Thread: Skeptic Discussion - 600BC Babylon Nuclear Bomb Seal FAKE

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Default Skeptic Discussion - 600BC Babylon Nuclear Bomb Seal FAKE

Theres been conjecture within the paranormal circles that there might've been an ancient nuclear war around 12,000 years ago. They claim evidence of this war is found in ancient impact sites where large craters were formed with turquoise glasses which are also found in impact sites of modern nuclear bombs. They dont consider that asteroids and large meteors could cause this same effect. They also use the ancient India religious texts as proof of ancient nuclear technologies. This thread isnt to discuss their claims on ancient tech but to denounce a forgery used to further this paranormal belief.

On some YouTube videos this photo is used to promote ancient tech beliefs.
    babylon_cylindrical_seal_nuclear_bomb.jpg
    All uses of this photo appear without bibliographical reference, so Googling some factual information is difficult without some information. Also, Google seems to be trying to bury the truth about this artifact if you try searching for debunk pages on it. But eventually I was able to track the truth using Google.

This page calls the nuclear seal modern art.
    https://truestrange.com/2017/09/01/a...no-modern-art/

I read some time ago that this forgery was initially used to validate an archaeological site to stop construction so that scientists could dig the area. I cant seem to find that page again. But this Steven Parker of Acme Clockworks was the man who forged this cylinder and although this fact is out there its buried beneath the claims of the artifacts authenticity. I guess people want to pretend to believe a lie even when the truth is available. Whatever the story with this artifact is, I missed the party. The thing of importance though is that when artifacts are manufactured to represent scientific claims not only does a forgerer suffer from his dishonesty, the whole scientific community suffers. Things like this are what keep real scientists on edge.

Learn from pros how to detect a fake.
    http://www.collector-antiquities.com...der-seals.html

In closing it appears that Mr. Steven Parker created this artifact as probably a personal novelty and then thought to use it to help secure an archaeological site and then when he was found out he tried to save his reputation with saying that it was modern art. Whatever the case is there seems to be a lot of people trying to cover for him and bury the truth.
    Last edited by Part Multi 313; 03-29-2019 at 07:07 PM.