Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye everyone...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Goodbye everyone...

darla recently decided it would be a hoot to post an unauthorized picture of a wounded Marine in some anti military rant, that is one of the most dispicable, and low class things I've seen since the code pink protesters at Walter Reed. I refuse to particiate in anything that allows or uses pictures of wounded Vets, without their consent, to be propagandizied, politicized, or exploited in such a manor, and so I will be parting company with the community for now.

[ame="http://justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=11536"]Thinking of enlisting - Just Plain Politics![/ame]

I know I've butted heads with many here, but I've always tried to bring my philosophies, and ideals, with links and back them up with rigorous debate. We may not always agree on things, but I want most of you to know, and you who you are, I've known many of you for years now, and I don't do this easily, but Goodbye.

Thank you Damo, for providing the community.

WRL

The Obama Deficit:1,700,000,000,000.00
    The US Debt. 44% foreign subsidized

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Damo, this is pathetic of you to even post what you did, over this fucking hack.

I thought it might be someone who actually mattered, like Soc.

Jesus christ, what a joke.

3. #3 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Seems like an over-reaction. From the looks of the photo it was a news photo of a soldier receiving a medal.

If you want to leave then do so. Making a scene about it seems an attempt to manipulate the situation.

There are two sides to this argument. One talks about the honor and glory of serving your country. The other talks about the deaths and maiming of young men. Its the way its always been. There is nothing new here. To claim righteous indignation because the soldier did not give his permission is just sanctimonious bullshit.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Say that to a Marine and see what happens.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Damo, this is pathetic of you to even post what you did, over this fucking hack.

I thought it might be someone who actually mattered, like Soc.

Jesus christ, what a joke.
    I've "known" WRL since before Bush was ever elected. We may not perfectly agree but we are certainly friends.

Whether you like him or not, I don't like losing posters because of crap like this.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    Seems like an over-reaction. From the looks of the photo it was a news photo of a soldier receiving a medal.

If you want to leave then do so. Making a scene about it seems an attempt to manipulate the situation.

There are two sides to this argument. One talks about the honor and glory of serving your country. The other talks about the deaths and maiming of young men. Its the way its always been. There is nothing new here. To claim righteous indignation because the soldier did not give his permission is just sanctimonious bullshit.
    Sad to say, that solidier is dead. He recently died of his wounds, after many operations. So there is no way to get his permission, which he probably would not give.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I've "known" WRL since before Bush was ever elected. We may not perfectly agree but we are certainly friends.

Whether you like him or not, I don't like losing posters because of crap like this.
    So delete the picture and block me Damo.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Say that to a Marine and see what happens.
    Would he kill me? Is that how marines fight for our freedom? What would he do to me WRL? Be specific.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sad to say, that solidier is dead. He recently died of his wounds, after many operations. So there is no way to get his permission, which he probably would not give.
    And you used it anyway, which is the lowest, trashiest, most despicable thing one could do, that man suffered and gave all for this country, and you can't even give him the decency of not propagandizing his wounds.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Would he kill me? Is that how marines fight for our freedom? What would he do to me WRL? Be specific.
    You dishonor the wounded or dead around and Soldiers or Marines, and you might want a vanishing cloak.

11. #11 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

I would be happy to say that to a marine. I would say it to a soldier, sailor or airman as well. I am not slurring any of those fine branches of our military.

And just as an FYI, I proudly display my own honorable discharge.

My post was not about anyone but you. There was no slur on that wounded marine (he subsequently died, I believe).

You think its terrible for someone to use his image to make sure a potential enlistee is aware of what could happen? You think we should hide the wounded and dead from enlistees so they will only see the shiny medals and crisp uniforms? Sorry sparky, but that ain't the whole picture.

Yes, there is a great deal of honor in serving your country. To be part of a long tradition of men and women who were prepared to die to serve is a noble thing.

But there is another side. That side is young men and women dying thousands of miles from home. It is blood spilled on foreign soil. It is families grieving for the loss of a loved one. And that loss and those deaths had damn well better be worth it. A politician who is willing to send those young men & women to die for anything less than our safety should be drawn and quartered.

You bitch and moan about this soldier's picture being posted. He willingly posed for this picture.

My father-in-law was spit on when he returned from Vietnam. No parades, no speeches by politicians, and no band playing when he got off the plane. Just a handful of protesters spitting and calling him "baby-killer".

Oh there are reasons to be mad. But this is not one of them.

Leave if you want, but don't try and make it sound like you are taking the high moral ground. And don't talk to me like I am some pimply faced kid without a clue. I served. My family served. I have dear friends who never returned from their service. I know the price paid, and its a dear one. But anyone who thinks that the young men CHOOSING to serve should do so without seeing the worst their service may offer is just trying to bullshit the enlistees. And worst of all, trying to bullshit themselves.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So delete the picture and block me Damo.
    Why don't you have a little dignity, self respect, and honor, and remove it yourself.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And you used it anyway, which is the lowest, trashiest, most despicable thing one could do, that man suffered and gave all for this country, and you can't even give him the decency of not propagandizing his wounds.
    Showing them is propagandizing them? The cold hard fact is, he got those wounds due directly to propaganda. He'd be alive today if it wasn't for Bush's propaganda, and useful idiots like yourself.

Hiding deaths from this war is propaganda. Hiding wounds from this war is propaganda. Hiding caskets is propaganda. You have swallowed more propaganda, and dissemated more of it, than anyone on this board, save Dixie, so don't you ever wave your finger in my face.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why don't you have a little dignity, self respect, and honor, and remove it yourself.
    I think that Bush, and his poopaganda acolytes, such as yourself, have cleansed enough of the misery out of this war, so that Joe American can go about their life without thinking about who is suffering and how much, on account of this lie of a war.

I wouldn't dream of contributing to that white wash.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You dishonor the wounded or dead around and Soldiers or Marines, and you might want a vanishing cloak.
    So your position is that the United State Marines, would murder me for posting a picture of a wounded marine? This is your freedom?