Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JUSSIE SMOLLETT COMPLETELY EXONERATED!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Jussie, just like the president, has been completely exonerated.

No other way to look at it than that.
    We really need a "funny" button to click for posts like this.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

exoneration never looked so easy........

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-27-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,662 Times in 2,116 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 89 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-26-2019)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    These are the same people that have been writing "innocent until proven guilty" over and over and over again about trump. RWNJs with selective moral outrage.
    That's when it goes to trial, you fucking retard

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you don't make deals when you're innocent. Only stupid liberal NPCs can gobble up this tasty load

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,662 Times in 2,116 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 89 Posts

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    He wrote a check. Just coincidence I guess that they purchased the very items Smollett claimed he saw, was spilled on his shirt and wore (around his neck).
    “America..America..listen to me. If you’re going to commit a crime, don’t write a check!”~Sir Charles Barkley
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

TKaffen does not realize that it would take an idiot to not recognize the parallels between Smollett and Trump.

Both are grifters.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    That's when it goes to trial, you fucking retard
    That is the first time I have heard that. The fright right freaks have been yelling "innocent until proven guilty" for years.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-26-2019)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    “America..America..listen to me. If you’re going to commit a crime, don’t write a check!”~Sir Charles Barkley
    hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still lovvvvvvvvve watching that!

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-27-2019)

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, he was not exonerated. He mostly made a plea bargain. He forfeited his bail and agreed to community service.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    Jussie Smollett has been completely exonerated.

Now which republicunt is going to apologise to him? And I hope Jussie sues all the bastards that accused him of setting this all up.

The truth is that trump supporters brutally attacked him.
    Perhaps Republican Mayor Rahm Emmanuel and Republican Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson will apologize.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    You are an idiot.
    Obama pulled stings for Jussie.
    The grand jury saw the evidence. There was enough evidence to charge him.
    The police chief and mayor was blindsided by the secret deal.

Black privilege
    Gay privilege
    Celebrity privilege
    Good to know the Obamas
    Well that was dumb.

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/joseph-magats/

Magats, who holds the position of first assistant state’s attorney in Foxx’s office, told The Sun-Times that his decision to drop the charges against Smollett, who is accused of staging a fake hate crime, should not be “interpreted that Smollett did not do what police and prosecutors have alleged,” the outlet reported.

He added that dropping the charges does not mean Smollett was the victim of any crime, as the actor had alleged.

“Absolutely not. We stand behind the CPD investigation done in this case, we stand behind the approval of charges in this case,” Magats told the Sun-Times. “They did a fantastic job. The fact there was an alternative disposition in this case is not and should not be viewed as some kind of admission there was something wrong with the case, or something wrong with the investigation that the Chicago Police did.”

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Joseph Magats Took Over Smollett Case After Kim Foxx Recused Herself

Magats took over the case after Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported that days after Smollett reported that he was attacked by two masked men who shouted homophobic and racist slurs and “this is MAGA county” to the police, Foxx tried to persuade Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson to turn the investigation over to the FBI.

The move came after Tina Tchen, a Chicago attorney and former chief of staff to former First Lady Michelle Obama, reached out to Foxx about the case.

According to the report, Tchen sent the contact information for one of Smollett’s relatives to Foxx, who later cited those conversations as the reason she recused herself.

Smollett was charged with 16 counts of disorderly conduct in the alleged hoax attack and police reports.

On Tuesday, Smollett arrived in court for an emergency hearing where all charges against him were dropped.

Smollett will forfeit the $10,000 he posted as bail after his arrest but his lawyer insisted they did not make a deal with prosecutors and that Magats dropped the charges on his own.

“After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case,” the state’s attorney’s office said in a statement.

Magats, a 28-year veteran of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office, previously headed its Criminal Prosecutions Bureau. He replaced Eric Sussman as Foxx’s top deputy in May of last year, The Chicago Tribune reported.

Magats told The Sun-Times that the decision to drop all charges “should not be interpreted that Smollett did not do what police and prosecutors have alleged,” the outlet reported.

He also denied that dropping the charges meant that Smollett was actually the victim of a crime.

“Absolutely not. We stand behind the CPD investigation done in this case, we stand behind the approval of charges in this case,” Magats said. “They did a fantastic job. The fact there was an alternative disposition in this case is not and should not be viewed as some kind of admission there was something wrong with the case, or something wrong with the investigation that the Chicago Police did.”

“It’s a nonviolent crime. He has no felony criminal background. If you start looking at the disposition in the case, in every case you need to look at the facts and circumstances of the case, and the defendant’s background,” he added.

2. Magats, a Prosecutor for 29 Years, Was Named Chief of the Criminal Prosecutions Bureau by Foxx in 2017 & Became Her Second-in-Command A Year Later

Joseph Magats, 54, has worked in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office for 29 years, according to the Chicago Tribune. Prior to Kim Foxx’s election to head up the office, Magats was a deputy chief state’s attorney. Foxx promoted Magats in January 2017 to be the chief of the criminal prosecutions bureau, according to the Chicago Law Bulletin.

