Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Congress Didn't Ask for a Summary': Demands to #ReleaseTheFullReport Surge After Bar

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,600 Times in 9,131 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default 'Congress Didn't Ask for a Summary': Demands to #ReleaseTheFullReport Surge After Bar

'Congress Didn't Ask for a Summary': Demands to #ReleaseTheFullReport Surge After Barr Letter

"I don't want a summary of the Mueller report. I want the whole damn report," said Sen. Bernie Sanders

Arguing that a four-page summary by President Donald Trump's handpicked Attorney General is far from sufficient transparency for a probe that lasted nearly two years, members of Congress and progressive advocacy groups Sunday night intensified their demands that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's full conclusions be made public immediately.

"I don't want a summary of the Mueller report. I want the whole damn report," tweeted Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) after Attorney General William Barr submitted his report to Congress.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...er-barr-letter

This piece of shit Trump is far from exonerated?!!

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At signalmankenneth For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2019), Earl (03-26-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

evince (03-26-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Just like income tax returns, stories about illicit affairs, school records, and business dealings, the Mueller Report will be forever hidden, Trump has his Roy Cohn, and at best all we will ever see is a heavily retracted version authored in the White House

5. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bernie Sanders......HA!

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

nice talking point cartoon ken, but it's literally illegal for barr to just release the report immediately, and he was never going to. there is grand jury informaton in there that by law needs to remain confidential. he can't do anything about that. the summary was just that, a summary to give you the the nuts and bolts of the mueller report, and he was every intention of releasing more in the coming weeks. Not a single republican in congress is against the release of the report, nor is the president, and the reason for this is because it was fake news. If you want to set yourself up for additional disappointment, be our guest, but how many more times do you insist on doing this to yourselves? You've been owned once again. 2 years of fake news. you are our intellectual slaves now.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

For the liberal idiots who don't read:

As I have previously stated, however, I am mindful of the public interest in this matter. For that reason, my goal and intent is to release as much of the Special Counsel's report as I can consistent with applicable law, regulations, and Departmental policies.

Based on my discussions with the Special Counsel and my initial review, it is apparent that the report contains material that is or could be subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e), which imposes restrictions on the use and disclosure of information relating to “matter[s] occurring before [a] grand jury.” Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e)(2)(B). Rule 6(e) generally limits disclosure of certain grand jury information in a criminal investigation and prosecution. Id. Disclosure of 6(e) material beyond the strict limits set forth in the rule is a crime in certain circumstances. See, e.g., 18 U.S.C. § 401(3). This restriction protects the integrity of grand jury proceedings and ensures that the unique and invaluable investigative powers of a grand jury are used strictly for their intended criminal justice function.

Given these restrictions, the schedule for processing the report depends in part on how quickly the Department can identify the 6(e) material that by law cannot be made public. I have requested the assistance of the Special Counsel in identifying all 6(e) information contained in the report as quickly as possible. Separately, I also must identify any information that could impact other ongoing matters, including those that the Special Counsel has referred to other offices. As soon as that process is complete, I will be in a position to move forward expeditiously in determining what can be released in light of applicable law, regulations, and Departmental policies.

As I observed in my initial notification, the Special Counsel regulations provide that “the Attorney General may determine that public release of” notifications to your respective Committees “would be in the public interest.” 28 C.F.R. § 600.9(c). I have so determined, and I will disclose this letter to the public after delivering it to you.

Sincerely,
    William P. Barr
    Attorney General
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

dukkha (03-25-2019), Stretch (03-25-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Congress Didn't Ask for a Summary': Demands to #ReleaseTheFullReport Surge After Bar
    we never promised you a Rose Garden......

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,012 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    'Congress Didn't Ask for a Summary': Demands to #ReleaseTheFullReport Surge After Barr Letter

"I don't want a summary of the Mueller report. I want the whole damn report," said Sen. Bernie Sanders

Arguing that a four-page summary by President Donald Trump's handpicked Attorney General is far from sufficient transparency for a probe that lasted nearly two years, members of Congress and progressive advocacy groups Sunday night intensified their demands that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's full conclusions be made public immediately.

"I don't want a summary of the Mueller report. I want the whole damn report," tweeted Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) after Attorney General William Barr submitted his report to Congress.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...er-barr-letter

This piece of shit Trump is far from exonerated?!!

I don't know how people can be so daft. If we got a summary from a democrat instead, I'd assume it probably isn't as bad as they let on. Trump toots his horn so much, that if he thought it did clear him, He'd be demanding it to be framed, and made part of the White House tour. Do Trump supporters really have that little cognizance, and shame left?

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

I can hear Trump telling his crony Barr, "Make it look real pretty for me- if you like your job"!

You Trump ass kissers are some of the most gullible idiots on the planet!

Most especially if you think the Democrats are going to buy into this further Obstruction of Justice!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-25-2019)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

ROFL at the cognitive dissonance on this board re: Barr....relax...

15. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (03-26-2019)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I can hear Trump telling his crony Barr, "Make it look real pretty for me- if you like your job"!

You Trump ass kissers are some of the most gullible idiots on the planet!

Most especially if you think the Democrats are going to buy into this further Obstruction of Justice!
    The only thing Barr will redact is information gathered from a grand jury. Other than that everyone will see it. And of course Democrats will still be pissing themselves that they lost again.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I don't know how people can be so daft. If we got a summary from a democrat instead, I'd assume it probably isn't as bad as they let on. Trump toots his horn so much, that if he thought it did clear him, He'd be demanding it to be framed, and made part of the White House tour. Do Trump supporters really have that little cognizance, and shame left?
    Troll

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,999 Times in 14,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    It's day one. The report will come out. One way or another. Meanwhile, let the trump klan have their day. We already know that it doesn't exonerate trump. Nor does it prove that the trump campaign didn't conspire with Russia.

Manafort and Big Bird didn't comply with Mueller. Big Bird will stand trial soon, and we'll find that he helped Putin target specific demographics with the stolen DNC info.

In the end, it doesn't matter all that much. Nobody who is chomping at the bit waiting for Nov. '20 is going to suddenly decide that trump doesn't have to go. The '18 massacre wasn't based on the fact that Mueller was investigating a narrow scope of trump's crimes.

Ignore the 'exonerated' threads, or participate in them. Me? I'm waiting until more specific language comes out.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Rune (03-26-2019)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    The only thing Barr will redact is information gathered from a grand jury. Other than that everyone will see it. And of course Democrats will still be pissing themselves that they lost again.
    You actually believe that! LOL! Blahahahaha!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Rune (03-26-2019)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,999 Times in 14,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I tend to agree with the first part of the post. The last sentence doesn't merit discussion.

Of course there will be confidential information that will be redacted. Grand Jury testimony can be exposed with proper protocol. If Barr refuses to act in good faith, the information will come out one way or another.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Congress should shit in one hand and want in the other, see which hand fills up first. That's just me being a smart ass though. In reality, there will be some stuff that will be redacted but they'll get to see most of it. And I'm really okay with that. The question should be, do the democrats really WANT the whole thing out?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung