Members banned from this thread: tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, RB 60, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl and lisasanders1964

Thread: Trump Fans: You Are Completely Wrong Trump Is Completely Wrong. I'm Sorry To Tell You

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Fans: You Are Completely Wrong Trump Is Completely Wrong. I'm Sorry To Tell You

I feel badly that I have to tell you what a mistake you have made by believing in Donald Trump.

He is a conman.

You have been conned.

I know this hurts.

I am very sorry you have been taken in.

Please know that I don't think badly of you.

Anyone can make a mistake.

It's OK.

But it is important that you understand it is a mistake to trust this man.

The longer you are led on by a liar, the worse the pain when you realize the mistake.

I get it that you don't want to go there. I totally get it.

No problem. Take as long as you like to admit this mistake. Then you can feel better.

You may think you feel fine right now, but I assure you life is way better when you don't have anybody that you hate, don't have that stress.

So it's OK. Keep on believing in him. Believe with all your being that he is really good for America, that he is making America great. And besides, the stock market is doing fantastically. I get it. Go ahead. Make hay while the sun shines! (You know it can't last.) Publicly stand behind him.

Just don't expect me to stop wondering if some small part of you actually prefers love over hatred. Perhaps you're willing to sacrifice that to get rich. I don't know. But since your way to make America a great country is to be mean and hateful to half the nation, you accept that. I'm just wondering. I'm allowed to do that. It's a free nation.

I wish we could share respect for one another. I do respect you. You have every right to support any public figure you want to. That's freedom. I believe in freedom. I get it. You're standing up for what you believe in and that's about as American as you can get. I don't hate you for that. I WANT you to voice your view. Let the best view prevail. I do think you've made a mistake and you're standing up for the wrong person, that he is a conman, but I don't hate you for making a mistake. I just think you made a mistake.

Your mistake is so bad it doesn't allow you to respect other Americans for exercising their freedom the way I respect you for exercising yours. To me, nothing gives anybody the right to claim that freedom only works for them, but not others. The Trump-fan position is often hateful for other Americans expressing their freedom, thus it is hateful of freedom itself.

So, even if I respect you, you cannot respect me. And that, to me, is proof, right there, of why your whole position is wrong. It's based on selective freedom.

And I say no. Freedom doesn't work that way. Freedom needs to be freedom for ALL. That means if you really embrace freedom, you have to let other people talk even if you don't agree with them. You have to be like that famous guy who said: "I may disagree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it." If you don't GET THAT, then you don't understand how freedom works.

Freedom + Diversity of views = The best ideas, the best policy.

You are allowed to have your own say.

You have to let other people have their say.

You don't have to talk to them if they are not worth talking to.

(That's why so many of you are banned from even commenting in this THREAD!)

Let the best, most logical views prevail. (Not the most hateful or vociferous.)

There are a lot of people in this world who are able to talk to people of different views without being personally judgemental. It's OK to disagree and talk about why each person holds the view they do. Let each find their own logic in why they believe what they do. That's fine. That's the way our country was designed to operate.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

If you are conservative and you can respect people who happen to be liberal, then I am happy to discuss any subject at arms length with you. I am not going to downtalk about you. I am not going to make it personal or about YOU. Just don't do that to me!

If you change the subject and start talking about me, and make it personal (like so many conservatives just can't seem to avoid doing) then we are done. I am sorry to tell you that is wrong, and I personally won't stand for it. I don't have to. I hope it never comes to that. I enjoy hearing why others feel the way they do. But if the reason is hatred? Then I don't need discuss it any further. At that point I have already learned why you believe what you do. I simply disagree with it. What I believe is not based on hating anybody. I am seeking the most logical government policy to result in a successful vibrant lasting nation.

So please.

Think of me like someone you really respect and would never talk down to. Because that's the way I want to think of you or anybody I enjoy discussing heavy subjects with. There has to be mutual respect for any kind of productive discussion. I am amazed and saddened at how few Trump fans are able to do that. What a loss. What a farce to pretend vitriol makes a nation great.

And I am sorry to have to tell you that.

But somebody had to say it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Vasquezrocks (04-03-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-02-2019), Tranquillus in Exile (04-03-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is wrong for America and wrong for the world.

That's why he's not very popular and never was.

And that's just in the USA!

Outside the USA he is even more unpopular.

Trump is just plain wrong, his supporters are wrong to support him, that's just the way it is.

It had to be said.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Vasquezrocks (04-03-2019)