Thread: Pelosi about to put ALL GOP reps on the hot seat, force vote to override Trump veto

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Pelosi about to put ALL GOP reps on the hot seat, force vote to override Trump veto

U.S. House to vote on overriding Trump veto of resolution ending border emergency

Source: Reuters
    March 26, 2019 / 6:08 AM / Updated 4 hours ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A test of U.S. Republican lawmakers’ loyalty to President Donald Trump will come on Tuesday when the House of Representatives votes on a long-shot effort to override his veto of a resolution ending the emergency he declared at the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Democratic-led House had little expectation of gaining the Republican support needed to reach the roughly 290 votes, or two-thirds majority, required to override Trump’s veto. The 435-member House passed the resolution last month by 245-182, later joined by the Republican-led Senate.

Coming just days after Trump’s partial exoneration in a report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller, the House vote will hinge largely on perceptions in Congress that the emergency declared by Trump in order to build a border wall trampled on the congressional power to make government spending decisions.

But the Mueller report, which cleared Trump’s campaign team of colluding with Moscow in its meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, may make it more challenging for Republicans to defy the president on a range of issues, including his border emergency.

Read more: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1R70ZN

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

evince (03-26-2019), PoliTalker (03-26-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Go Nancy!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (03-26-2019), reagansghost (03-26-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Go Nancy!
    you cowardly little snowflake retard.

Didn't you start another thread just this morning where you banned all opinion other thatn yours

get the fu@k out and stay out of this thread,

your opinion doesn't matter

and go Nancy indeed, Queen moonbat is lost

like the GOP will override a veto

are you people insane? rhetorical as that may be
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why should the vote change? Most of the GOP guys who voted against the emergency declaration in the first place did so out of concern about executive power, not that there wasn't an emergency. If there's going to be any change at all, I think some dems might come around, especially after seeing what's been going on at the border for the past couple of weeks(lol, never mind. Your clowns would NEVER go against der nancyfurher)
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez,

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Why should the vote change? Most of the GOP guys who voted against the emergency declaration in the first place did so out of concern about executive power, not that there wasn't an emergency. If there's going to be any change at all, I think some dems might come around, especially after seeing what's been going on at the border for the past couple of weeks(lol, never mind. Your clowns would NEVER go against der nancyfurher)
    The bigger problem facing our country is not illegal immigration. It is hatred and our highly polarized politics.

We need to change our way of doing politics.

If somebody else has an idea you don't like, you need to say why instead of attacking the messenger. It is the idea you don't like, not the person saying it.

This basic dishonesty is self-delusion.

The people saying these things are not hurting you. It is what they are saying, their ideas, concepts and policies.

If you want to be honest with yourself, you should always attack the message, not the messenger.

The messenger can be replaced. The message can remain just as effective without the original messenger. It is the policy you really object to, so why not be honest and simply argue on that basis?

I know why you don't do that.

Because you know you will lose that way.

Socially conscious messages are popular.

That's why the oligarchs of the right always want to sell hatred for the messengers.

And most of the right appears to be putty in their hands.

The right = string puppets for demagogues. They pull the strings, you dance.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The demagogues and oligarchs have the right wrapped around their little finger:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (03-26-2019)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pelosi......HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!