Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl and lisasanders1964

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: America Not Great. Life Expectancy Declines Since Trump Elected: Suicides, Drug Abuse

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    They say us old white guys are even worse.
    Toxic masculinity + white privilege = you are bad

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

Callinectes (04-02-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Sirthinksalot,

"Us middle aged white guys are constantly being told that we are the cause of all the world's problems."

Sounds like a pretty big exaggeration, mixed with a strong dose of victimhood.
    Hi Politalker,

I'd call it mild hyperbole delivered with sarcasm.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

Callinectes (04-02-2019)

5. #33 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Toxic masculinity + white privilege = you are bad
    Add conservative Christian gun owner, and we're downright evil.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Callinectes (04-02-2019), Earl (04-02-2019), Sirthinksalot (04-02-2019)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    So Trump is the sole reason life expectancy has dropped? Suicides and drug overdoses are a major contributing
    factor to the overall average age drop, not any politician. Obama didn't depress us conservatives nearly as bad
    as Trump did you chickenshit libtards. Own it, you just can't take losing without an outcry of excuses. Whaaa.
    ------------
    "He seems to be making America a very depressing place to live."

How is that? The economy is doing well, jobs are plentiful. If you're so depressed, it's
    obviously because you still cannot accept the fact that you lost an election. You libtards
    cry about everything "offending" you now and you accuse conservatives of being racist to
    continue widening the political division in our country. You lie like Jussie Smollett did.
    -----------------
    "Many people are finding the American Dream just too elusive."

Maybe it's because so many are too lazy to seek it? Entitlements seem to produce laziness.
    -----------------
    "Under President Trump's leadership, they have lost hope, lost the will to live."

Yeah, when colleges needed to hand out play-doh, hold cry-ins and cancel classes because of a
    presidential election, along with the main stream media and their reporters being so distraught,
    I'd say it's the whinny liberals who lost hope and the will to live. Let them die.
    ------------------
    "It's so sad having this narcissistic conman in the White House."

Ah yes, lets insult and blame the president because all you weak minded liberals
    who won't take it upon yourselves to become responsible and contributing citizens.
    I have made it absolutely clear that if you go off on me, you go on my permanent Ignore list. No exceptions.

I am perfectly happy to discuss politics with anyone who can do so with mutual respect, in the manner of civil discourse

Your reply is not it.

I enjoy hearing the political thoughts of conservatives who can voice them while showing * simple * common * decency. It is not too much to ask. There is a reason disrespect is not allowed in Congress - they would never get anything done. It's conversation poison.

I am interested in hearing why you believe the things you do, as long as you have valid reasons for favoring the policy you would like to see. Hatred is not a valid reason. Hatred is wrong. Telling somebody off, calling them a bunch of names, that's not discussing politics. That is a line crossed. Once you begin with the name-calling you are not longer discussing politics; you are then simply unloading frustrations and stress. I refuse to be your punching bag. Not gonna do that.

If I were to allow people to do this and continue to talk to them, then I become their enabler for online abuse.

Anybody can tell me off once. That's on you. And that is my warning that if I DON'T immediately place you on permanent Ignore, then I am tacitly saying that is OK with me, that I will be your enabler for you to abuse me. Not gonna happen. This is where it has to be shut down.

I do hope you have a good life, RB 60. I have no malice. I don't think you are a bad person. I don't hate you at all. I simply don't want you in my life any more. You lost it and went off on me. You challenged me to make good on my word. I do make good on my word. I am trustworthy. I put it out there in my PIP that I would do this to anybody who goes off on me. You challenged my PIP. Nobody is immune. I have my standards and you crossed the line. I refuse to lower my standards, or make any exceptions.

You are now Ignored and thread banned. You are no longer allowed to talk to me or comment in my threads. You can talk AT me all you like. Usually, people in your position are prompted to have a rant about how unreasonable I am being. Knock yourself out. You may as well be talking to a brick wall. I won't read it. I think you are the one who was unreasonable by expecting me to indulge in an insult contest instead of a political discussion. I came here to talk about just plain politics. Pardon me. I don't get the part of that which means politics + flames.

