Thread: Seattle is dying

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I seen this first in NYC when reagan & carter to a lesser extent "liberated" the mentally ill, essentially closing the mental institutions & throwing the mentally ill out on the streets for society to deal w/.........

You have a place you want to put them??? What is your solution?? I would really like to hear it...
    The documentary I posted explains it towards the end. I realize no one here has time to watch the whole thing. I did because we plan on moving to the area by summer of 2020 (yes I am going to retire, hard to believe).
    Sad thing is, is that the Seattle mayor and complicit city council's 'solution' is to: " Their answer to increased homelessness is to increase taxes to give the homeless more free stuff .
    Their answer to increased crime is to make fewer arrests. "
    Really?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Bill (03-27-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I was talking about the stuff on Portland.
    When was the last time you visited downtown Portland? Because I can tell you I'd rather live in a septic tank it's that nasty.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-01-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    The documentary I posted explains it towards the end. I realize no one here has time to watch the whole thing. I did because we plan on moving to the area by summer of 2020 (yes I am going to retire, hard to believe).
    Sad thing is, is that the Seattle mayor and complicit city council's 'solution' is to: " Their answer to increased homelessness is to increase taxes to give the homeless more free stuff .
    Their answer to increased crime is to make fewer arrests. "
    Really?
    I did watch it to the end, very, very good, although it didn't mention the costs involved which may scare some, but it would be an investment w/ a payoff a bit further down the road..

We have exactly the same prob here in the Sacto area...

I have cousins in the Seattle area & they have begun to complain about it as well..

Glad you are finally going to retire although I am a bit surprised it will be Seattle...

I was impressed w/ the 93% of folks sticking w/ the meds etc once they are out but those are the lucky ones, the ones that are capable of moving back into society, there are many, as can be seen in the vid that are nuts for lack of a better word & prob would need other meds/methods or simply some type of institutional type setting where they will be unable to self-medicate~for the rest of their lives.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Glad you are finally going to retire although I am a bit surprised it will be Seattle...
    Well not in Seattle. We know the area well enough to stay out of King County. It could be anywhere to Olympia to the south to Bellingham to the north. Oak Harbor possibly or somewhere east of Seattle. It's a big area. We just call it 'Seattle'.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Bill (03-27-2019)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well not in Seattle. We know the area well enough to stay out of King County. It could be anywhere to Olympia to the south to Bellingham to the north. Oak Harbor possibly or somewhere east of Seattle. It's a big area. We just call it 'Seattle'.
    Cool, lots of nice places around there, but as I mentioned my cousins, they live south of the city & are being effected by the problems... Such as theft, they are not doing anything about it, just like here in Calif so thieves just take what they want & nothing is done about it IF IT IS UNDER $900, & no, that is not a typO $900.00
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Cool, lots of nice places around there, but as I mentioned my cousins, they live south of the city & are being effected by the problems... Such as theft, they are not doing anything about it, just like here in Calif so thieves just take what they want & nothing is done about it IF IT IS UNDER $900, & no, that is not a typO $900.00
    Same is happening here. Exactly. Car theft is rampant and the thieves walk the first two times. They only get prosecuted after their third theft. How many cars do they actually steal after being caught the third time? Shoplifting is not a crime. Don't bother calling the police unless somebody's shot, they won't come.
    What's going on in this country?

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    salt lake city is a festering shithole
    Not hardly. It's only 2.7% black.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sounds like the part of California where you live is a shithole.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Same is happening here. Exactly. Car theft is rampant and the thieves walk the first two times. They only get prosecuted after their third theft. How many cars do they actually steal after being caught the third time? Shoplifting is not a crime. Don't bother calling the police unless somebody's shot, they won't come.
    What's going on in this country?
    Wow, surprising that they tolerate that up there, I thought they would be more of a shoot first ask later type of frontier folk??
    You recall how they handled all of them during & the left-overs after Mardi Gras??

Put them on a bus & drive them to the county line, tell them you come back you going to prison for a long time... Vast majority walked over the bridge & never returned..

Actually SF sued Reno for doing that a few years ago. Reno was giving "some folks" one way tix to SF & a few bucks....... Was working till they found out about it..

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Sounds like the part of California where you live is a shithole.
    Yea, nothing fancy like your place w/ high standards only allowin double wides & such...

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yea, nothing fancy like your place w/ high standards only allowin double wides & such...
    You seem to know a lot about double wides. I know nothing about them. None where I am, boy. Safest city in the State. It has a 0/1000 violent crime rate.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    You seem to know a lot about double wides. I know nothing about them. None where I am, boy. Safest city in the State. It has a 0/1000 violent crime rate.
    That's nice, I am happy for you.. We all rest a lil better knowing you are safe....

Did you actually have a comment on the topic or just trolling from your safe place today??

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Anyone remember what Salt Lake City, in the red state of Utah, realized, and did? I feel it ironic, that the people many other Christians pushed away, are showing the wannabe Christians out there, how it's done.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What did they do??

The vid is pretty good, towards the end they are actually offering viable alternatives that are working..

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's nice, I am happy for you.. We all rest a lil better knowing you are safe....

Did you actually have a comment on the topic or just trolling from your safe place today??
    I don't believe he is capable of normal discourse in a lowbrow discussion, let alone one more thought provoking.