Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A challenge to the anti-gun crowd here. - part deux

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Since Stone runs from facts and any information that destroys his assertions, I have decided to expose how ludicrous he really is.

Here's his "reasoning" for banning higher capacity magazines:

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Changing the size of the magazine would make it harder to kill more people on a shooting spree.
    Bullets are needed to kill people. A gun with less bullets can kill less people. Having to reload will literally save lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Now I know it's around 14 minutes in length; but that's a small price to pay, for seeing FACTS instead of assumptions.
    Yes, I said shorter magazines would force the shooter to reload more times, thus giving people extra time to escape. You have yet to argue against this point, because you can't.
    I offered him the following film to watch, so he could see his error; but he just can't accept being in error:

Changing the size of the magazine would make it harder to kill more people on a shooting spree.
    Bullets are needed to kill people. A gun with less bullets can kill less people. Having to reload will literally save lives.
    Yes, I said shorter magazines would force the shooter to reload more times, thus giving people extra time to escape. You have yet to argue against this point, because you can't.
    Now I know it's around 14 minutes in length; but that's a small price to pay, for seeing FACTS instead of assumptions.

Using a semi-auto pistol and firing 30 rounds

…………………………………………………..Trained shooter...…………....Untrained shooter

15 round magazines 2@..........20.64 sec...………………………...22.9 sec
    10 round magazines 3@..........18.85 sec...………………………...25.51 sec
    6 round magazines 5@............21,45 sec...………………………..26.93 sec

Now lets use an AR-15 and fire 20 rounds

…………………………………………………..Trained shooter...…………....Untrained shooter

20 round magazines 1@..........12.16 sec...………………………...12.26 sec
    10 round magazines 2@..........10.73 sec...………………………...14.63 sec
    …………………………………………………..Train shooter...…………....Untrained shooter

Then there's a segment about someone trying to tackle the shooter, while the shooter is reloading, from 25 ft:

……………………………….Trained shooter...………....Untrained shooter
    ......………………………………………....9 ft...…….…………...looks like around 18 ft

But what about Revolvers (5@ / 6 shot revolvers) using the "New York Reload Method":

......……………………………..30 rounds / 18.8 seconds

So Stone, try to defend your assertion or not.

Your decision and reputation.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Since Stone runs from facts and any information that destroys his assertions, I have decided to expose how ludicrous he really is.
    Lie. This is the first time you actually argued against this point. I asked you to do so before, but you refused to. Instead, you just posted a video that you probably didn't understand.

I offered him the following film to watch, so he could see his error; but he just can't accept being in error:
    Another lie. I said I didn't care to watch the video, but I would listen to your argument. You just failed to present one.

So Stone, try to defend your assertion or not.
    So I don't know how an AR-15 would need longer to fire with a shorter magazine. I'd say this is probably untrue, especially since this says that a trained shooter could fire faster with the 10 round than with the 20 round. You see there is an inconsistency here, right?
    And either way, this doesn't disprove the theory that people would have a better chance of escaping during reloading times. If anything, it says that the AR-15 itself should be banned, which I would be fine with. But like I said, this is probably untrue, due to the inconsistency.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

1 - Lie. This is the first time you actually argued against this point. I asked you to do so before, but you refused to. Instead, you just posted a video that you probably didn't understand.

2 - Another lie. I said I didn't care to watch the video, but I would listen to your argument. You just failed to present one.

3 - So I don't know how an AR-15 would need longer to fire with a shorter magazine. I'd say this is probably untrue, especially since this says that a trained shooter could fire faster with the 10 round than with the 20 round. You see there is an inconsistency here, right?

4 - And either way, this doesn't disprove the theory that people would have a better chance of escaping during reloading times. If anything, it says that the AR-15 itself should be banned, which I would be fine with. But like I said, this is probably untrue, due to the inconsistency.
    1 - You ran; because you didn't want to see a video that destroyed your entire premise.

2 - The video was the argument or are you unable to figure that out; because without the video, you would have just said that my figures offered no proof.

3 - Then PROVE IT.

4 - Did you fail to notice that 5 (6 shot) revolvers can be fired faster then 1 / 30 round AR-15 Magazine??

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

1 - You ran; because you didn't want to see a video that destroyed your entire premise.
    Actually, I told you that I didn't care to watch the video, but I would listen to your argument if you had the ability to explain it.

2 - The video was the argument or are you unable to figure that out; because without the video, you would have just said that my figures offered no proof.
    A video isn't proof. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you got your figures from the video, but they're obviously wrong.

3 - Then PROVE IT.
    Prove what? That a shooter needs to stop shooting to reload, thus giving people a chance to escape? Do you not follow the logic there?

4 - Did you fail to notice that 5 (6 shot) revolvers can be fired faster then 1 / 30 round AR-15 Magazine??
    Not according to your numbers. Did you get them wrong?

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,035 Times in 13,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    From your article.

Doesn't that skew your claims about "gun violence"?
    No, because it is also consistent with homicides via guns

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    No, because it is also consistent with homicides via guns
    Your statement doesn't make any sense. How does lumping suicides in with homicide, paint an accurate picture concerning victims of gun violence?
    Every life matters

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

1 - Actually, I told you that I didn't care to watch the video, but I would listen to your argument if you had the ability to explain it.

2 - A video isn't proof. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you got your figures from the video, but they're obviously wrong.

3 - Prove what? That a shooter needs to stop shooting to reload, thus giving people a chance to escape? Do you not follow the logic there?

4 - Not according to your numbers. Did you get them wrong?
    1 - I had already told you that the video would refute your assertion; but YOU WERE scared to view it.

2 - A video isn't proof?? You're delusional.

3 - You're said: "So I don't know how an AR-15 would need longer to fire with a shorter magazine. I'd say this is probably untrue, especially since this says that a trained shooter could fire faster with the 10 round than with the 20 round. You see there is an inconsistency here, right"?

So prove it; because you denying it, isn't proof.

4 - Show how the numbers are wrong, when firing 30 rounds!!

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your statement doesn't make any sense. How does lumping suicides in with homicide, paint an accurate picture concerning victims of gun violence?
    Looks like the left FEEL that they're were never any suicides committed, PRIOR to the invention of the firearm.

:facepaim:

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

On another JPP thread, Stone is trying to make it look like something is true; just because HE SAID IT WAS SO.

His contention is that smaller magazines will make it possible for someone to escape, while they "reload"; but the video I provided, disproves what he FEELS.

He doesn't understand that proof is tangible and not just subjective to someone saying it is proof.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,035 Times in 13,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Because homocides, which represent approximately a third of all gun deaths, follows the same tendencies, States with stricter gun laws generally have less homicides

And please, not Chicago again, when you are surrounded by gun States, one less than twenty minutes away, you are going to be flooded with guns

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because homocides, which represent approximately a third of all gun deaths, follows the same tendencies, States with stricter gun laws generally have less homicides

And please, not Chicago again, when you are surrounded by gun States, one less than twenty minutes away, you are going to be flooded with guns
    Soooo, nothing but standard excuses, and no logical answers. Go back to sleep.
    Every life matters

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Looks like the left FEEL that they're were never any suicides committed, PRIOR to the invention of the firearm.

:facepaim:
    Or that suicides will suddenly stop if people no longer owned guns.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

There you go again making excuses.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is actually what I posted elsewhere. Anyone that wants to kill will find a way. There are too many other things to use. They will, also, but them illegally no matter the laws, while those that will do so legally for protection will have more difficulty.

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I never had any proof and all I had were my FEELS; because I'm a pathetic ass
    Well, you've had plenty of chances to provide your proof.