Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl and lisasanders1964

Thread: Trump The Bully Playing Victimhood Card As Several Financial Investigations Continue.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump The Bully Playing Victimhood Card As Several Financial Investigations Continue.

Mueller's investigation isn't "IT." But as was made clear (even though the President Lied Again claiming 'full and complete exoneration,') a lie, as Mueller and AG Barr said, 'This does not exonerate the President at all. Anybody who believes what the President said is falling for total spin.

Bannon said it was going to be the financial dealings that brought Trump down. Those investigations are ongoing, and we may not even know about them all. Here are some:

The hush money investigation:

"Cohen pleaded guilty in August of 2018 to campaign finance violations and other financial crimes, admitting he made payments to Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels to keep them quiet in the run up the 2016 election. In December, he was sentenced to three years in prison.

Prosecutors directly implicated the President when they said in December that Cohen acted “in coordination and at the direction of” Trump."

Trump’s inauguration funding:

"Last September, Republican political consultant Sam Patten admitted steering $50,000 from a Ukrainian oligarch to Trump’s inauguration committee. FBI agents found more evidence about the inauguration when they were investigating Cohen, Trump’s former lawyer.

Mueller’s office initially looked into potential foreign donations to the inauguration, and now the U.S. attorney’s offices in Manhattan and Brooklyn are both investigating the involvement of foreign money. In February, prosecutors for the Southern District of New York sent a subpoena to the Trump inaugural committee demanding documents about the committee’s spending and donors. Prosecutors in New Jersey and the District of Columbia also sent subpoenas to the committee in separate probes."

Pro-Trump super PAC:

"Prosecutors in the Southern District of New York have also been looking into potential wrongdoing related to a pro-Trump super PAC called Rebuilding America Now. In December, the Times reported that prosecutors were interviewing people about whether Manafort illegally coordinated with the group while he was running Trump’s campaign, and whether the super PAC had taken in donations from people in Qatar or other Middle Eastern countries."

Trump Organization Insurance Payments:

"When Cohen testified in front of Congress last month, he mentioned that the Trump Organization inflated its assets to insurance companies. Days later, the New York Department of Financial Services sent a subpoena to Aon, the Trump Organization’s longtime insurance broker, according to the New York Times. The subpoena asked for all communication between Aon and the Trump Organization, as well as other internal documents and contracts."

Trump Organization real estate deals:

"Investigators sent subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and Investors Bank about the projects in early March, according to the Times. ... The scope of this investigation is not clear, but the subpoenas requested information about loan applications, mortgages, credit and other financial interactions related to Trump properties in Washington, Florida, New York and Chicago, according to the Times."

The Trump Foundation:

"The New York attorney general’s office sued the Donald J. Trump Foundation and its directors last year, saying they engaged in a “shocking pattern of illegality.” The Trumps agreed to dissolve the foundation in December, but the suit is still going. ... The Trump Foundation is also under investigation for potentially violating state tax laws. This case could lead to a criminal referral, unlike the civil case above."

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Trump’s taxes:

"The New York state tax department said in October it was looking into allegations brought up in a New York Times investigation into decades of Trump’s “tax schemes.” "

(This one is totally what Trump was raised to do - his father was notorious for tax avoidance schemes bordering on illegal. Is Trump vulnerable here?)

Trump’s golf club employing undocumented immigrants:

"After two undocumented immigrants who worked at Trump’s golf club in New Jersey went public in interviews with the Times in December, federal and state investigators started looking into the situation. Lawyers for the two workers said in December that the FBI and the New Jersey attorney general’s office were examining allegations that the Trump golf club hired workers using fraudulent papers."

(Oh, please, let this one go the full Monty. That would be so appropriate to see Trump nailed on hiring illegal immigrants!)

And then there are the Congressional investigations. Democrats control the House and have full investigatory powers of oversight over the President.

Here Are the Other Investigations President Trump Still Faces

The President may have survived ROUND ONE, but the questioning of his dealings is FAR FROM DONE.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (03-26-2019), CharacterAssassin (03-26-2019), christiefan915 (03-26-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

they're fighting for their lives

now we'll truly see the right wing in action, pushing an autocrat on the people to save their hides

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-26-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    they're fighting for their lives

now we'll truly see the right wing in action, pushing an autocrat on the people to save their hides
    If anybody knows the dirt on Trump it's Bannon.

I bet he's right about what will bring Trump down.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

reagansghost (03-26-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-26-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello CosmicRocker,

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker View Post
    Keep those blinders on tight, now. You wouldn't want to see anything except what the President tweets.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker View Post
    lmao.........

As a wise Irish terrorist once said, & I paraphrase, trumpf needs to be lucky every time, we only gotta be lucky once.......

while it may let up some pressure, like firing the fbi director, he still has a lot of garbage on his plate & in his closet.....

Everything is pretty much the same as it was last week..

Hopefully he can find time in his busy schedule that starts around noon & do something for the country besides tweet, bitch & cry about himself & his self inflicted wounds etc etc etc.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    lmao.........

As a wise Irish terrorist once said, & I paraphrase, trumpf needs to be lucky every time, we only gotta be lucky once.......

while it may let up some pressure, like firing the fbi director, he still has a lot of garbage on his plate & in his closet.....

Everything is pretty much the same as it was last week..

Hopefully he can find time in his busy schedule that starts around noon & do something for the country besides tweet, bitch & cry about himself & his self inflicted wounds etc etc etc.......
    Trump needs to be lucky every time.

We only need to be lucky one time.

I love that.

That's good!
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 03-26-2019 at 11:27 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (03-26-2019)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 41 Posts

Go after Trump's past affairs as a private citizen because you don't like that you cannot find corruption in his presidency.
    The anti-Trumper's new mantra:

“B-b-but muh White supremacy”

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    Go after Trump's past affairs as a private citizen because you don't like that you cannot find corruption in his presidency.
    That is a waste of time, he could shoot someone & his fools wouldn't blink an eye, & not just their eyes are closed to his crimes

IMHO most of what the dems are pursuing is a waste of time, eventhough it would prob take down most decent leaders..

His base is solidly behind him NO MATTER WHAT, but there are many indi that can perhaps be swayed w/ real & substantial evidence..
    Last edited by Bill; 03-26-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Heff,

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    Do you think that just because somebody gets elected President it exonerates them from any past crimes?

If that were the case we would have people like El Chapo running for Pres.