I don't know why you bothered to even include any discussion about the subject. Did you think I was going to reply to a single word you said if it is mixed with such hatred and vitriol? Well, if you did, you are sadly mistaken. Not only will I not reply to what you said, I'll go ya one more. I'll never reply to another word you say again. *Ever* You just became the latest example that I mean what I say.

Note to all: Anyone who wishes to address me and enter into a discussion should take note. I do not reply to people who say things like "you chickenshit libtards." I am not going to call you anything like that. I am not going to stereotype all conservatives. I think everyone is an individual. If you are an individual who can talk about the issues facing our nation and do so respectfully, then I will be happy to discuss any political subject at length. Bring it on. I want what is best for the USA, for the world, for humanity. I am interested in hearing your views on how to solve the problems of the world.

I don't think that needs to involve hate. Hatred is wrong. Humans have not progressed through hatred. Hatred is moving backwards. Hatred causes wars and destruction. We didn't get what we have by taking it away from other people. We have become advanced by building things, by learning, by developing new science, by working together. Name-calling is not working together.

Good luck in the rest of your life. If your political positions require a punching bag, I hope you find one. I ain't it. Good bye forever.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Guess again.

The economy is doing OK.

It was doing OK before Trump was elected.
    It was doing okay before Trump was elected in ANTICIPATION of Trump being elected, or any other republican for that matter. Same thing happened before the other Clinton was elected. Remember “it’s the economy stupid “? Bush kept saying the economy was doing okay but everyone said he was out of touch. So as soon as bill gets elected, the economy turns around (due mostly to the tech boom). The difference this time is under Obama, the economy was sucking ass and we were being told to get used to it. I don’t think most Americans want to be told that economically there is no HOPE, and all of the CHANGE is going to be for the worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

9. #36 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I have made it absolutely clear that if you go off on me, you go on my permanent Ignore list. No exceptions.

I am perfectly happy to discuss politics with anyone who can do so with mutual respect, in the manner of civil discourse

Your reply is not it.

I enjoy hearing the political thoughts of conservatives who can voice them while showing * simple * common * decency. It is not too much to ask. There is a reason disrespect is not allowed in Congress - they would never get anything done. It's conversation poison.

I am interested in hearing why you believe the things you do, as long as you have valid reasons for favoring the policy you would like to see. Hatred is not a valid reason. Hatred is wrong. Telling somebody off, calling them a bunch of names, that's not discussing politics. That is a line crossed. Once you begin with the name-calling you are not longer discussing politics; you are then simply unloading frustrations and stress. I refuse to be your punching bag. Not gonna do that.

If I were to allow people to do this and continue to talk to them, then I become their enabler for online abuse.

Anybody can tell me off once. That's on you. And that is my warning that if I DON'T immediately place you on permanent Ignore, then I am tacitly saying that is OK with me, that I will be your enabler for you to abuse me. Not gonna happen. This is where it has to be shut down.

I do hope you have a good life, RB 60. I have no malice. I don't think you are a bad person. I don't hate you at all. I simply don't want you in my life any more. You lost it and went off on me. You challenged me to make good on my word. I do make good on my word. I am trustworthy. I put it out there in my PIP that I would do this to anybody who goes off on me. You challenged my PIP. Nobody is immune. I have my standards and you crossed the line. I refuse to lower my standards, or make any exceptions.

You are now Ignored and thread banned. You are no longer allowed to talk to me or comment in my threads. You can talk AT me all you like. Usually, people in your position are prompted to have a rant about how unreasonable I am being. Knock yourself out. You may as well be talking to a brick wall. I won't read it. I think you are the one who was unreasonable by expecting me to indulge in an insult contest instead of a political discussion. I came here to talk about just plain politics. Pardon me. I don't get the part of that which means politics + flames.

I don't know why you bothered to even include any discussion about the subject. Did you think I was going to reply to a single word you said if it is mixed with such hatred and vitriol? Well, if you did, you are sadly mistaken. Not only will I not reply to what you said, I'll go ya one more. I'll never reply to another word you say again. *Ever* You just became the latest example that I mean what I say.

Note to all: Anyone who wishes to address me and enter into a discussion should take note. I do not reply to people who say things like "you chickenshit libtards." I am not going to call you anything like that. I am not going to stereotype all conservatives. I think everyone is an individual. If you are an individual who can talk about the issues facing our nation and do so respectfully, then I will be happy to discuss any political subject at length. Bring it on. I want what is best for the USA, for the world, for humanity. I am interested in hearing your views on how to solve the problems of the world.

I don't think that needs to involve hate. Hatred is wrong. Humans have not progressed through hatred. Hatred is moving backwards. Hatred causes wars and destruction. We didn't get what we have by taking it away from other people. We have become advanced by building things, by learning, by developing new science, by working together. Name-calling is not working together.

Good luck in the rest of your life. If your political positions require a punching bag, I hope you find one. I ain't it. Good bye forever.
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Bye.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (04-02-2019)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez,

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    It was doing okay before Trump was elected in ANTICIPATION of Trump being elected, or any other republican for that matter. Same thing happened before the other Clinton was elected. Remember “it’s the economy stupid “? Bush kept saying the economy was doing okay but everyone said he was out of touch. So as soon as bill gets elected, the economy turns around (due mostly to the tech boom). The difference this time is under Obama, the economy was sucking ass and we were being told to get used to it. I don’t think most Americans want to be told that economically there is no HOPE, and all of the CHANGE is going to be for the worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez: "The difference this time is under Obama, the economy was sucking ass and we were being told to get used to it. I don’t think most Americans want to be told that economically there is no HOPE, and all of the CHANGE is going to be for the worse "

I would absolutely agree that Americans do not want to be told that. That would be a lie. Most Americans do not like to be lied to. Trump fans do not represent most Americans.

We disagree on how well the economy was doing before Trump. We must be getting our information from different places. The economic charts I've been looking at show that the economy turned around during President Obama's first term, and has been growing ever since.

Economic Growth Chart From The US Treasury By Year

If you were told that the economy was 'sucking ass' and that there was 'no hope,' that you should 'get used to it, and that all change was 'for the worse,' then you were lied to. That was completely false information.

I understand Trump fans are going to have to rewrite history here, claim the economy was not doing OK under Obama. They want to believe Trump turned it all around. That is simply not true. The economy was doing OK before Trump was elected, and it was doing OK well before he even declared his intention to run. There was no anticipation factor involved. All that happened was the stock market spiked the day after the election and has done well since.

The stock market is not the economy. Most Americans do not own any or much stock. Most stock is owned by the very rich. The stock market doing well does not mean abundant well-paying good secure jobs with great benefits. It does not mean a growing middle class. The stock market doing well does not translate into a strong middle class.

Big profits for the very rich often mean workers losing good jobs, being downgraded into lousy jobs or no jobs. Profits and gains for the rich often come from reducing labor costs, destroying good jobs. The unemployment rate may be low, but that is a misleading figure. Many are underemployed or working jobs for which they are over-qualified, thus displacing other applicants, forcing them to take lousy jobs. 78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Personal debt and student debt are way up. The recovery has been great for the rich, but not so great for the rest. The rich have pocketed most of the gains of the 'improving economy.'

This is really kind of a sick economy, not a solid one. Our economic growth is unsustainable. We are now poised for the next recession. The recession-pump is primed. Nobody trusts it. There have been repeated huge falls in the DOW. People are nervous, ready to bolt at the first sign that another big crash is happening. There is too much debt. We are not collecting enough revenue to reduce the deficit, which is approaching one billion dollars. Spending a billion more than we take in is not sustainable. Profiteers can ignore this basic math all they like, but it simply cannot last.

We have now been stupidly placed in a bad position. The Trump tax cut was irresponsible. The smart thing would have been to reduce the deficit during the strong economic gains. It was foolish to have a tax cut. Sure, the DOW took off. But it was on borrowed money and borrowed time. It can't last.

Now we are in a bad position. In order to get the debt/GDP ratio down we have to do one of two things: Raise taxes or cut spending. Doing either will slow the economy. Raising taxes enough will mute economic growth, and cutting spending enough would cause a recession. And you can't fix the deficit during a recession. That is when government has to spend more to pick up the slack that the market cannot.

President Trump has stupidly painted us into an economic corner with no way out.

Deep down, people know this. It's depressing. They are killing themselves. Our life expectancy rate is dropping. It is sad what Trump has done to America for his own sick power and profit.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-02-2019)