Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle is dying

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Yep, EVERYTHING the Dems touch turns to sh*t. And in San Francisco, this is LITERALLY the case. With maps on where to avoid human feces on the streets! Despicable and disgusting.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    With maps on where to avoid human feces on the streets!
    How considerate. Sounds like things are improving for the tourists at least.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-23-2019)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    How considerate. Sounds like things are improving for the tourists at least.
    It's hard to believe, but I've seen these maps. And the human feces are pretty much ALL OVER the city! It should be re-named San Fran Feces. Thanks, Dems!

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    It's hard to believe, but I've seen these maps. And the human feces are pretty much ALL OVER the city! It should be re-named San Fran Feces. Thanks, Dems!
    And it appears Seattle is quickly becoming just like San Francisco. Tragic.

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

They don't look at people passed out in city sidewalks and open drug use, masturbating and pissing on street corners as destroying anything. They actually see this as "culturally diverse" and positive.
    Can you actually quote anyone there, city, county, state, citizen living there that says this is a positive???

One thing I see it as certainly undemocratic......... NO ONE GETS TO VOTE ON ALLOWING THIS SHIT!!!!!

Mayor, city council etc allow it & should be voted out.

If they put it on the ballot my guess they would be running them out shortly after.....

Do you think not allowing large concentrations would help??

SPread the burden out around the country, dissipating large unhealthy & unruly concentrations & perhaps giving society & themselves a chance to rehab/get individual help etc??

Percentage wise we are doing better than many but homelessness is a world wide problem w/ few good options.....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Was in downtown Seattle yesterday. First time in about three yrs. it's gotten worse.
    Way worse. Well for normal folks.
    I'm sure the leftists consider the situation improved.
    My youngest daughter now lives in the Haight (Haight-Ashbury in SF) & they were here for a couple days & she was telling us about "the problem" there..

It isn't all over the city, they have certain areas they run them off but in other areas ppl set out food for them....... Some of her neighbors set out food, bags of apples etc...

She also said they won't arrest them for even open drug use, public intoxication etc unless they are a threat & then you have to call several times..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    My youngest daughter now lives in the Haight (Haight-Ashbury in SF) & they were here for a couple days & she was telling us about "the problem" there..

It isn't all over the city, they have certain areas they run them off but in other areas ppl set out food for them....... Some of her neighbors set out food, bags of apples etc...

She also said they won't arrest them for even open drug use, public intoxication etc unless they are a threat & then you have to call several times..
    Wife and I were just talking about the homeless thing this evening. How did this happen? Why was there no real problem 20 yrs ago and longer? What happened? We see homeless sleeping on the street in Anchorage this evening and its 15 degrees out. I'd work to do anything rather than live like that. I'd work just to be inside warm.

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wife and I were just talking about the homeless thing this evening. How did this happen? Why was there no real problem 20 yrs ago and longer? What happened? We see homeless sleeping on the street in Anchorage this evening and its 15 degrees out. I'd work to do anything rather than live like that. I'd work just to be inside warm.
    We got started talking about when we were going to a "escape room" (game) & her boyfriend runs over to a homeless guy & gives him change & she says whey did you do that, all the homeless in SF you never gave them anything, you just ignore them etc....

Anyway, perhaps it is like the O' frog in a pot, oblivious, slowly being boiled

Damn sleeping outdoors @ 15 degrees...... Laying on the ground?? no tent??

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,564 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The problem is many people work but they cannot afford to rent a place or buy a home. Can you do it on 7.25? It takes over 72 K to live comfortably in Seattle.http://seattlerefined.com/lifestyle/...bly-in-seattle The town is so successful that the home prices have driven up way beyond a workers ability to pay.

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Which Cities Have the Most Homeless People?

(While a bit dated but Florida is nice & warm & yet??)

Homelessness has surged in some U.S. cities. According to the Wall Street Journal, from 2010 to 2015, homelessness increased 42% in New York City and 12% in Seattle.

A November 2015 report (PDF) by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) ranked the top 10 large cities and top 10 small cities by their homeless populations. These counts were conducted on a single night in January.

As shown, the top three large cities (or geographic areas) with the biggest homelessness problem are NYC, Los Angeles, and Seattle, while the top three small locations are Honolulu, Orange County, and Suffolk County (on Long Island, NY).

While this is useful information, it does not put homelessness into its proper statistical context. NYC and Los Angeles are two of the largest cities in the world, so it's not a surprise that they have sizable homeless populations. On the other hand, Honolulu is not a particularly large city, yet it has nearly 5,000 homeless.

It would be far better to re-analyze this data as the number of homeless people per 100,000 population, the same way that epidemiologists and demographers measure phenomena such as mortality and homicide*. I have performed that analysis below:

Now, the data shows something radically different. Considering the large city and small city data as a single set, the cities struggling with the biggest homelessness problem are Springfield (MA), Honolulu, Boston, NYC, and San Francisco. NYC falls from #1 to #5, Los Angeles from #2 to #10, and Seattle from #3 to #9. Sonoma County (ranked #7), which was considered a "small city" by HUD, actually has a big city homelessness problem.

There may be some issues with the data. For instance, it seems odd that a town the size of Springfield, MA (a population of only 154,341) would have 3,000 homeless. Perhaps HUD meant the entire metropolitan statistical area, which has a population of 631,982. If that's the case, then it has 475 homeless per 100,000, which means the magnitude of its homelessness problem is similar to that of Seattle. Likewise, Honolulu's homeless population seems rather high. If HUD was referring to Honolulu County (population: 998,714), the prevalence drops to 491 per 100,000.

The bottom line is that, just like crime data, homelessness data must be analyzed within the context of overall population size.

Source: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. "The 2015 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress. PART 1: Point-in-Time Estimates of Homelessness." November 2015. (PDF)

*Population estimates were obtained from American FactFinder, a website operated by the U.S. Census Bureau. Eastern Pennsylvania was omitted from the analysis because the geographic region was not clearly defined.

12. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The problem is many people work but they cannot afford to rent a place or buy a home. Can you do it on 7.25? It takes over 72 K to live comfortably in Seattle.http://seattlerefined.com/lifestyle/...bly-in-seattle The town is so successful that the home prices have driven up way beyond a workers ability to pay.
    I'd pick up and move where it's cheaper. Work 40 hrs a week as a janitor or stocking shelves at Walmart in Salinas, KS or Alamorgordo, NM and you can afford an all utilities paid warm little hovel on minimum wage.

13. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'd pick up and move where it's cheaper. Work 40 hrs a week as a janitor or stocking shelves at Walmart in Salinas, KS or Alamorgordo, NM and you can afford an all utilities paid warm little hovel on minimum wage.
    Sure you would. Those places do not buy shelter at near min wage either. Assuming that people can simply move is absurd.https://www.moneycrashers.com/living...wage-possible/

14. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

15. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Sure you would.
    I did actually. Found a tiny place in the desert outside Alamogordo,NM for $150/ mo, utilities paid. That was 1992.
    Still owed a little on my student loans and I was on a mission to get those evil things paid off ASAP.
    After that I moved to Junction City, KS and found a little cave to live in for $125/ mo. Had to pay utilities though. I was saving to buy my first house (which was a dump also). That strategy paid off. Living my dream now!
    Last edited by anonymoose; 12-30-2019 at 01:32 PM.

16. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I did actually. Found a tiny place in the desert outside Alamogordo,NM for $150/ mo, utilities paid. That was 1992.
    Still owed a little on my student loans and I was on a mission to get those evil things paid off ASAP.
    So? Do you think the rent in NM would go up if millions of poor people moved there? That is not an answer at all. So happy for you. Now present a real option.