

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    61,445
    Thanks
    71,300
    Thanked 12,229 Times in 10,456 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,847 Times in 2,589 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I wouldn't mind much either way, but I do think we need a lot more gun control in America.
    And no, I don't think that will lead to Fascism or Communism.
    What gun control measures would have prevented the New Zealand tragedy? Doesn't Norway have extreme gun control? What measure would have prevented their mass shooting tragedy?

    Las Vegas; what gun control measure would have prevented it?
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

  19. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    61,445
    Thanks
    71,300
    Thanked 12,229 Times in 10,456 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,847 Times in 2,589 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That's pretty funny, obvious an effort taken off of a NRA or similar website owned by the gun manufacturers, do you know how easy it is to cherry pick anything some Founding Father said to frame an opinion?

    If the Founding Fathers meant for everyone to have a gun why did they purposely add the prefatory clause to the Second Amendment? They didn't have to, but they did, obviously for some reason

    And the point gun advocates never get, or just flat out refuse to accept, any Constitutional right can be regulated and restricted, none of them are absolute, have never been, nor will ever be, just a fact
    Morons on the left cannot get their heads around the concept that Government is the evil in society and one that needs to be held at bay. Alas, being uneducated low IQ dullards, they think Government is great and we need more of the nanny state....except when Trump is in charge, then Government is bad.

    In any tyranny, the first thing the State does is confiscate the citizens weaponry. It is apparent that because yo are an uneducated dolt, you have no historical knowledge to comprehend why and armed citizenry is a good thing.

    Does France have very strict gun laws? Yes or no?
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

  20. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    61,445
    Thanks
    71,300
    Thanked 12,229 Times in 10,456 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,847 Times in 2,589 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Historically speaking, an armed population means there is more of a chance of a country becoming a dictatorship.
    That is historically false and moronic. It is the exact opposite. The first thing authoritarian states do is take arms away from the citizens. An armed citizenry is dangerous to totalitarians. Do you think Kim Jung wants an armed populace? How about China?

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    While I don't think Trump's supporters are all racists, most of them do support Trump's Fascist direction.
    Really? What has Trump done that is Fascist?

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    And like Trump himself said, "I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."
    So words strike fear into the hearts of low IQ liberals? What did you think when Obama stated he didn't need Congress? Were you okay with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    This is exactly what happened in Russia, which lead to the Soviet Union.
    No it is not; and making such moronic claims paint you as an uneducated buffoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    As of now, America is closer to being a dictatorship because we have a wannabe dictator in office and a bunch of drooling idiots with guns who want to keep him there.
    Aside from the glaring ignorance of your statement, precisely what has Trump done to bring us closer to a dictatorship?

    It's hard to take such moronic nonsense seriously.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

Similar Threads

  1. New Zealand bans semi-automatic guns
    By tff in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 03-24-2019, 03:57 PM
  2. Chelsea Handler: ĎMy armed guards donít have semi-automatic weaponsí
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-01-2018, 07:31 AM
  3. Trump calls for raising the minimum age for buy semi-automatic to 21
    By Havana Moon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2018, 03:25 PM
  4. APP - FACTS about automatic weapons
    By Mohamud Loves Bukkake in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2017, 07:19 AM
  5. Automatic voter registration?
    By Muslim Immigration in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 03:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •