Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A theory on the absurd non-exoneration

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default A theory on the absurd non-exoneration

I’ve been trying to make some sense of Mullet almost nearly, but not quite lol, exonerating Trump on obstruction.

It’s absurd on its face and it makes Mullet look spineless for not pulling the trigger if he thought the evidence was sufficient for a charge. Most commentators think Mullet left the window cracked for The Resistance and I’ll grant that’s the most plausible explanation. The evidence isn’t exactly overwhelming and there’s evidence that goes against a charge [Rosenstein’s recommendation to fire Comey; Trump’s authority to fire him; the fact Trump never actually interfered in the investigation etc].

But there’s another possible explanation.

Mullet has discovered things in the investigation. Things like the degree to which the campaign was being spied on. Mullet has interviewed Papadopoulos and knows whether Papadopoulos was being set up as a stooge by certain players.

Knowing all this, why would he bring such a charge knowing there’s a risk the whole thing involved a criminal conspiracy and that any charges brought against Trump, as a result of it, would be summarily dismissed—and could even implicate Mullet himself.

If Mullet felt there was sufficient evidence to bring an obstruction charge he wasn’t going to be the one to pull the trigger on it. Declare it a non-exoneration and kick the ball over to democrats in Congress. Sort of like ‘there may be sufficient evidence, but I’ll leave this one to you lol’.

And Pontius Pilate washes his hands of the matter.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Groans At Darth Omar For This Awful Post:

Rune (03-26-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (03-27-2019), Stretch (03-26-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

^ awesome line - so true.
    ~~

remember Mueller is Comey's buddy and the team a bunch of Democratic hit men.
    No way could Mueller make a case for collusion..it wasn't there -not by ANYONE in the Trump campaign.

Obstruction is subjective - but clearly Trump had no corrupt purpose in firing Comey.
    Comey refused to clear him as "not a target" in public etc. - so Trump fired him.

But Mueller was always going to leave an opening for the Dems; wait till we see the report
    and I'm sure he'll have the same narrative going he used for his indictments the Dems wil latch onto

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-26-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

they are both life long republicans idiots

Congress is the one the constitution decided should make these determinations idiots

you are now fighting the constitution

7. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2019)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Mason Melchizedek (03-26-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Dirty View Post
    they are both life long republican idiots
    We know.
    Every life matters

10. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    We know.
    Just by misplacing a comma, the lunatic actually got something right albeit accidentally.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-26-2019)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker View Post
    ~~

No way could Mueller make a case for collusion..it wasn't there -not by ANYONE in the Trump campaign.

Obstruction is subjective - but clearly Trump had no corrupt purpose in firing Comey.
    Comey refused to clear him as "not a target" in public etc. - so Trump fired him.

But Mueller was always going to leave an opening for the Dems; wait till we see the report
    and I'm sure he'll have the same narrative going he used for his indictments the Dems wil latch onto
    I think it makes an even stronger case and impact for non-obstruction by having Rosenweasel's agreement with AG Barr right there in print for all the Democrat world to see. Kind of makes ol' Rod take a knee to "he who shall not be named" as well.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-26-2019), dukkha (03-26-2019), Truth Detector (03-26-2019)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    I’ve been trying to make some sense of Mullet almost nearly, but not quite lol, exonerating Trump on obstruction.
    Maybe the confusion you have is due to the fact that Barr summarized the conclusions for you, instead of you being able to do that yourself.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

16. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (03-26-2019)

18. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I think it makes an even stronger case and impact for non-obstruction by having Rosenweasel's agreement with AG Barr right there in print for all the Democrat world to see.
    Rosenstein was appointed by Trump, and his signature doesn't appear on Barr's summary.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

19. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Status of the Department's Review

The relevant regulations contemplate that the Special Counsel's report will be a "confidential report" to the Attorney General. See Office of Special Counsel, 64 Fed. Reg. 37,038, 37,040-41 (July 9, 1999). As I have previously stated, however, I am mindful of the public interest in this matter. For that reason, my goal and intent is to release as much of the Special Counsel's report as I can consistent with applicable law, regulations, and Departmental policies.

Based on my discussions with the Special Counsel and my initial review, it is apparent that the report contains material that is or could be subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6( e ), which imposes restrictions on the use and disclosure of information relating to "matter[ s] occurring before [a] grand jury." Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e)(2)(B). Rule 6(e) generally limits disclosure of certain grand jury information in a criminal investigation and prosecution. Id. Disclosure of 6( e) material beyond the strict limits set forth in the rule is a crime in certain circumstances. See, e.g., 18 U.S.C. § 401(3). This restriction protects the integrity of grand jury proceedings and ensures that the unique and invaluable investigative powers of a grand jury are used strictly for their intended criminal justice function.

Given these restrictions, the schedule for processing the report depends in part on how quickly the Department can identify the 6( e) material that by law cannot be made public. I have requested the assistance of the Special Counsel in identifying all 6( e) information contained in the report as quickly as possible. Separately, I also must identify any information that could impact other ongoing matters, including those that the Special Counsel has referred to other offices. As soon as that process is complete, I will be in a position to move forward expeditiously in determining what can be released in light of applicable law, regulations, and Departmental policies.

As I observed in my initial notification, the Special Counsel regulations provide that "the Attorney General may determine that public release of' notifications to your respective Committees "would be in the public interest." 28 C.F.R. § 600.9(c). I have so determined, and I will disclose this letter to the public after delivering it to you.

Sincerely,
    William P. Barr Attorney General"

https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...Committees.pdf

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-26-2019)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker View Post
    ~~

Bullshit.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

23. The Following 2 Users Groan At Rune For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2019), dukkha (03-26-2019)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-26-2019)

25. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Maybe the confusion you have is due to the fact that Barr summarized the conclusions for you, instead of you being able to do that yourself.
    How many times do you regurgitate the same talking point in a single day lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2019), dukkha (03-26-2019), Truth Detector (03-26-2019)

27. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

It’s absurd on its face and it makes Mullet look spineless for not pulling the trigger if he thought the evidence was sufficient for a charge. Most commentators think Mullet left the window cracked for The Resistance and I’ll grant that’s the most plausible explanation. The evidence isn’t exactly overwhelming and there’s evidence that goes against a charge [Rosenstein’s recommendation to fire Comey; Trump’s authority to fire him; the fact Trump never actually interfered in the investigation etc].

Mullet has discovered things in the investigation. Things like the degree to which the campaign was being spied on. Mullet has interviewed Papadopoulos and knows whether Papadopoulos was being set up as a stooge by certain players.

Knowing all this, why would he bring such a charge knowing there’s a risk the whole thing involved a criminal conspiracy and that any charges brought against Trump, as a result of it, would be summarily dismissed—and could even implicate Mullet himself.

If Mullet felt there was sufficient evidence to bring an obstruction charge he wasn’t going to be the one to pull the trigger on it. Declare it a non-exoneration and kick the ball over to democrats in Congress. Sort of like ‘there may be sufficient evidence, but I’ll leave this one to you lol’.

Pontius

Conspiracy is very, very difficult to prove...

What need was there to conspire if the russians are doing your bidding already & @ no cost??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

28. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Pontius

Conspiracy is very, very difficult to prove...

What need was there to conspire if the russians are doing your bidding already & @ no cost??
    What bidding was that lol?

29. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

What bidding was that lol?

Now go stick your head back in the sand.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

30. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

a prosecutors/investigators job is not to exonerate. That was never his job. There either is evidence or there isn't. With regards to obstruction, the underlying non-crime goes to intent in proving obstruction. Given there was no underlying crime of collusion, there can be no intent to obstruct, and that is muellers conclusion, not barrs.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.