Magats was then promoted again, in 2018, to become Foxx’s second-in-command as first assistant state’s attorney, the Chicago Tribune reported. His promotion came after the sudden departure of Eric Sussman, who had held the first assistant state’s attorney job since Foxx took over the office in December 2016.

With Magats’ promotion to be Cook’s second in command, prosecutor Risa Lanier was moved up to be the chief of criminal prosecutions. According to the Tribune, Lanier is the first African-American to lead that bureau. Lanier was in court for Smollett’s first appearance and held a press conference to discuss the case after.

3. Foxx Has Praised Magats for His ‘Credibility & Work Ethic & Expertise’

When State’s Attorney Kimberly Foxx promoted Joe Magats to chief of the criminal prosecutions bureau, she praised his experience and reputation among his co-workers and others in the Chicago legal community.

“Joe’s been in the office for 25 years. … I will be his fifth state’s attorney,” Foxx told the Chicago Law Bulletin in January 2017. “And through it all, Joe has maintained a level of credibility and work ethic and expertise that his colleagues, and those who come up under him, can be inspired by his work ethic.”

Magats talked to Chicago Lawyer Magazine in 2011 about stepping away from being a prosecutor in the courtroom to being an administrator in the state’s attorney’s office. Magats had spent years as the lead prosecutor on high-profile murder cases.

“I get antsy sometimes not standing in a courtroom on a regular basis, but that’s just the way I’m wired, I guess,” Magats told the magazine. “[The move to administration] was like pumping the brakes, but my day is still filled and moving fast in so many other different ways.”

Magats also talked about how prosecutors, along with public defenders, are short-staffed. “They are overworked and they are stretched thin at times; in a perfect world, it wouldn’t be that way. But they work their behinds off and make sure each case is at a level it needs to be.”

4. Chicago Police & the City’s Mayor Expressed Outrage Over the Decision Made by Prosecutors

Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson was “furious” when he learned of the prosecutor’s decision in the case, CBS Chicago reported.

According to the report, Johnson was blindsided by the news and “had no heads up this was going to happen.”

Johnson held an emotional press conference when he announced Smollett’s arrest in February.

“To put the national spotlight on Chicago for something that is both egregious and untrue is simply shameful,” he said.

“I only hope that the truth about what happened receives the same amount of attention that the hoax did,” he added. “I’ll continue to pray for this troubled young man who resorted to both drastic and illegal tactics to gain attention.”

5. Jussie Smollett Says He Is Fully Vindicated, Despite What Magats Says About the Case

Despite Magats’ statement, Smollett claimed that he was fully vindicated after charges were dropped Tuesday.

“I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of doing what I was accused of,” he said, according to CBS Chicago. “I’d like nothing more than to just get back to work and move on with my life, but make no mistakes I will always continue to fight for the justice, equality, and betterment of marginalized people everywhere.”

“I want you to know that not for a moment was it in vain, I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one. I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of one drop of what I’ve been accused of,” he continued.

“This has been an incredibly difficult time, honestly one of the worst of my entire life, but I am a man of a faith and I am a man that has knowledge of my history and I would not bring my family, our lives, or the movement through a fire like this. I just wouldn’t,” he added.

READ NEXT: Judge Steven Watkins Rules to Drop All Charges in Jussie Smollett Case

Published Mar 26, 2019 at 1:48pm
    Read More
    5 Fast Facts, Breaking News
    ADS BY REVCONTENT
    Around the Web
    Tinnitus (Ear Ringing): Do This Immediately to Get Rid of It
    EAR CLEAR
    Remember Him? Take A Deep Breath Before You See Him Now
    RIDICULOUSLYEXTRAORDINARY
    Remember Anna Nicole Smith's Daughter? Try Not to Gasp when You See Her Now
    PLAY JUNKIE
    Early Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis
    ARTHRITIS | SPONSORED LINKS
    Think Dental Implants Are Exorbitant? Think Again (View Prices)
    DENTAL IMPLANTS | SEARCH ADS
    These Photos Show a Side of Alexandria Ocasio-cortez Most Have Never Seen
    LIVESTLY

Home
    News
    Expand sub-menu
    Sports
    Expand sub-menu
    Entertainment
    Expand sub-menu
    Tech
    Expand sub-menu
    Gaming
    Expand sub-menu
    Shopping
    Expand sub-menu
    Heavy
    ABOUT HEAVY
    CONTACT US
    EDITORIAL GUIDELINES
    PRIVACY POLICY
    TERMS OF SERVICE
    STAY CONNECTED

Facebook Twitter Subscribe RSS Feed
    Copyright © 2019 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Powered by WordPress.com VIP

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (03-27-2019), Stretch (03-27-2019), TOP (03-27-2019)

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    Jussie Smollett has been completely exonerated.

Now which republicunt is going to apologise to him? And I hope Jussie sues all the bastards that accused him of setting this all up.

The truth is that trump supporters brutally attacked him.
    Not what the prosecutors said.