Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl and lisasanders1964

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: America Not Great. Life Expectancy Declines Since Trump Elected: Suicides, Drug Abuse

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    I'm tired of chicken liberals screaming that the sky is falling and conservatives are causing it.
    I think it's fair to say that both sides exaggerate how bad the other side is. Look at how many Conservatives use fear-mongering. They paint Liberals out as baby-killers who want to exterminate Christians. Obama was accused of being a Communist Muslim who planned on taking the guns and setting up death panels. While that might make a good movie, it's fucking insane to accuse him of that.

You want to cut down on so-called Trump induced suicides? Stop making him out to be the anti-Christ!
    I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I don't think Trump is solely responsible for the rise in suicides. But the same way some Liberals are blaming it completely on him, most Conservatives are totally ignoring the role he's playing. Trickle down economics fails every single time. I wish the Right would just accept this instead of acting like if they admit they were wrong, the "other team" wins.
    Trump's policies actually are causing the rise in suicides. However, there are plenty of other factors.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    I am one of those veterans who served their country, in two wars. We are not talking about those tortured souls(who are, unfortunately and not by any fault of their own, mentally ill). We are discussing depressed white, drug addicted alcoholic men who evidently voted for Trump and then committed suicide. I feel safe calling them nuts because I don't think there are any of them out there, and if any of you little lefty twinkle puffs out there want to self identify as suicidal white male alcoholic drug addicts who voted for Trump, I got a message for you: You're nuttier than a squirrel turd. Put down the crack pipe, dump the booze down the drain(or give it to me, I drink responsibly), get a hobby and join a 12 step program(no joke, they work, one of the reasons my dad lived a long life). How can you let ANY politician live rent free in your head like that?
    Tell me something ass hat, how can one like you be so fucking stupid you cannot understand what I wrote? I served from '62 to '65, quit doing drugs in '69, quit coffee in '71, quit drinking in '79, quit smoking in 2014. I have three brothers all of which used AA to quit. I love to fish, travel, and garden.

Now tell me fool, what has that to do with Trump cutting the funding for drug treatment programs, and mental health programs?

Your post sounds like you still have a drug/alcohol problem. Or is it just mental illness.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    People are finding life increasingly depressing in Trump's America.

In some cases, just too depressing to want to live.

Suicides are up.

Drug abuse is up.

Alcoholism up.

It doesn't seem like Trump is making America great at all.

He seems to be making America a very depressing place to live.

Wall Street is doing great.

Main Street, not so good.

Where are the good secure jobs with good benefits he promised?

Many people are finding the American Dream just too elusive.

Under President Trump's leadership, they have lost hope, lost the will to live.

It's so sad having this narcissistic conman in the White House.

We have little to look up to besides hatred and vitriol.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Life Expectancy In Decline

America will soon need to deal with Trump Country refugees, maybe chain link pens under NYC overpasses?

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    America will soon need to deal with Trump Country refugees, maybe chain link pens under NYC overpasses?
    He's making immigration worse on purpose to motivate his base. He cut off funding for anti-drug trafficking programs in Central America. There was no crisis until he created one.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Hello reagansghost,

He's making immigration worse on purpose to motivate his base. He cut off funding for anti-drug trafficking programs in Central America. There was no crisis until he created one.
    hahaha! tell that same thing to the last few presidents as well...hypocrite.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From the OP link: "Experts aren’t entirely sure what’s driving this trend but cite financial problems, the current hostile political climate, and a general sense of hopelessness."

Well seeing as how millions of Americans are regularly broke, and couldn't produce $400 if they needed it right away, living paycheck to paycheck, sometimes going hungry, many despite hard work, it is understandable they would feel a general sense of hopelessness.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    hahaha! tell that same thing to the last few presidents as well...hypocrite.
    If you look at the charts, immigration has been in general decline. The increase began after Trump called it a crisis. What did he know when and why? Maybe he has been lying that he's trying to reduce it, saying one thing but doing another, as he actually sets policy to increase immigration...

This would serve to cement his base behind him and all he has to do is publicly whip up hatred against immigrants. Let's don't just put him past this. After all, he IS a conman.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Stretch,

If you look at the charts, immigration has been in general decline. The increase began after Trump called it a crisis. What did he know when and why? Maybe he has been lying that he's trying to reduce it, saying one thing but doing another, as he actually sets policy to increase immigration...

This would serve to cement his base behind him and all he has to do is publicly whip up hatred against immigrants. Let's don't just put him past this. After all, he IS a conman.
    well doh! Our economy is gangbusters, of course they want in.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    well doh! Our economy is gangbusters, of course they want in.
    Guess again.

The economy is doing OK.

It was doing OK before Trump was elected.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

yeah, right.
    pain in abortion.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good lord, blaming life expectancy figures on the president. Can you get more retarded?

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    Tell me something ass hat, how can one like you be so fucking stupid you cannot understand what I wrote? I served from '62 to '65, quit doing drugs in '69, quit coffee in '71, quit drinking in '79, quit smoking in 2014. I have three brothers all of which used AA to quit. I love to fish, travel, and garden.
    So I guess I nailed it, huh?
    Now tell me fool, what has that to do with Trump cutting the funding for drug treatment programs, and mental health programs?
    Nothing. But you should start a thread on the subject if you're that passionate about it. This one is about depressed white, drug addicted alcoholic men who evidently voted for Trump and then committed suicide. Ask Politalker, he started it.
    Your post sounds like you still have a drug/alcohol problem. Or is it just mental illness.
    Nope, sorry. And the status of my mental health may be up for debate, but rest assured that if there is any illness it is NOT caused by any politician!
    Thank you for your service
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

[QUOTE=Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez;2966599]
    So I guess I nailed it, huh?
    Not even close.

Nothing. But you should start a thread on the subject if you're that passionate about it. This one is about depressed white, drug addicted alcoholic men who evidently voted for Trump and then committed suicide. Ask Politalker, he started it.
    Are they not the ones that need the help Trump is eliminating?

Nope, sorry. And the status of my mental health may be up for debate, but rest assured that if there is any illness it is NOT caused by any politician!
    Thank you for your service
    Who said the illness was caused by a politician? It is the cure I am speaking of that is being denied,

TY for your service.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

14. #29 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,602 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Perhaps these middle aged white men are taking what the liberals say about them to heart. Us middle aged white guys are constantly being told that we are the cause of all the world's problems.
    They say us old white guys are even worse.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

15. #30 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,602 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

People are finding life increasingly depressing in Trump's America.

In some cases, just too depressing to want to live.

Suicides are up.

Drug abuse is up.

Alcoholism up.

It doesn't seem like Trump is making America great at all.

He seems to be making America a very depressing place to live.

Wall Street is doing great.

Main Street, not so good.

Where are the good secure jobs with good benefits he promised?

Many people are finding the American Dream just too elusive.

Under President Trump's leadership, they have lost hope, lost the will to live.

It's so sad having this narcissistic conman in the White House.

We have little to look up to besides hatred and vitriol.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Life Expectancy In Decline
    So Trump is the sole reason life expectancy has dropped? Suicides and drug overdoses are a major contributing
    factor to the overall average age drop, not any politician. Obama didn't depress us conservatives nearly as bad
    as Trump did you chickenshit libtards. Own it, you just can't take losing without an outcry of excuses. Whaaa.
    ------------
    "He seems to be making America a very depressing place to live."

How is that? The economy is doing well, jobs are plentiful. If you're so depressed, it's
    obviously because you still cannot accept the fact that you lost an election. You libtards
    cry about everything "offending" you now and you accuse conservatives of being racist to
    continue widening the political division in our country. You lie like Jussie Smollett did.
    -----------------
    "Many people are finding the American Dream just too elusive."

Maybe it's because so many are too lazy to seek it? Entitlements seem to produce laziness.
    -----------------
    "Under President Trump's leadership, they have lost hope, lost the will to live."

Yeah, when colleges needed to hand out play-doh, hold cry-ins and cancel classes because of a
    presidential election, along with the main stream media and their reporters being so distraught,
    I'd say it's the whinny liberals who lost hope and the will to live. Let them die.
    ------------------
    "It's so sad having this narcissistic conman in the White House."

Ah yes, lets insult and blame the president because all you weak minded liberals
    who won't take it upon yourselves to become responsible and contributing citizens.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.